|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is true regarding Supreme Court Justices?
(a) They don't seek re-election and are not indebted to anyone.
(b) All of these.
(c) They are free to disagree.
(d) They are appointed to lifetime terms.
2. Who is the new director of the Florida prison system during Gideon's Supreme Court trial?
(a) Harold Milligan.
(b) Marvellas Cooke.
(c) Louie L. Wainwright.
(d) Marvin Edelman.
3. Which of the following is NOT a Justice seated during Gideon's Supreme Court case?
(a) Arthur J. Goldberg.
(b) John Marshall Harlan.
(c) Daniel Ellsberg.
(d) Earl Warren.
4. Lawyers appearing before the Supreme Court should not be overconfident or ______________.
5. Jacob recommends that if a new law were to come from the Gideon case it should not be _______________.
(c) In effect for a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the consensus regarding appointed attorneys?
2. George Mantz of ____________ admits that his state's courts could soon follow the trend to appoint attorneys in all cases.
3. Why does the right to an attorney issue become even greater on the state level?
4. Walter Mondale of Minnesota wrote to Jacob that all __________________ should have a lawyer.
5. Which of the following does the Fourteenth Amendment address?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)