|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Federal law _____________ state law.
(c) is more lenient than.
(d) is harsher than.
2. When the Supreme Court ruled that federal defendants must have lawyers, a ________________ took over in place of any official body creating and funding a system that would work.
(a) Task force.
(c) State committee.
3. What is the name of another case in Florida that is similar to Gideon's regarding right to an attorney?
(a) Carnley vs. Cochran.
(b) Carney vs. Collins.
(c) Cromwell vs. Cooley.
(d) Cronin vs. Cochran.
4. Where is the U.S. Supreme Court located?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
5. Where does Abe Fortas practice law?
(a) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(b) Orlando, Florida.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
2. Which of the following is an indigent person unable to afford that a rich defendant can?
3. What is Gideon's state of mind as he prepares to go to trial at the Supreme Court?
4. Which of the following does Henry Cook state that Henry did on the morning of June 3?
5. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)