|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some people at the state level want to see implemented?
(a) A lottery to decide who takes a case.
(b) A public defender's office.
(c) Another appellate court.
(d) Mandatory attorney representation.
2. For how long are Supreme Court Justices on the bench?
(a) Ten year terms.
(b) Two year terms.
(c) Four year terms.
(d) Lifetime terms.
3. In most cases the majority of the work falls on _________________.
(a) The defense attorney.
(b) The Attorney General.
(c) The prosecutor's office.
(d) The defendant.
4. What did State Judge Walter V. Schaefer of the Illin.ois Court of Illinois assert as a citizen's greatest right?
(a) The right to bear arms.
(b) The right to practice religion.
(c) The right of free speech.
(d) The right to an attorney.
5. How many people other than Jacob are on Jacob's law team in the Gideon case?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the case in which the the opinion indicates that federal defendants should always have the right to an attorney?
2. When the Supreme Court ruled that federal defendants must have lawyers, a ________________ took over in place of any official body creating and funding a system that would work.
3. Why did Jacob only have evenings and weekends to devote to the states' case against Gideon?
4. Who was the director of the federal penitentiary system?
5. Which of the following is the consensus regarding appointed attorneys?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)