|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3 "Rosie! Rosie!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beret Hansa remember the family landed when they crossed the ocean from Norway?
(c) New York.
2. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
(d) Hans Olsa.
3. Where is the Hansa family headed?
(c) Dakota Territory.
(d) Utah Territory.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Tonseten?
(b) Rosy cheeks.
(d) Red beard.
5. Why do the men have to take a trip to town in the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) To gather wood.
(b) To buy more seeds.
(c) To replenish the food supply.
(d) To get people to join the settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the injured Indian give Per Hansa in exchange for helping him?
2. Who is the author of Giants of the Earth?
3. What is Tonseten's problem with Per Hansa's house as he is building it?
4. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
5. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)