|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when Ola and Store-Hans come to tell their father that the seeds have sprouted?
2. Why does Hans Olsa ultimately decide to return home during the night in the snowstorm in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Sorine will worry if he doesn't return home.
(b) Sorine is making a special meal.
(c) He'd rather lose his life outside than with his cattle.
(d) His bed is more comfortable than the hay.
3. Who protests Peder Seier being baptized by the minister?
(a) Hans Olsa.
(d) Per Hansa.
4. How does Per Hansa react to Beret's preaching?
(a) He does not take it seriously.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He is very proud of her.
(d) He hangs on her every word.
5. Tonseten says that the settlers should take names that reflect what?
(a) Their new settlement.
(b) Their Norwegian heritage.
(c) Their occupations.
(d) Their personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
2. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
3. Who asks Tonseten to marry a couple for which he still feels guilt over marrying?
4. Whose house does the minister arrive at first?
5. What strange dream does Beret have before it actually happens?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)