|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lady of the house not like to attend?
2. Who does the old man want to revenge?
3. Why does Hummel want to revenge the colonel?
4. What is the lady of the house wrapped up like?
5. Who does Hummel want to bring into his daughter's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1900's European society:
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)