|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the lady of the house put Hummel?
2. How did Jacob kill the Milkmaid?
3. What is the name of the lady of the house?
4. Who is the only person who can see the milkmaid?
5. What does Hummel ask the lady of the house about?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Ghost Sonata greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghost Sonata and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)