|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4 What the Waving Grass Revealed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
(a) A tobacco pipe.
(b) A pony.
(c) A cowhide.
(d) A sack of flour.
2. What is Hans Olsa doing at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Building a sod house.
(b) Talking to a friend.
(c) Plowing his fields.
3. What is the name of the Hansa's cow?
4. Why does Per Hansa leave the camp in the middle of the night in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) To get help for his sick child.
(b) To try to figure out where they are.
(c) To search for food.
(d) To escape from the family.
5. Where are the four men, the first small caravan to visit the settlement, from?
(a) West Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
2. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
3. What is Tonseten's first name?
4. What does the place where the ducks live remind Per Hansa of?
5. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)