|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what nationality is the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek?
2. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
(a) Helpful hands.
(b) Big Hans.
(c) Little hands.
(d) Little Hans.
3. Who helps Per Hansa clean the sick Indian's injury?
4. What chore does Per Hansa give to Ole while he is away at town?
(a) Hunt ducks.
(b) Chop wood.
(c) Barter for lumber.
(d) Mow the lawn.
5. What is it that the settlers are particularly afraid of?
(b) Indian encounters.
(d) Losing their children.
6. What does Beret attack her boys with?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A belt.
(c) Her hand.
(d) A switch.
7. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
(a) June 6, 1873.
(b) June 21, 1892.
(c) July 4, 1776.
(d) January 26, 1903.
8. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
(a) Going to town for supplies.
(b) Fleeing from persecution.
(c) Moving to a new place.
(d) Going to visit their cousins.
9. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
10. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
11. How old is Hans Olsa's daughter?
12. Where do the boys tell Per Hansa that the red welts on their bodies came from?
(a) They fell off the roof.
(b) They were fighting.
(c) They got into poison ivy.
(d) Beret struck them.
13. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
14. Who says, "The guilty will receive their punishment in the end"?
(c) Sam Solum.
(d) Per Hansa.
15. What type of injury does the sick Indian have?
(a) A head wound.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A torn muscle.
(d) A hand wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
2. How many wagons are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
3. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
4. Who tells Beret about the argument between the settlers of Spring Creek and the men of the large caravan?
5. What is the name of Hans Olsa's daughter?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)