Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Book 1, Chapter 1 Toward the Sunset
1. What is the Hansa family doing as the novel opens? Why?
2. Describe the Hansa family.
3. Describe the Hansa family's caravan.
4. What happens to the rest of the party that the Hansa family was traveling with?
5. What is Beret Hansa's emotional/mental state in Book 1, Chapter 1 of the novel? Why?
6. What does Per Hansa find towards the end of Book 1, Chapter 1? Why is it important and what does...
This section contains 1,359 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)