|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men think the Solum boys should teach school?
(a) Because they have the best house.
(b) Because they can speak English.
(c) Because they are good at math.
(d) Because they can't farm.
2. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A sleigh.
3. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A large barn.
(b) A wooden house.
(c) A church.
(d) Spring Creek's first store.
4. What does Beret call the blizzards?
5. What strange dream does Beret have before it actually happens?
(a) The arrival of the locusts.
(b) Her mother's death.
(c) Her own death.
(d) Per Hansa's injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Per Hansa clutching in his hands when they find his body?
2. What does Per Hansa consider doing while Beret is in labor?
3. What does the minister ask of the people of the house when he first arrives?
4. Whose house does the minister arrive at first?
5. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)