|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the physical appearance of Per Hansa?
(c) Brown hair.
2. What is the name of Kjersti's cow?
3. What is the date on which Per Hansa receives a deed to the property he has claimed?
(a) June 21, 1892.
(b) January 26, 1903.
(c) June 6, 1873.
(d) July 4, 1776.
4. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(b) Hans Olsa.
5. How many men are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
6. What is the name of Hans Olsa's wife?
7. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
8. ***Which of the following is NOT one of the items that Per Hansa barters for on his visit to town in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(c) A cow.
9. Who, in Book 1, Chapter 4, says, "We need a preacher, I hear...Well, now we've got one!"?
(a) Henry Solum.
(c) Per Hansa.
10. What does Per Hansa do after he finds the stakes in the ground?
(a) He leaves them where he finds them.
(b) He immediately tells Hans Olsa about them.
(c) He goes to inquire about them in town.
(d) He removes them and hides them.
11. Where does Beret Hansa remember the family landed when they crossed the ocean from Norway?
(c) New York.
12. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
(a) He thinks it is too big.
(b) He thinks it is too small.
(c) He thinks it won't stand up to the wind.
(d) He thinks the walls are crooked.
13. Who is the interpreter in the conversation between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
(b) Sam Solum.
(c) Per Hansa.
14. What is the name of Tonseten's wife?
15. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(a) Dakota Territory.
(c) Utah Territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
2. What illness does Tonseten suffer from?
3. How many wagons are in the first group of Norwegian settlers that come to Spring Creek?
4. Who says, "The guilty will receive their punishment in the end"?
5. Who tells Beret about the argument between the settlers of Spring Creek and the men of the large caravan?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)