|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
(a) Little hands.
(b) Big Hans.
(c) Helpful hands.
(d) Little Hans.
2. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
(a) Fleeing from persecution.
(b) Going to town for supplies.
(c) Going to visit their cousins.
(d) Moving to a new place.
3. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
(a) He thinks it is too big.
(b) He thinks it won't stand up to the wind.
(c) He thinks it is too small.
(d) He thinks the walls are crooked.
4. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(b) Hans Olsa.
5. Who is the author of Giants of the Earth?
(a) R. E. Olefsön.
(b) R. O. Elvög.
(c) E. O. Hansa.
(d) O. E. Rölvaag.
6. What is Per Hansa's purpose for buying the twine and knitting a net?
(a) To hold their clothing.
(b) To catch rainwater.
(c) To catch ducks.
(d) To keep the mosquitoes out.
7. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
8. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
9. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
10. Who gets into a physical fight with one of the men from the large caravan?
(a) Per Hansa.
(b) Hans Olsa.
(c) Henry Solum.
(d) Sam Solum.
11. Who finds the ducks on the prairie?
(a) Per Hansa and Hans Olsa.
(b) And-Ongen and Store-Hans.
(c) Store-Hans and Ola.
(d) Beret and Kjersti.
12. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
13. Why do the members of the large caravan, who had decided to settle close to Spring Creek, come to Per Hansa's farm?
(a) To sell some whiskey.
(b) To buy potatoes.
(c) To demand he leave the settlement.
(d) To borrow farming equipment.
14. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
15. How many wagons does the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek consist of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the place where the ducks live remind Per Hansa of?
2. What chore does Per Hansa give to Ole while he is away at town?
3. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
4. What is the name of the Hansa's cow?
5. What town does Per Hansa travel to in Book 1, Chapter 5 to get supplies?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)