|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is the minister's communion Sunday service sermon about?
(a) Beret Hansa.
(b) A Scottish farmer.
(d) A Norwegian widow.
2. What name does Sorine suggest that Per Hansa use as his new name?
3. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
4. How does the minister react when Tonseten tells him about his transgression?
(a) He scolds him.
(b) He lashes him.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He gives him penance to perform.
5. Why does Hans Olsa ultimately decide to return home during the night in the snowstorm in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His bed is more comfortable than the hay.
(b) Sorine is making a special meal.
(c) He'd rather lose his life outside than with his cattle.
(d) Sorine will worry if he doesn't return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Beret go into labor?
2. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
3. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
4. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
5. Who does Hans Olsa ask Per Hansa to bring to him before he dies?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)