|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
(a) Abe Fourman.
(b) Abe Vigoda.
(c) Abe Rothstein.
(d) Abe Fortas.
2. What do some people at the state level want to see implemented?
(a) A public defender's office.
(b) Mandatory attorney representation.
(c) A lottery to decide who takes a case.
(d) Another appellate court.
3. In the Betts vs. Brady case in 1942, in what state did Smith Betts live?
4. In Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's document, Gideon states that he can't cite laws such as the Florida Attorney General has, but that he "_____________________________."
(a) Knows there are many of them.
(b) Has good intentions.
(c) Is trying to learn the best he can.
(d) But he will look them up if it takes forever.
5. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(b) New England.
(d) West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abe Fortas practice law?
2. How do some of the Supreme Court Justices consider their power?
3. At what type of work does Gideon say he could make a living?
4. How old was Gideon when he ran away from home to escape his strict stepfather?
5. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)