|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
2. What does the colonel show his daughter?
3. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
4. What is the old man's name?
5. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob say is special about a Sunday child?
2. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
3. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
4. How does the play end?
5. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
6. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
7. How does Jacob know Amelia?
8. How is the cook a thorn in the family's side?
9. How does act three show the problems that can arise from guilt and lies?
10. Who is the white-haired woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ghost Sonata greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghost Sonata and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country in which the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)