|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret say living in a sod house does?
(a) Helps save money for the future.
(b) Ruins the family's clothing.
(c) Keeps the family warm at night.
(d) Turns people into animals.
2. What does the final chapter of the book open with?
(a) A discussion of Beret's illness.
(b) A discussion of life faced by the pioneers.
(c) A hunting scene involving Per Hansa.
(d) An argument between Kjersti and Tonseten.
3. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A wooden house.
(b) A large barn.
(c) A church.
(d) Spring Creek's first store.
4. Where does Per Hansa go to sell the furs that he buys at the Indian settlement?
(d) North Dakota.
5. What does Per Hansa's newborn baby's middle name mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
2. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
3. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
4. What does Sorine do when Hans Olsa returns home during the snowstorm?
5. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)