|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Per Hansa think his wife's strange behavior is caused by?
(a) Her gender.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(d) Food poisoning.
3. What is Per Hansa clutching in his hands when they find his body?
(b) Pictures of his kids.
(c) Beef jerky.
4. Where does Henry Solum conduct his school?
(a) From Per Hansa's house always.
(b) The location rotates among the houses.
(c) From his brother Sam's house.
(d) Henry Solum does not teach school.
5. How much can Per Hansa buy furs for at the Indian settlement that sells them?
(a) Twenty cents.
(b) Ten cents.
(c) Five cents.
(d) One dollar.
6. What is the name of the Indian settlement where Per Hansa travels to buy furs?
7. How long do the locusts plague the settlers?
(a) Six years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) One year.
8. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
(a) Wood cutting.
(c) Bear hunting.
(d) Duck hunting.
9. Where are the settlers when the question of changing their names comes up?
(a) Per Hansa's house.
(c) Tonseten's house.
(d) By Spring Creek.
10. What day does Beret go into labor?
(a) New Year's.
(c) Christmas Eve.
11. Who does Hans Olsa ask Per Hansa to bring to him before he dies?
(b) The doctor.
(d) The minister.
12. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
(a) Mort Hanson and Julie.
(b) Kristian Peterson and Jonie.
(c) Johannes Mostad and Josie.
(d) Hans Johan and Jennie.
13. What does Per Hansa consider doing while Beret is in labor?
(a) Helping with the birth.
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Feeding the cows.
(d) Hanging himself.
14. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A church.
(b) A wooden house.
(c) A large barn.
(d) Spring Creek's first store.
15. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Peder Seier?
2. How does Per Hansa react to Beret's preaching?
3. Who comes to compliment Per Hansa on his wise decision to plant early?
4. Per Hansa thinks that his wife is too _______ for a pregnant woman.
5. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)