|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret believe will become of herself and her baby?
(a) They will become very close.
(b) They will die in labor.
(c) Per Hansa will abandon them.
(d) They will be sent back East.
2. What does Per Hansa do after he returns home from the Hallings?
(a) Feeds the cows.
(b) Gets sick.
(c) Whitewashes the walls.
(d) Plants potatoes.
3. What does the minister ask of the people of the house when he first arrives?
(a) Food to take with him on his journey.
(b) Lodging for himself and his horse.
(c) Directions to the next settlement.
(d) Firewood for his campfire.
4. What rains down from the strange storm clouds as the men harvest the wheat in Book 2, Chapter 2?
5. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
(b) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(c) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
(d) She tries to burn the sod house down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorine do when Hans Olsa returns home during the snowstorm?
2. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does the final chapter of the book open with?
4. What day does Beret go into labor?
5. A couple arrives at Spring Creek and the woman is tied up in the wagon. What has happened to them?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)