|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(b) She tries to burn the sod house down.
(c) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
(d) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
2. During their trip to gather more wood, what do the men do to avoid losing each other in the storm?
(a) Try to tie themselves together.
(b) All get into one wagon.
(c) Shout out to each other to stay close.
(d) Hunker down and camp for the night.
3. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
(a) Henry Solum.
(b) Hans Olsa.
(c) Torkel Tallaksen.
4. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
5. What is Per Hansa clutching in his hands when they find his body?
(c) Beef jerky.
(d) Pictures of his kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
2. What does Hans Olsa suggest Peder become when he grows up?
3. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
4. What day is it when Ola and Store-Hans come to tell their father that the seeds have sprouted?
5. What does the final chapter of the book open with?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)