|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is most upset that Rosie is missing?
(c) Per Hansa.
(d) Hans Olsa.
2. What is the name of Kjersti's cow?
3. What town does Per Hansa travel to in Book 1, Chapter 5 to get supplies?
(b) Sioux Falls.
4. What is it that the settlers are particularly afraid of?
(a) Indian encounters.
(c) Losing their children.
5. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
(a) Little hands.
(b) Big Hans.
(c) Helpful hands.
(d) Little Hans.
6. How do the settlers celebrate the safe return of the men from town?
(a) Exchange gifts.
(b) Have a big dinner.
(d) Drink liquor.
7. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
(a) January 26, 1903.
(b) June 21, 1892.
(c) June 6, 1873.
(d) July 4, 1776.
8. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(a) Utah Territory.
(b) Dakota Territory.
9. How many wagons does the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek consist of?
10. Which of the following is NOT a type of seed that Beret brought to plant in addition to the main crop?
11. Which of the following do the men bring back from their trip to town for Per Hansa?
(a) A horse.
(b) A mowing machine.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A plow.
12. Why do the men have to take a trip to town in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To buy more seeds.
(b) To gather wood.
(c) To get people to join the settlement.
(d) To replenish the food supply.
13. What does Per Hansa offer to Beret when he comes home in Book 1, Chapter 5?
14. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
(a) The Sioux River.
(b) Sioux Falls.
(c) Spring Creek.
(d) Filmore County.
15. What kind of trees does Per Hansa bring back to plant around the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The guilty will receive their punishment in the end"?
2. What task does Per Hansa give to Ola when he returns from town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
3. Where does Per Hansa plan on getting wood for the roof of his house?
4. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
5. What illness does Tonseten suffer from?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)