|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the witness in Gideon's first trial who states that he saw Gideon at the poolroom on the morning of June 3?
(a) Henry Koch.
(b) Harvey Cook.
(c) Hank Cookson.
(d) Henry Cook.
2. How many law clerks are available to assist the Supreme Court Justices?
3. How old was Gideon when he ran away from home to escape his strict stepfather?
4. Why is Gideon filing an appeal to his case?
(a) He had to wait six months before going to trial.
(b) He had no attorney at his trial.
(c) He had a junior attorney at his trial.
(d) He had no trial before going to prison.
5. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
(a) Orlando, Florida.
(b) Hollywood, Florida.
(c) Panama City, Florida.
(d) Venice, Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Gideon guaranteed an attorney during a Supreme Court trial?
2. What would happen to the appeals process if Gideon's appeal is approved?
3. Abe Fortas indicates that a lawyer would have known that ____________ could have been a defense for the crime.
4. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
5. What reason did the judge in Gideon's first trial not appoint an attorney?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)