|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Per make buying and selling furs the first year?
(a) 85 dollars.
(b) 140 dollars.
(c) 50 dollars.
(d) 210 dollars.
2. How does the minister react when Tonseten tells him about his transgression?
(a) He gives him penance to perform.
(b) He scolds him.
(c) He lashes him.
(d) He laughs.
3. Who protests Peder Seier being baptized by the minister?
(a) Hans Olsa.
(d) Per Hansa.
4. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
(a) If he can be baptized.
(b) If he can go shoot some ducks.
(c) If the minister is real.
(d) If Beret has killed Permand.
5. What does Per Hansa think his wife's strange behavior is caused by?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Her pregnancy.
(c) Her gender.
6. What has Per Hansa had to do because of the growth of his farm?
(a) Sell his land.
(b) Have more children.
(c) Hire extra hands.
(d) Build more houses.
7. Who comes to ask Per Hansa if he will make the trip to find the minister?
8. What does Per Hansa find when he goes to check on Beret after harvesting the wheat?
(a) She has burned the house down.
(b) She has made a large supper.
(c) She has run away with the children.
(d) She has barricaded the door.
9. Who asks Tonseten to marry a couple for which he still feels guilt over marrying?
(a) Rolf Hansen.
(b) Torkel Tallaksen.
(c) Halvor Hagg.
(d) Per Hansa.
10. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
(a) A chest.
(b) A bed.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A cupboard.
11. When does the snow first fall on the settlement at Spring Creek?
(a) Early October.
(b) Late November.
(c) Early January.
(d) Late October.
12. What rains down from the strange storm clouds as the men harvest the wheat in Book 2, Chapter 2?
13. Why does Hans Olsa ride out to his third quarter in the middle of a snowstorm?
(a) To bury his dog.
(b) To look after his cattle.
(c) To visit Per Hansa.
(d) To get some lumber.
14. Why does Per Hansa check the ground before he plants?
(a) To see if he has already planted seeds there.
(b) To see how many worms are in the soil.
(c) To see if there are any rocks or stones in the ground.
(d) To see how dry the soil is.
15. Whose house does the minister arrive at first?
(b) Torkel Tallaksen's.
(c) Hans Olsa's.
(d) Per Hansa's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the minister arrive to the settlement?
2. What does Per Hansa consider doing while Beret is in labor?
3. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
4. During their trip to gather more wood, what do the men do to avoid losing each other in the storm?
5. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)