|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 2 Home-Founding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the settlers have to go to make their claim to the land official?
(a) Silver City.
(b) Des Moines.
(c) Sioux Falls.
(d) Hillside Colony.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(b) Hans Kristian.
3. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) Cooking supplies.
(b) A mutton leg.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A horse.
4. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
(b) Old Maria.
(c) Sweet Caroline.
(d) Old Faithful.
5. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
(a) The duckling.
(b) The ugly one.
(c) The kitten.
(d) The mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Per Hansa leave the camp in the middle of the night in Book 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Per Hansa find on his plot of land when he first goes to inspect it?
3. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
4. Where does Beret Hansa remember the family landed when they crossed the ocean from Norway?
5. What kind of trees does Per Hansa bring back to plant around the house?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)