|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man want to revenge?
2. What does Hummel say the people in the house are taking away from his daughter?
3. What did Jacob leave for the Bengtsson family to eat?
4. What did Jacob live in Bengtsson's house like?
5. What does Hummel inspect when everyone has gone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss August Strindberg's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare European and American cultures.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture if the play was released today?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)