|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady of the house sitting?
2. What does the lady of the house say she told the colonel once when they had an argument?
3. What does Hummel ask the lady of the house about?
4. What is Johansson dressed up as?
5. Where are the ladies gathering for the dinner party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)