|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
2. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A child's toy.
(b) Her own shoe.
(c) A plow.
(d) The cow.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(c) Hans Kristian.
4. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) Cooking supplies.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A horse.
(d) A mutton leg.
5. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
6. What kind of trees does Per Hansa bring back to plant around the house?
7. What town does Per Hansa travel to in Book 1, Chapter 5 to get supplies?
(b) Sioux Falls.
8. Who is the author of Giants of the Earth?
(a) R. O. Elvög.
(b) E. O. Hansa.
(c) R. E. Olefsön.
(d) O. E. Rölvaag.
9. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
(a) A fox.
(b) A garden.
(c) A gun.
(d) A grave.
10. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
11. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
(a) Moving to a new place.
(b) Fleeing from persecution.
(c) Going to town for supplies.
(d) Going to visit their cousins.
12. Who helps Per Hansa clean the sick Indian's injury?
13. What animal does Tonseten actually manage to hunt and kill using his crowbar?
(a) A badger.
(b) A deer.
(c) A duck.
(d) A bear.
14. Who finds the ducks on the prairie?
(a) Per Hansa and Hans Olsa.
(b) Beret and Kjersti.
(c) And-Ongen and Store-Hans.
(d) Store-Hans and Ola.
15. What task does Per Hansa give to Ola when he returns from town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(a) To feed the horse.
(b) To knit the net.
(c) To chop wood.
(d) To hunt for bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
2. Who is the only person in the settlement who seems upset about what Per Hansa did with the stakes?
3. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
4. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
5. Where is the Hansa family headed?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)