|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
2. Where does the lady of the house put Hummel?
3. When does the Old Man say their time will be up?
4. What is the lady of the house talking like?
5. What room does the lady of the house go to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)