|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
(c) Sam Solum.
(d) Hans Olsa.
2. Where does Beret Hansa remember the family landed when they crossed the ocean from Norway?
(d) New York.
3. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
4. Who in Per Hansa's family believes the family should travel back east for the winter?
(d) Per Hansa.
5. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
6. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
7. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
(a) Sam Solum and Per Hansa.
(b) Hans Olsa and Tonseten.
(c) Tonseten and Harry Solum.
(d) Hans Olsa and Harry Solum.
8. What is the name on the stake that Per Hansa finds in the ground at Tonseten's southwest corner?
9. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
(a) Little Hans.
(b) Big Hans.
(c) Helpful hands.
(d) Little hands.
10. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
(a) He thinks it won't stand up to the wind.
(b) He thinks it is too small.
(c) He thinks the walls are crooked.
(d) He thinks it is too big.
11. Where do the settlers wait for Per Hansa to return from searching for the cows?
(a) At Beret's house.
(b) By the creek.
(c) At Henry Solum's house.
(d) At Hans Olsa's house.
12. What is the first crop that Per Hansa wants to plant on his land?
13. Who is Per Hansa?
(a) A shopkeeper who helps the family with supplies.
(b) The main family's oldest child.
(c) The main female character of the book.
(d) The main male character of the book.
14. What is the name of the Hansa's cow?
15. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
(a) A garden.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fox.
(d) A grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Tonseten's wife?
2. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
3. Where is the Hansa family headed?
4. Why does Per Hans walk so far ahead of the caravan?
5. Who is the only person in the settlement who seems upset about what Per Hansa did with the stakes?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)