|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which are the only two states to stand with Florida on the right to an attorney position?
(a) Mississippi and Alabama.
(b) Tennessee and South Carolina.
(c) Alabama and North Carolina.
(d) Georgia and North Carolina.
2. Gideon writes a letter of ____________ pages to Abe Fortas to tell him what really happened.
3. Where is the U.S. Supreme Court located?
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
4. How does Gideon describe Fortas' legal brief about the case?
(a) Brilliant document.
(b) A masterpiece.
(c) A Godsend.
(d) Truly inspiring work.
5. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
(a) Ruth Babineaux.
(b) Tonya Robichaux.
(c) Babs Devereaux.
(d) Yvette Mimieux.
Short Answer Questions
1. A famous line in Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court reads: "It makes no difference how old I am or what color I am or __________________________."
2. What reason did the judge in Gideon's first trial not appoint an attorney?
3. What does Abe Fortas think would be the best way for the Justices to understand Gideon's case?
4. How many does does the opposing side on a case have to respond once a petition submitted to the Supreme Court?
5. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)