|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hummel think different languages were invented?
2. What city did Bengtsson encounter the old man in for the second time?
3. What is happening that night?
4. Why does Hummel want to revenge the colonel?
5. What is the name of the lady of the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the list and examine how their sins have affected his/her life:
3. The Colonel
Essay Topic 3
What do the residents feel and how do they act to express their feelings about the house in the opening act? Why does the student holds the house in such awe?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)