|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret attack her boys with?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A belt.
(c) A switch.
(d) Her hand.
2. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
3. Who in Per Hansa's family believes the family should travel back east for the winter?
(c) Per Hansa.
4. What chore does Per Hansa give to Ole while he is away at town?
(a) Hunt ducks.
(b) Barter for lumber.
(c) Chop wood.
(d) Mow the lawn.
5. What does Beret make for breakfast using the flour before Per goes to see the Hallings?
6. What is the name on the stake that Per Hansa finds in the ground at Hans Olsa's southwest corner?
(b) Joe Gill.
(c) John Wright.
(d) H. Olsen.
7. What is it that the settlers are particularly afraid of?
(c) Losing their children.
(d) Indian encounters.
8. What is the name on the stake that Per Hansa finds in the ground at Tonseten's southwest corner?
9. What is the name of Tonseten's wife?
10. What is the name of Hans Olsa's daughter?
11. What animal does Tonseten actually manage to hunt and kill using his crowbar?
(a) A badger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A duck.
12. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(b) Dakota Territory.
(d) Utah Territory.
13. Where are the four men, the first small caravan to visit the settlement, from?
(b) West Virginia.
14. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) Cooking supplies.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A horse.
(d) A mutton leg.
15. Who is most upset that Rosie is missing?
(a) Per Hansa.
(c) Hans Olsa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
2. Where does Per Hansa tell Hans Olsa he will go to look for the cows?
3. What is the name of the Hansa's cow?
4. What does the place where the ducks live remind Per Hansa of?
5. What is Per Hansa's purpose for buying the twine and knitting a net?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)