|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. What are the clouds becoming to Beret as she stares into them?
(a) A scene of her homeland.
(b) Cotton balls.
(c) The face of a monster.
(d) A pony.
3. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
(a) If he can be baptized.
(b) If Beret has killed Permand.
(c) If he can go shoot some ducks.
(d) If the minister is real.
4. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Sioux Falls.
(c) Sioux River.
(d) Filmore County.
5. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
(a) Bear hunting.
(b) Duck hunting.
(c) Wood cutting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sorine do when Hans Olsa returns home during the snowstorm?
2. What does Beret insist that Hans Olsa do before he dies?
3. What happens two days after Per Hansa plants his wheat crop?
4. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
5. Where does Henry Solum conduct his school?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)