|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret believe will become of herself and her baby?
(a) They will be sent back East.
(b) They will die in labor.
(c) Per Hansa will abandon them.
(d) They will become very close.
2. Why does Per Hansa check the ground before he plants?
(a) To see if he has already planted seeds there.
(b) To see how dry the soil is.
(c) To see if there are any rocks or stones in the ground.
(d) To see how many worms are in the soil.
3. Who calls Per Hansa a fool for planting too early?
(b) Hans Olsa.
4. What type of meat do the Hansas share with their neighbors?
5. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(b) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
(c) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(d) Hans Johan and Jennie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa consider doing while Beret is in labor?
2. What does the final chapter of the book open with?
3. Who teaches Per Hansa how to fish?
4. What does Beret insist that Hans Olsa do before he dies?
5. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)