|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3 "Rosie! Rosie!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the name And-Ongen mean?
(a) The mother.
(b) The ugly one.
(c) The duckling.
(d) The kitten.
2. Why does Per Hans walk so far ahead of the caravan?
(a) He has a lot of energy to burn off.
(b) He is lost and doesn't want to tell his wife.
(c) He has to flatten the grass so the caravan can pass.
(d) He doesn't like his family.
3. What is Tonseten's first name?
4. How much does the Tronder woman charge Per Hansa for borrowing her bull for a year?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
5. What does Per Hansa bring back to camp in Book 1, Chapter 1 to appease his wife?
(a) A dried mutton leg.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new cow.
(d) A barrel of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food does the Hansa family have to eat every night?
2. What is the name of the Hansa's cow?
3. Who does Per Hansa send down to the creek to look for the missing cows?
4. What does the name Store-Hans mean?
5. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)