|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
2. Where do the boys tell Per Hansa that the red welts on their bodies came from?
(a) They got into poison ivy.
(b) Beret struck them.
(c) They were fighting.
(d) They fell off the roof.
3. What does Per Hansa name the pony that is given to him by the Indian chief?
4. Where does Tonseten tell the new Norwegian settlers that they can find wood?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) The Sioux River.
(c) Filmore County.
(d) Spring Creek.
5. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
6. Who finds the ducks on the prairie?
(a) And-Ongen and Store-Hans.
(b) Per Hansa and Hans Olsa.
(c) Store-Hans and Ola.
(d) Beret and Kjersti.
7. What kind of trees does Per Hansa bring back to plant around the house?
8. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
9. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
10. What is the first crop that Per Hansa wants to plant on his land?
11. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
(a) The ugly one.
(b) The duckling.
(c) The kitten.
(d) The mother.
12. What is Hans Olsa doing at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Talking to a friend.
(b) Plowing his fields.
(c) Building a sod house.
13. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
(a) June 6, 1873.
(b) June 21, 1892.
(c) January 26, 1903.
(d) July 4, 1776.
14. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(d) Hans Olsa.
15. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) Cooking supplies.
(b) A mutton leg.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pair of pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
2. Of what nationality is the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek?
3. Who, in Book 1, Chapter 4, says, "We need a preacher, I hear...Well, now we've got one!"?
4. How many wagons does the large caravan that was the second to arrive at Spring Creek consist of?
5. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)