|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the minister think about Peder Seier's name?
(a) It is a blasphemous name.
(b) It is a silly name.
(c) It is a bad name.
(d) It is a glorious name.
2. Who comes to compliment Per Hansa on his wise decision to plant early?
(b) Hans Olsa.
(c) Henry Solum.
(d) Torkel Tallaksen.
3. What are the clouds becoming to Beret as she stares into them?
(a) A pony.
(b) Cotton balls.
(c) The face of a monster.
(d) A scene of her homeland.
4. What does Hans Olsa suggest Peder become when he grows up?
5. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(c) Filmore County.
(d) Sioux River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Solum conduct his school?
2. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
3. When does the snow first fall on the settlement at Spring Creek?
4. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
5. Who does the minister want to baptize?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)