|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beret make for breakfast using the flour before Per goes to see the Hallings?
2. What animal does Tonseten say he manages to hunt and kill using his crowbar?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A bear.
(c) A deer.
(d) A duck.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Tonseten?
(c) Rosy cheeks.
(d) Red beard.
4. Why do the men have to take a trip to town in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To replenish the food supply.
(b) To buy more seeds.
(c) To gather wood.
(d) To get people to join the settlement.
5. What is the name of Hans Olsa's daughter?
6. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
7. What is the first crop that Per Hansa wants to plant on his land?
8. How many wagons are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
9. What task does Per Hansa give to Ola when he returns from town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(a) To feed the horse.
(b) To chop wood.
(c) To hunt for bears.
(d) To knit the net.
10. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
11. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cowhide.
(c) A tobacco pipe.
(d) A sack of flour.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(c) Hans Kristian.
13. Who gives the new Norwegian settlers a tour of Spring Creek?
14. Who is the first to notice that the cows have gone missing after the men arrive home from town?
(b) Sam Solum.
(d) Per Hansa.
15. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
(a) Sam Solum and Per Hansa.
(b) Hans Olsa and Tonseten.
(c) Tonseten and Harry Solum.
(d) Hans Olsa and Harry Solum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the men who will travel to town in Book 1, Chapter 3?
3. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
4. Why does Per Hans walk so far ahead of the caravan?
5. What does Beret attack her boys with?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)