|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel say makes the student warm and light?
2. Why does Hummel think different languages were invented?
3. In what room of the house are Bengtsson and Johansson?
4. Why did Hummel kill the milkmaid?
5. Where does the lady of the house put Hummel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
Essay Topic 3
What do the residents feel and how do they act to express their feelings about the house in the opening act? Why does the student holds the house in such awe?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)