|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the four men, the first small caravan to visit the settlement, from?
(d) West Virginia.
2. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A mutton leg.
(c) A horse.
(d) Cooking supplies.
3. Of what nationality is the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek?
4. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
(a) Hans Olsa and Tonseten.
(b) Tonseten and Harry Solum.
(c) Hans Olsa and Harry Solum.
(d) Sam Solum and Per Hansa.
5. What is the name of Hans Olsa's daughter?
6. Which of the following does NOT describe the physical appearance of Per Hansa?
(d) Brown hair.
7. Who is Per Hansa?
(a) A shopkeeper who helps the family with supplies.
(b) The main female character of the book.
(c) The main male character of the book.
(d) The main family's oldest child.
8. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
(a) Hans Olsa.
(b) Sam Solum.
9. Where do the boys tell Per Hansa that the red welts on their bodies came from?
(a) They were fighting.
(b) They fell off the roof.
(c) They got into poison ivy.
(d) Beret struck them.
10. Who, in Book 1, Chapter 4, says, "We need a preacher, I hear...Well, now we've got one!"?
(a) Henry Solum.
(c) Per Hansa.
11. What is Tonseten's first name?
12. Who says, "The guilty will receive their punishment in the end"?
(a) Per Hansa.
(d) Sam Solum.
13. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(b) Old Faithful.
(c) Sweet Caroline.
(d) Old Maria.
14. Why do the men have to take a trip to town in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To buy more seeds.
(b) To get people to join the settlement.
(c) To replenish the food supply.
(d) To gather wood.
15. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Per Hansa clean the sick Indian's injury?
2. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
3. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
4. What is the name of Kjersti's cow?
5. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)