|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Per Hansa refuse to let Beret be known by?
2. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
(a) Ten cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) Twenty cents.
(d) Five cents.
3. Who is Torkel Tallaksen?
(a) A Swedish man selling seed.
(b) A cousin of Tonseten's.
(c) A Norwegian newcomer with money.
(d) An Irish farmer with a large family.
4. What does the minister say his communion Sunday sermon teaches?
(a) The blessings of hard work.
(b) The strength of marriage.
(c) The love of a mother.
(d) The evil of pride.
5. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) The Spring Creek settlement.
(d) The James River settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the locusts plague the settlers?
2. What does Per Hansa's newborn baby's middle name mean?
3. Where does Per Hansa go to sell the furs that he buys at the Indian settlement?
4. What is another name for Peder Seier?
5. Why do the women suggest that Per Hansa quickly christen his new child after birth?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)