|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hans Olsa ask Per Hansa to bring to him before he dies?
(b) The minister.
(d) The doctor.
2. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
3. Who teaches Per Hansa how to fish?
(a) The Tronders.
(b) Hans Olsa.
(c) The Hallings.
4. What has Per Hansa had to do because of the growth of his farm?
(a) Build more houses.
(b) Sell his land.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Hire extra hands.
5. What does the minister ask of the people of the house when he first arrives?
(a) Firewood for his campfire.
(b) Food to take with him on his journey.
(c) Directions to the next settlement.
(d) Lodging for himself and his horse.
6. How much money does Per make buying and selling furs the first year?
(a) 140 dollars.
(b) 85 dollars.
(c) 210 dollars.
(d) 50 dollars.
7. Who calls Per Hansa a fool for planting too early?
(a) Hans Olsa.
8. Which of the following is NOT something that Per Hansa tells Torkel Tallaksen to invest his money in?
(a) Fish nets.
9. What are the clouds becoming to Beret as she stares into them?
(a) A scene of her homeland.
(b) The face of a monster.
(c) A pony.
(d) Cotton balls.
10. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) A church.
(b) Spring Creek's first store.
(c) A large barn.
(d) A wooden house.
11. Per Hansa thinks that his wife is too _______ for a pregnant woman.
12. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(b) Filmore County.
(c) Sioux River.
(d) Sioux Falls.
13. Where is Per Hansa headed to look for the minister?
(b) The James River settlement.
(c) The Spring Creek settlement.
(d) Sioux Falls.
14. Who comes to compliment Per Hansa on his wise decision to plant early?
(a) Torkel Tallaksen.
(b) Henry Solum.
(d) Hans Olsa.
15. What is another name for Peder Seier?
(d) Hans Per.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beret call the blizzards?
2. What does Hans Olsa suggest Peder become when he grows up?
3. What does Per Hansa find when he goes to check on Beret after harvesting the wheat?
4. What is Per Hansa clutching in his hands when they find his body?
5. Who becomes frustrated at Per Hansa's refusal to harvest the wheat when others tell him it is time?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)