|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what type of work does Gideon say he could make a living?
(a) Electrical wiring.
(b) Car maintenance.
(c) Truck driving.
2. One of the Justices asks Jacob if he believes all the prisoners currently jailed without benefit of an attorney are __________________.
3. With whom does Gideon file a petition?
(a) The NAACP.
(b) The American Civil Liberties Union.
(c) The U.S. Supreme Court.
(d) The Florida Appellate Court.
4. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
(b) a phone call.
(d) due process.
5. How many Supreme Court decisions has Gideon read?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
2. What is Gideon on the verge of losing while in jail this time?
3. What type of payment do most appointed attorneys get?
4. As a general rule, the Justices' decisions follow ______________ of what's most important in the judicial system.
5. What does Gideon tell his attorney is the primary reason he needs to get out of jail?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)