Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Per Hansa refuse to let Beret be known by?
2. Where does Hans Olsa decide to spend the night so that he doesn't get lost in the snowstorm in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. Tonseten says that the settlers should take names that reflect what?
4. Who does the minister want to baptize?
5. In which direction is Per looking when he dies?
Explain the significance of the title of the novel, Giants in the Earth. Who are the "giants" in the earth? What does this label designate? What is the title's relationship to the idea that the Hansa family is used as a means to tell a universal story?
In a new found community, there are going to be good things that happen within the community and negative things as well. Discuss the positive or successful elements in the settlement on Spring Creek as well as the negative or unfortunate moments. How do they define the characters involved or the settlement itself? Provide examples.
The men and the women in the novel seem to have very separate and distinct roles in the novel. Describe the different roles in the novel. What are the roles of the men? Are these roles of typical pioneer men? What are the roles of the women? Are these roles of typical pioneer women? How are the men and women separated or characterized in the novel? Provide examples from the book.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)