|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is it when Ola and Store-Hans come to tell their father that the seeds have sprouted?
2. Why does Beret tell Per Hansa that it does no good to cry?
(a) It will set a bad example for the children.
(b) There is no one in the place to hear him.
(c) It will make everyone else upset too.
(d) Crying doesn't accomplish anything.
3. Who protests Peder Seier being baptized by the minister?
(a) Per Hansa.
(b) Hans Olsa.
4. Who comes to compliment Per Hansa on his wise decision to plant early?
(a) Henry Solum.
(c) Torkel Tallaksen.
(d) Hans Olsa.
5. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
(a) A heifer.
(b) A plow.
(c) A new suit.
(d) An oak tree.
6. In what month does the minister arrive to the settlement?
7. What sermon does the minister preach during his first service in the settlement?
(a) The Israelites and the land of Canaan.
(b) The last supper.
(c) Jesus turning the water into wine.
(d) The ascension.
8. When do the men realize they must make a trip for more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
9. Where does Hans Olsa decide to spend the night so that he doesn't get lost in the snowstorm in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Down by Spring Creek.
(b) In the shed with the cattle.
(c) At Per Hansa's house.
(d) With Tonseten.
10. Where does Per Hansa go to sell the furs that he buys at the Indian settlement?
(b) North Dakota.
11. What does Beret say living in a sod house does?
(a) Helps save money for the future.
(b) Ruins the family's clothing.
(c) Turns people into animals.
(d) Keeps the family warm at night.
12. Whose house does the minister arrive at first?
(b) Hans Olsa's.
(c) Per Hansa's.
(d) Torkel Tallaksen's.
13. Where are the settlers when the question of changing their names comes up?
(b) Tonseten's house.
(c) By Spring Creek.
(d) Per Hansa's house.
14. What does Per Hansa's newborn baby's middle name mean?
15. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A wooden house.
(b) A church.
(c) A large barn.
(d) Spring Creek's first store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
2. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
3. Where does the minister perform divine services?
4. Who does the minister want to baptize?
5. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)