|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many law clerks are available to assist the Supreme Court Justices?
2. The Supreme Court Justices are aware that many of the cases they hear are the result of __________________.
(a) A poor State Court system.
(b) A defendant's lack of a defense attorney.
(c) Unskilled judges in the local courts.
(d) An overloaded local court system.
3. What is the name of another case in Florida that is similar to Gideon's regarding right to an attorney?
(a) Cromwell vs. Cooley.
(b) Carney vs. Collins.
(c) Cronin vs. Cochran.
(d) Carnley vs. Cochran.
4. Which state files its own brief in support of the principles of Gideon's case?
5. Most prisoners currently jailed without the benefit of an attorney do not have which of the following characteristics that Gideon possesses?
(a) All of these.
(b) Educational level.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
2. Who writes a legal brief in support of Gideon after Walter Mondale's letter is circulated?
3. How many pages does Gideon's Supreme Court petition contain?
4. What establishment was Gideon convicted of robbing?
5. What did State Judge Walter V. Schaefer of the Illin.ois Court of Illinois assert as a citizen's greatest right?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)