|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6 The Heart That Dared Not Let In the Sun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the four men, the first small caravan to visit the settlement, from?
(d) West Virginia.
2. What is it that the settlers are particularly afraid of?
(a) Losing their children.
(d) Indian encounters.
3. What does Hans Olsa tell Per Hansa he has lost on his journey to their new home?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A horse.
(c) Cooking supplies.
(d) A mutton leg.
4. Who are the spokesmen between the men of the large caravan and the settlers of Spring Creek?
(a) Sam Solum and Per Hansa.
(b) Hans Olsa and Tonseten.
(c) Tonseten and Harry Solum.
(d) Hans Olsa and Harry Solum.
5. What is the name on the stake that Per Hansa finds in the ground at Tonseten's southwest corner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Per Hansa name his new baby?
2. What is the name of the Hansas' rifle?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Per brings back with him in addition to lost cows that had wandered off?
4. What do the neighbors liken the whitewashed walls of his house to?
5. Who gets into a physical fight with one of the men from the large caravan?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)