|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What establishment was Gideon convicted of robbing?
(a) Palms and Pawns Shop.
(b) Flamingo Pawn Shop.
(c) Bay Harbor Poolroom.
(d) Seabreeze Bar & Grill.
2. Which of the following falls into the category of "special circumstances" for those on trial?
(c) All of these.
(d) Mentally ill.
3. In what part of the country does Gideon live?
(a) West Coast.
(b) New England.
4. What would happen to the appeals process if Gideon's appeal is approved?
(a) He will be a free man.
(b) It will be easier to get a case to the Supreme Court.
(c) It will be even harder to appeal.
(d) All state courts will be impacted.
5. Why does Gideon say he needs to get out of prison?
(a) To get a good job.
(b) To care for his children.
(c) To continue his education.
(d) To care for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Gideon take on in helping other inmates?
2. Gideon says that his court trial violated the _____________ Amendment.
3. What is unique about Gideon's petition to the U.S. Supreme Court?
4. What does Gideon say about the prison facilities for filing court documents?
5. Who, other than the Justices, are included in behind closed door sessions when they consider which cases to hear?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)