|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel complain about?
2. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
3. What day was the boy born?
4. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
5. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
2. Who is the Mummy?
3. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
4. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
5. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
6. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
7. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
8. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
9. Why does the student call Death the Liberator?
10. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
Essay Topic 2
GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)