|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Torkel Tallaksen?
(a) A Norwegian newcomer with money.
(b) A Swedish man selling seed.
(c) An Irish farmer with a large family.
(d) A cousin of Tonseten's.
2. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(b) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(c) Hans Johan and Jennie.
(d) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
3. Per Hansa thinks that his wife is too _______ for a pregnant woman.
4. What does Beret believe will become of herself and her baby?
(a) They will be sent back East.
(b) They will die in labor.
(c) They will become very close.
(d) Per Hansa will abandon them.
5. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) The Spring Creek settlement.
(c) The James River settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Sorine suggest that Per Hansa use as his new name?
2. During their trip to gather more wood, what do the men do to avoid losing each other in the storm?
3. What happens two days after Per Hansa plants his wheat crop?
4. What does Hans Olsa find when he arrives on his third quarter during the snowstorm?
5. A couple arrives at Spring Creek and the woman is tied up in the wagon. What has happened to them?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)