|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the minister arrive to the settlement?
2. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(b) She tries to burn the sod house down.
(c) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
(d) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
3. What does the final chapter of the book open with?
(a) A discussion of Beret's illness.
(b) An argument between Kjersti and Tonseten.
(c) A hunting scene involving Per Hansa.
(d) A discussion of life faced by the pioneers.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Per Hansa tells Torkel Tallaksen to invest his money in?
(b) Fish nets.
5. What has Per Hansa had to do because of the growth of his farm?
(a) Have more children.
(b) Sell his land.
(c) Hire extra hands.
(d) Build more houses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who protests Peder Seier being baptized by the minister?
2. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
3. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
4. What does the minister say his communion Sunday sermon teaches?
5. Where are the settlers when the question of changing their names comes up?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)