|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 1 On the Border of Utter Darkness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
(a) The ugly one.
(b) The mother.
(c) The kitten.
(d) The duckling.
2. Where do the settlers have to go to make their claim to the land official?
(a) Sioux Falls.
(b) Silver City.
(c) Des Moines.
(d) Hillside Colony.
3. What do the Solum boys build to help them return East?
(a) A wagon.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A sleigh.
4. What does Per Hansa do after he returns home from the Hallings?
(a) Gets sick.
(b) Feeds the cows.
(c) Plants potatoes.
(d) Whitewashes the walls.
5. Where do the men go to get more wood in Book 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Filmore County.
(b) Sioux River.
(c) Sioux Falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry Solum conduct his school?
2. Where is the Hansa family headed?
3. Who in Per Hansa's family believes the family should travel back east for the winter?
4. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
5. How do the settlers celebrate the safe return of the men from town?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)