|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4 What the Waving Grass Revealed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tonseten's wife?
2. What does Beret trip over as she leaves the house after a fight with Per Hansa, at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4?
(a) A child's toy.
(b) Her own shoe.
(c) The cow.
(d) A plow.
3. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Late morning.
4. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(b) Sweet Caroline.
(c) Old Faithful.
5. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
(a) The mother.
(b) The ugly one.
(c) The duckling.
(d) The kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
2. How old is Hans Olsa's daughter?
3. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
4. What does Per Hansa do after he finds the stakes in the ground?
5. Who is the first to notice that the cows have gone missing after the men arrive home from town?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)