|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret call the blizzards?
2. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) Spring Creek's first store.
(b) A church.
(c) A wooden house.
(d) A large barn.
3. In what years does the winter snow fall from mid-October to mid-April?
4. What rains down from the strange storm clouds as the men harvest the wheat in Book 2, Chapter 2?
5. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five cents.
(d) Twenty cents.
6. Per Hansa thinks that his wife is too _______ for a pregnant woman.
7. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
(a) A cupboard.
(b) A bed.
(c) A chest.
(d) A wagon.
8. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
9. What does the woman who was tied up when she came to Spring Creek try to do in the middle of the night?
(a) She tries to steal Per Hansa's gun.
(b) She tries to steal And-Ongen.
(c) She runs away with Hans Olsa.
(d) She tries to burn the sod house down.
10. What are the clouds becoming to Beret as she stares into them?
(a) A scene of her homeland.
(b) The face of a monster.
(c) A pony.
(d) Cotton balls.
11. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
(a) Hans Per.
(b) Hans Peder.
(c) Kristian Seier.
(d) Peder Seier.
12. Where does Henry Solum conduct his school?
(a) From Per Hansa's house always.
(b) From his brother Sam's house.
(c) The location rotates among the houses.
(d) Henry Solum does not teach school.
13. What does Per Hansa consider doing while Beret is in labor?
(a) Feeding the cows.
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Helping with the birth.
(d) Hanging himself.
14. What day does Beret go into labor?
(c) New Year's.
(d) Christmas Eve.
15. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A sleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
2. What does the minister say his communion Sunday sermon teaches?
3. What does Per Hansa do after he returns home from the Hallings?
4. A couple arrives at Spring Creek and the woman is tied up in the wagon. What has happened to them?
5. Who teaches Per Hansa how to fish?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)