|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 1 On the Border of Utter Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(b) Old Faithful.
(c) Sweet Caroline.
2. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late morning.
3. What is the name on the stake that Per Hansa finds in the ground at Tonseten's southwest corner?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the physical appearance of Per Hansa?
(d) Brown hair.
5. What does Per Hansa buy with money from buying and selling furs?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) A plow.
(c) A heifer.
(d) A new suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the members of the large caravan, who had decided to settle close to Spring Creek, come to Per Hansa's farm?
2. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
3. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
4. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
5. What place does Per Hansa hope to find when he leaves the camp in the middle of the night?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)