|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Per Hansa tells Torkel Tallaksen to invest his money in?
(c) Fish nets.
2. A couple arrives at Spring Creek and the woman is tied up in the wagon. What has happened to them?
(a) Their youngest child has died.
(b) The woman is a thief being transported to jail.
(c) The man has kidnapped the woman.
(d) The woman has tried to kill the man.
3. Who does the minister want to baptize?
(a) Beret Hansa.
(b) The Indians.
(d) The children.
4. Why do the men think the Solum boys should teach school?
(a) Because they are good at math.
(b) Because they have the best house.
(c) Because they can't farm.
(d) Because they can speak English.
5. Whose house does Per Hansa come upon after he is lost in the blizzard with his oxen?
(a) The Vossing family.
(b) The Baarstad family.
(c) The Hallings family.
(d) Tonseten's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
2. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
3. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
4. Whom is the minister's communion Sunday service sermon about?
5. How long do the locusts plague the settlers?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)