|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) The James River settlement.
(c) The Spring Creek settlement.
2. When Per Hansa gets lost in the blizzard, what does he begin to have hallucinations of?
(a) The Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Beret and his children.
(c) The Rocky Mountains.
3. Why do the women suggest that Per Hansa quickly christen his new child after birth?
(a) They need to tell Beret his name.
(b) The baby is not breathing.
(c) The baby is so frail he might not survive.
(d) They need to make a birth certificate.
4. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
5. Who does the minister want to baptize?
(a) Beret Hansa.
(b) The children.
(c) The Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beret insist that Hans Olsa do before he dies?
2. What does Beret prepare for her husband before he sets off on his journey?
3. Which of the following best describes Beret in the final chapter?
4. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
5. How much money does Per make buying and selling furs the first year?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)