|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to burn the sod house down.
(b) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(c) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
(d) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
2. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
(a) Peder Seier.
(b) Kristian Seier.
(c) Hans Peder.
(d) Hans Per.
3. What does Beret insist that Hans Olsa do before he dies?
(a) Kiss his wife.
(b) Tell them his last wishes.
(c) See the flowers of Spring.
(d) Seek forgiveness for his sins.
4. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(b) Hans Johan and Jennie.
(c) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(d) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
5. Tonseten says that the settlers should take names that reflect what?
(a) Their new settlement.
(b) Their occupations.
(c) Their personalities.
(d) Their Norwegian heritage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which direction is Per looking when he dies?
2. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
3. What does Per Hansa find when he goes to check on Beret after harvesting the wheat?
4. In what years does the winter snow fall from mid-October to mid-April?
5. Where are the settlers when the question of changing their names comes up?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)