|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
2. Who does Hummel want Bengtsson to announce his arrival to?
3. What does Amelia want Jacob to do in the closet?
4. Why does Hummel want to revenge the colonel?
5. What is the name of the Old Man's ex-fiancee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)