|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Beret in the final chapter?
(a) Intensely pious.
(b) Totally insane.
(c) Near death.
(d) Moderately crazy.
2. Who teaches Per Hansa how to fish?
(a) The Tronders.
(b) The Hallings.
(c) Hans Olsa.
3. What does Hans Olsa offer to Per Hansa after the minister leaves?
(a) To take him to town for more supplies.
(b) To have Sorine stay with Beret.
(c) To be the full-time minister.
(d) To take Peder Seier to live with them.
4. What does Per Hansa find when he goes to check on Beret after harvesting the wheat?
(a) She has run away with the children.
(b) She has made a large supper.
(c) She has barricaded the door.
(d) She has burned the house down.
5. What does Beret say living in a sod house does?
(a) Keeps the family warm at night.
(b) Turns people into animals.
(c) Helps save money for the future.
(d) Ruins the family's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian settlement where Per Hansa travels to buy furs?
2. When Per Hansa gets lost in the blizzard, what does he begin to have hallucinations of?
3. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
4. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
5. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)