|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initiates the conversation at the party?
2. Who is the only person who can see the milkmaid?
3. Where does the lady of the house put Hummel?
4. What does Hummel inspect when everyone has gone?
5. For how long has the colonel's noble family been extinct?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)