|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the minister perform divine services?
(a) Tonseten's house.
(b) Per Hansa's house.
(c) Hans Olsa's house.
(d) The community center.
2. Where does Per Hansa go to sell the furs that he buys at the Indian settlement?
(a) North Dakota.
3. What does Torkel Tallaksen want to build?
(a) Spring Creek's first store.
(b) A large barn.
(c) A church.
(d) A wooden house.
4. What does Beret prepare for her husband before he sets off on his journey?
(c) Hot coffee.
(d) Beef jerky.
5. What name does Per Hansa refuse to let Beret be known by?
6. Who is Torkel Tallaksen?
(a) A cousin of Tonseten's.
(b) An Irish farmer with a large family.
(c) A Swedish man selling seed.
(d) A Norwegian newcomer with money.
7. What activity do Per Hansa and his boys engage in for three days to prepare for winter?
(a) Wood cutting.
(c) Bear hunting.
(d) Duck hunting.
8. What does Per Hansa find when he goes to check on Beret after harvesting the wheat?
(a) She has barricaded the door.
(b) She has burned the house down.
(c) She has run away with the children.
(d) She has made a large supper.
9. Who does Hans Olsa ask Per Hansa to bring to him before he dies?
(c) The minister.
(d) The doctor.
10. Who does the minister want to baptize?
(a) The children.
(b) Beret Hansa.
(d) The Indians.
11. What does Hans Olsa offer to Per Hansa after the minister leaves?
(a) To have Sorine stay with Beret.
(b) To be the full-time minister.
(c) To take him to town for more supplies.
(d) To take Peder Seier to live with them.
12. What does Beret call the blizzards?
13. Per Hansa thinks that his wife is too _______ for a pregnant woman.
14. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
(a) Bird droppings.
(b) Egg shells.
15. Who worries about the strain of divine services on Beret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian settlement where Per Hansa travels to buy furs?
2. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
3. What is another name for Peder Seier?
4. What does Store-Hans ask Per after the minister's first service?
5. What are the names of the couple that Tonseten married?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)