|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beret tell Per Hansa that it does no good to cry?
(a) There is no one in the place to hear him.
(b) Crying doesn't accomplish anything.
(c) It will make everyone else upset too.
(d) It will set a bad example for the children.
2. Who asks Tonseten to marry a couple for which he still feels guilt over marrying?
(a) Torkel Tallaksen.
(b) Rolf Hansen.
(c) Per Hansa.
(d) Halvor Hagg.
3. How much money does Per make buying and selling furs the first year?
(a) 210 dollars.
(b) 85 dollars.
(c) 140 dollars.
(d) 50 dollars.
4. In which direction is Per looking when he dies?
5. Where do they find Store-Hans after the minister's first service?
(a) Inside the barn.
(b) At the swamp where the ducks live.
(c) At Hans Olsa's.
(d) The Indian grave mound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
2. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
3. What day does Beret go into labor?
4. What day is it when Ola and Store-Hans come to tell their father that the seeds have sprouted?
5. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)