|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6 The Heart That Dared Not Let In the Sun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Per Hansa do after he returns home from the Hallings?
(a) Whitewashes the walls.
(b) Plants potatoes.
(c) Gets sick.
(d) Feeds the cows.
2. Which of the following is NOT a type of seed that Beret brought to plant in addition to the main crop?
3. What type of meat do the Hansas share with their neighbors?
4. Why do the men think the Solum boys should teach school?
(a) Because they are good at math.
(b) Because they can't farm.
(c) Because they have the best house.
(d) Because they can speak English.
5. Who is the only person in the settlement who seems upset about what Per Hansa did with the stakes?
(c) Hans Olsa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first crop that Per Hansa wants to plant on his land?
2. What does Per Hansa ask the Indians for?
3. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
4. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
5. What does Henry Solum offer to Per Hansa for the winter?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)