Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys tell Per Hansa that the red welts on their bodies came from?
(a) They got into poison ivy.
(b) Beret struck them.
(c) They fell off the roof.
(d) They were fighting.
2. Which of the following do the men bring back from their trip to town for Per Hansa?
(a) A plow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mowing machine.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
3. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. Where do the settlers have to go to make their claim to the land official?
(a) Silver City.
(b) Sioux Falls.
(c) Des Moines.
(d) Hillside Colony.
5. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
(a) Helpful hands.
(b) Big Hans.
(c) Little hands.
(d) Little Hans.
6. Where does Per Hansa plan on getting wood for the roof of his house?
(a) The Black Hills Forest.
(c) The Sioux River.
(d) Spring Creek.
7. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) The Sioux River.
(c) Filmore County.
(d) Spring Creek.
8. Who gets into a physical fight with one of the men from the large caravan?
(a) Sam Solum.
(b) Per Hansa.
(c) Hans Olsa.
(d) Henry Solum.
9. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
10. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
11. Who is the only person in the settlement who seems upset about what Per Hansa did with the stakes?
(a) Hans Olsa.
12. Why does Per Hans walk so far ahead of the caravan?
(a) He doesn't like his family.
(b) He is lost and doesn't want to tell his wife.
(c) He has to flatten the grass so the caravan can pass.
(d) He has a lot of energy to burn off.
13. What animal does Tonseten say he manages to hunt and kill using his crowbar?
(a) A duck.
(b) A bear.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A deer.
14. Who is the first to notice that the cows have gone missing after the men arrive home from town?
(c) Per Hansa.
(d) Sam Solum.
15. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A child's toy.
(b) Her own shoe.
(c) A plow.
(d) The cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
2. What is the name of Tonseten's wife?
3. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
4. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
5. What is Tonseten's first name?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)