|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Per Hansa plan on getting wood for the roof of his house?
(b) The Sioux River.
(c) Spring Creek.
(d) The Black Hills Forest.
2. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(d) Hans Olsa.
3. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(c) Dakota Territory.
(d) Utah Territory.
4. How many children are in the Hansa family?
5. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
6. Who finds the ducks on the prairie?
(a) Beret and Kjersti.
(b) And-Ongen and Store-Hans.
(c) Store-Hans and Ola.
(d) Per Hansa and Hans Olsa.
7. What is Tonseten's first name?
8. What task does Per Hansa give to Ola when he returns from town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(a) To hunt for bears.
(b) To chop wood.
(c) To knit the net.
(d) To feed the horse.
9. Why does Per Hansa leave the camp in the middle of the night in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) To get help for his sick child.
(b) To search for food.
(c) To escape from the family.
(d) To try to figure out where they are.
10. Which of the following does NOT describe Tonseten?
(a) Rosy cheeks.
(b) Red beard.
11. What town does Per Hansa travel to in Book 1, Chapter 5 to get supplies?
(a) Sioux Falls.
12. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) A mutton leg.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) Cooking supplies.
(d) A horse.
13. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A plow.
(b) A child's toy.
(c) The cow.
(d) Her own shoe.
14. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
(a) A pony.
(b) A sack of flour.
(c) A cowhide.
(d) A tobacco pipe.
15. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa bring back to camp in Book 1, Chapter 1 to appease his wife?
2. How many wagons does the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek consist of?
3. What chore does Per Hansa give to Ole while he is away at town?
4. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
5. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)