|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3 "Rosie! Rosie!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(a) Old Maria.
(b) Old Faithful.
(d) Sweet Caroline.
2. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) Cooking supplies.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mutton leg.
(d) A pair of pants.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(c) Hans Kristian.
4. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
5. Where does Per Hansa plan on getting wood for the roof of his house?
(a) The Black Hills Forest.
(b) Spring Creek.
(c) The Sioux River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
2. Who does Per Hansa take with him to meet the Indians?
3. How do the settlers celebrate the safe return of the men from town?
4. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
5. Why does Per Hansa leave the camp in the middle of the night in Book 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)