|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
2. What does Amelia want Jacob to do in the closet?
3. What does Bengtsson say about the lady of the house?
4. What does the Old Man say the Colonel once was?
5. What does Amelia stop from working?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)