|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
(b) Egg shells.
(c) Bird droppings.
2. What does Beret call the blizzards?
3. Where does Hans Olsa decide to spend the night so that he doesn't get lost in the snowstorm in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Down by Spring Creek.
(b) At Per Hansa's house.
(c) With Tonseten.
(d) In the shed with the cattle.
4. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(b) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
(c) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
(d) She tries to burn the sod house down.
5. Who comes to ask Per Hansa if he will make the trip to find the minister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
2. What does Beret prepare for her husband before he sets off on his journey?
3. Why does Per Hansa check the ground before he plants?
4. Who protests Peder Seier being baptized by the minister?
5. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)