|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the only two states to stand with Florida on the right to an attorney position?
(a) Mississippi and Alabama.
(b) Alabama and North Carolina.
(c) Georgia and North Carolina.
(d) Tennessee and South Carolina.
2. What is the name of another case in Florida that is similar to Gideon's regarding right to an attorney?
(a) Cromwell vs. Cooley.
(b) Cronin vs. Cochran.
(c) Carnley vs. Cochran.
(d) Carney vs. Collins.
3. How many other states sign Berlin's legal brief?
4. The Supreme Court Justices are aware that many of the cases they hear are the result of __________________.
(a) Unskilled judges in the local courts.
(b) An overloaded local court system.
(c) A poor State Court system.
(d) A defendant's lack of a defense attorney.
5. Alabama's brief declares that ___________________ is more likely to be acquitted.
(a) A first-time offender.
(b) An indigent without counsel.
(c) An indigent with counsel.
(d) A retarded person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of payment do most appointed attorneys get?
2. Which law school does John Hart Ely attend?
3. Which of the following does the Fourteenth Amendment address?
4. Who typed Jacob's legal brief in the Gideon case?
5. Gideon is perceived to be intelligent but ______________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)