|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
2. What kind of stairs does the house have?
3. Why does the superintendents wife want to spread the spruce greens?
4. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
5. What does the old man send the boy to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
2. How does act three show the problems that can arise from guilt and lies?
3. Why is the student struck by the girl of the house?
4. What do the group do as Jacob hangs himself?
5. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
6. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
7. How is the cook a thorn in the family's side?
8. What does Adele do for the maid?
9. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
10. What does the student think of the mortal world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What do the residents feel and how do they act to express their feelings about the house in the opening act? Why does the student holds the house in such awe?
Essay Topic 3
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
This section contains 1,272 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)