|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the clouds becoming to Beret as she stares into them?
(a) Cotton balls.
(b) The face of a monster.
(c) A pony.
(d) A scene of her homeland.
2. Which of the following best describes Beret in the final chapter?
(a) Intensely pious.
(b) Near death.
(c) Totally insane.
(d) Moderately crazy.
3. Who comes to compliment Per Hansa on his wise decision to plant early?
(a) Henry Solum.
(b) Hans Olsa.
(c) Torkel Tallaksen.
4. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Sioux River.
(c) Sioux Falls.
(d) Filmore County.
5. In which direction is Per looking when he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
2. What does Beret prepare for her husband before he sets off on his journey?
3. What is another name for Peder Seier?
4. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
5. What strange dream does Beret have before it actually happens?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)