|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the lady of the house?
2. Why does Hummel want to revenge the colonel?
3. What city did Bengtsson encounter the old man in for the second time?
4. Who does Hummel want to bring into his daughter's life?
5. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare European and American cultures.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture if the play was released today?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)