|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long has the colonel's noble family been extinct?
2. Who enters the drawing room after the lady of the house leaves?
3. Who is the only person who can see the milkmaid?
4. In what room of the house are Bengtsson and Johansson?
5. What does Hummel prove that the colonel is not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the list and examine how their sins have affected his/her life:
3. The Colonel
Essay Topic 3
Ghost Sonata greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghost Sonata and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)