|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hummel kill the milkmaid?
2. Who does the lady of the house call to the room?
3. Who does Hummel want to bring into his daughter's life?
4. What does Hummel ask the lady of the house about?
5. What does the lady of the house say they have all made?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)