|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the Fourteenth Amendment address?
(b) All of these.
2. In most cases the majority of the work falls on _________________.
(a) The defendant.
(b) The defense attorney.
(c) The Attorney General.
(d) The prosecutor's office.
3. Which of the following is true of Gideon's case?
(a) All of these.
(b) A senior partner of the firm did the majority of the writing for the brief.
(c) Expensive attorneys spent many hours in research.
(d) He had a large, established firm on his side.
4. What do some people at the state level want to see implemented?
(a) Another appellate court.
(b) Mandatory attorney representation.
(c) A lottery to decide who takes a case.
(d) A public defender's office.
5. How many other states sign Berlin's legal brief?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the right to an attorney issue become even greater on the state level?
2. Who writes a legal brief in support of Gideon after Walter Mondale's letter is circulated?
3. Most prisoners currently jailed without the benefit of an attorney do not have which of the following characteristics that Gideon possesses?
4. Who was the Florida governor at the time of Gideon vs. Wainwright?
5. Which of the following is NOT a Justice seated during Gideon's Supreme Court case?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)