|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abe Fortas practice law?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Orlando, Florida.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. What does Gideon say about the prison facilities for filing court documents?
(a) They are better than he imagined.
(b) They are inadequate.
(c) They are excellent.
(d) They do not exist.
3. Which of the following is NOT an area in which Abe Fortas is familiar?
(a) U.S. Presidents.
(b) U.S. Government.
(c) Tax law.
4. What payment does an attorney representing a client in a Supreme Court case receive?
(a) A monthly retainer.
(b) Nothing but his name attached to a Supreme Court case.
(c) 20% of the damages awarded.
(d) A flat fee based on the scope of the trial.
5. Gideon writes a letter of ____________ pages to Abe Fortas to tell him what really happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Among the most important concepts for the Justices is the determination of _________________.
2. What does Henry Cook state that Gideon had in his hand when he saw him on the morning of June 3?
3. Who is the central person in GIDEON'S TRUMPET?
4. Who does Gideon marry ten months after his first marriage?
5. Gideon believes that he was denied ______________ during a legal trial.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)