Book 1, Chapter 1 Toward the Sunset
1. Who is the author of Giants of the Earth?
(a) R. O. Elvög.
(b) O. E. Rölvaag.
(c) R. E. Olefsön.
(d) E. O. Hansa.
2. Who is Per Hansa?
(a) The main female character of the book.
(b) The main family's oldest child.
(c) The main male character of the book.
(d) A shopkeeper who helps the family with supplies.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the Hansa children?
(a) Hans Kristian.
4. In Book 1, Chapter 1, what is the family doing?
(a) Going to visit their cousins.
(b) Fleeing from persecution.
(c) Going to town for supplies.
(d) Moving to a new place.
5. As the novel opens, what time of day is it?
(a) Late morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late afternoon.
(d) Early morning.
6. Where does the journey of the Hansa family begin?
7. By what means is the Hansa family traveling?
(c) Covered wagon.
This section contains 4,201 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)