|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Man say the Colonel once was?
2. In what room of the house are Bengtsson and Johansson?
3. What does the lady of the house think that Bengtsson will know?
4. What is happening that night?
5. What is the name of the colonel's valet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What do the residents feel and how do they act to express their feelings about the house in the opening act? Why does the student holds the house in such awe?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)