|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 1 On the Border of Utter Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Per Hansa's purpose for buying the twine and knitting a net?
(a) To hold their clothing.
(b) To keep the mosquitoes out.
(c) To catch ducks.
(d) To catch rainwater.
2. Who in Per Hansa's family believes the family should travel back east for the winter?
(a) Per Hansa.
3. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(b) Sweet Caroline.
(d) Old Faithful.
4. Why does Per Hans walk so far ahead of the caravan?
(a) He doesn't like his family.
(b) He is lost and doesn't want to tell his wife.
(c) He has to flatten the grass so the caravan can pass.
(d) He has a lot of energy to burn off.
5. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
(a) His wagon.
(b) His cow.
(c) His books.
(d) His labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys tell Per Hansa that the red welts on their bodies came from?
2. What does Per Hansa's newborn baby's middle name mean?
3. Of what nationality are the four men of the first small caravan to visit the settlement?
4. What does Beret persuade Per Hansa to build?
5. What does Per Hansa do after he finds the stakes in the ground?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)