|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4 What the Waving Grass Revealed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Per Hansa leave the camp in the middle of the night in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) To search for food.
(b) To try to figure out where they are.
(c) To get help for his sick child.
(d) To escape from the family.
2. Who is most upset that Rosie is missing?
(a) Per Hansa.
(d) Hans Olsa.
3. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(b) Old Faithful.
(d) Sweet Caroline.
4. What kind of trees does Per Hansa bring back to plant around the house?
5. Where does Per Hansa plan on getting wood for the roof of his house?
(b) Spring Creek.
(c) The Sioux River.
(d) The Black Hills Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
2. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
3. Where are the four men, the first small caravan to visit the settlement, from?
4. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
5. Where do the settlers have to go to make their claim to the land official?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)