|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(b) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
(c) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(d) Hans Johan and Jennie.
2. What does the minister ask of the people of the house when he first arrives?
(a) Lodging for himself and his horse.
(b) Directions to the next settlement.
(c) Firewood for his campfire.
(d) Food to take with him on his journey.
3. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
(a) His labor.
(b) His cow.
(c) His books.
(d) His wagon.
4. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
(a) Wood cutting.
(c) Duck hunting.
(d) Bear hunting.
5. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Sioux River.
(c) Sioux Falls.
(d) Filmore County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Peder Seier?
2. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
4. When Per Hansa gets lost in the blizzard, what does he begin to have hallucinations of?
5. Why does Beret tell Per Hansa that it does no good to cry?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)