|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
(a) Hans Peder.
(b) Kristian Seier.
(c) Hans Per.
(d) Peder Seier.
2. What does Per Hansa's newborn baby's middle name mean?
3. What does Hans Olsa offer to Per Hansa after the minister leaves?
(a) To take him to town for more supplies.
(b) To take Peder Seier to live with them.
(c) To be the full-time minister.
(d) To have Sorine stay with Beret.
4. What day is it when Ola and Store-Hans come to tell their father that the seeds have sprouted?
5. What does Hans Olsa find when he arrives on his third quarter during the snowstorm?
(a) The cows have run away.
(b) The animal shed has been blown apart by the wind.
(c) The animal shed has burnt down.
(d) There are people camping on his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
2. What is Per Hansa clutching in his hands when they find his body?
3. Which of the following best describes Beret in the final chapter?
4. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
5. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)