Book 1, Chapter 1 Toward the Sunset
1. Who is the author of Giants of the Earth?
(a) O. E. Rölvaag.
(b) E. O. Hansa.
(c) R. O. Elvög.
(d) R. E. Olefsön.
2. Who is Per Hansa?
(a) The main male character of the book.
(b) The main female character of the book.
(c) A shopkeeper who helps the family with supplies.
(d) The main family's oldest child.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(d) Hans Kristian.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
(a) Going to town for supplies.
(b) Fleeing from persecution.
(c) Going to visit their cousins.
(d) Moving to a new place.
5. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) Late morning.
(c) Early morning.
(d) Early afternoon.
6. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
7. By what means is the Hansa family traveling?
(b) Covered wagon.
This section contains 4,201 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)