|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pages does Gideon's Supreme Court petition contain?
2. Why does Gideon's family not qualify for welfare?
(a) Because of Gideon's criminal record.
(b) Because Gideon makes too much money.
(c) Because welfare was not established yet.
(d) Because of Gideon's wife's criminal record.
3. What does Gideon say about the prison facilities for filing court documents?
(a) They are better than he imagined.
(b) They do not exist.
(c) They are excellent.
(d) They are inadequate.
4. What would a lawyer have followed up on regarding Henry Cook's testimony but Gideon didn't know to do?
(a) If Cook had a grudge against Gideon.
(b) If Cook had an arrest record.
(c) Why Cook was on the street at that time of the morning.
(d) If Cook had a job.
5. How old is Gideon?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sentence did Gideon receive in his first trial?
2. Federal law _____________ state law.
3. What is covered in the issue of federalism?
4. What is the next issue following the Supreme Court's ruling in Gideon's favor?
5. Why was the Betts case able to prevail in 1942?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)