|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is appointed to represent Gideon in his Supreme Court trial?
(a) Abe Fourman.
(b) Abe Rothstein.
(c) Abe Vigoda.
(d) Abe Fortas.
2. In what city is the Florida State Prison located?
3. In what city did Gideon commit his crime?
(a) Orlando, Florida.
(b) Venice, Florida.
(c) Hollywood, Florida.
(d) Panama City, Florida.
4. What is the question the Justices say is before them when deciding to hear Gideon's case?
(a) Should this Court's holding in Betts vs. Brady, 316 U.S. 455, be reconsiderd?
(b) Why should the U.S. Supreme Court have to get involved with a petty larceny case?
(c) How many more men like Clarence Earl Gideon are sitting in America's prisons?
(d) Are we not bound to provide legal justice for all men in this country?
5. In what city in Florida did Gideon reside?
(b) Panama City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than Gideon, who is the only person who could have filed Gideon's petition to the Supreme Court?
2. What is covered in the issue of federalism?
3. What reason did the judge in Gideon's first trial not appoint an attorney?
4. Is Gideon guaranteed an attorney during a Supreme Court trial?
5. In Gideon's reply to the Florida Attorney General's document, Gideon states that he can't cite laws such as the Florida Attorney General has, but that he "_____________________________."
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)