|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their trip to gather more wood, what do the men do to avoid losing each other in the storm?
(a) Shout out to each other to stay close.
(b) Hunker down and camp for the night.
(c) Try to tie themselves together.
(d) All get into one wagon.
2. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
(a) His labor.
(b) His wagon.
(c) His books.
(d) His cow.
3. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A large barn.
(b) A church.
(c) Spring Creek's first store.
(d) A wooden house.
4. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(b) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
(c) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(d) Hans Johan and Jennie.
5. What does Beret prepare for her husband before he sets off on his journey?
(b) Hot coffee.
(d) Beef jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hans Olsa find when he arrives on his third quarter during the snowstorm?
2. What is the name of the Indian settlement where Per Hansa travels to buy furs?
3. Who teaches Per Hansa how to fish?
4. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
5. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)