|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(a) Dakota Territory.
(d) Utah Territory.
2. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The cow.
(b) A plow.
(c) A child's toy.
(d) Her own shoe.
3. Who says, "The guilty will receive their punishment in the end"?
(b) Sam Solum.
(c) Per Hansa.
4. Where does Beret Hansa remember the family landed when they crossed the ocean from Norway?
(a) New York.
5. What does the place where the ducks live remind Per Hansa of?
(a) The swamps of New York.
(b) The lakes of Norway.
(c) The ponds in Filmore County.
(d) The bird cliffs in Finmarken.
6. Where do the settlers wait for Per Hansa to return from searching for the cows?
(a) At Henry Solum's house.
(b) At Beret's house.
(c) At Hans Olsa's house.
(d) By the creek.
7. What type of injury does the sick Indian have?
(a) A head wound.
(b) A hand wound.
(c) A torn muscle.
(d) A broken leg.
8. Who is most upset that Rosie is missing?
(a) Hans Olsa.
(c) Per Hansa.
9. What is Tonseten's first name?
10. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
11. How many wagons does the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek consist of?
12. What does Beret attack her boys with?
(a) Her hand.
(b) A belt.
(c) A switch.
(d) A spoon.
13. What does Per Hansa offer to Beret when he comes home in Book 1, Chapter 5?
14. What is Hans Olsa doing at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Building a sod house.
(c) Plowing his fields.
(d) Talking to a friend.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(d) Hans Kristian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Per Hansa's purpose for buying the twine and knitting a net?
2. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
3. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
4. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
5. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)