|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kjersti's cow?
2. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
3. What is Tonseten's first name?
4. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
5. What is it that the settlers are particularly afraid of?
(a) Losing their children.
(b) Indian encounters.
6. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
(a) He thinks it won't stand up to the wind.
(b) He thinks it is too big.
(c) He thinks it is too small.
(d) He thinks the walls are crooked.
7. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(c) Sweet Caroline.
(d) Old Faithful.
8. What chore does Per Hansa give to Ole while he is away at town?
(a) Hunt ducks.
(b) Chop wood.
(c) Barter for lumber.
(d) Mow the lawn.
9. What animal does Tonseten actually manage to hunt and kill using his crowbar?
(a) A badger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A duck.
(d) A deer.
10. ***Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Per Hansa barters for on his visit to town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(c) A cow.
11. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A child's toy.
(b) A plow.
(c) The cow.
(d) Her own shoe.
12. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
(a) June 21, 1892.
(b) June 6, 1873.
(c) January 26, 1903.
(d) July 4, 1776.
13. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(b) Hans Olsa.
14. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
15. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
(a) Spring Creek.
(b) Sioux Falls.
(c) Filmore County.
(d) The Sioux River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a type of seed that Beret brought to plant in addition to the main crop?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the physical appearance of Per Hansa?
3. Who helps Per Hansa clean the sick Indian's injury?
4. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
5. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)