|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
2. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
3. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
4. Where does the colonel have the statue?
5. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
2. How does Jacob know Amelia?
3. What does Amelia say will happen to Jacob if he does anything to harm the Colonel?
4. How does Jacob plan to cure his daughter?
5. Who is the Mummy?
6. What does Jacob say has caused his daughter's illness?
7. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
8. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
9. Why is it too late to save Adele?
10. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1900s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it were set in today's society?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)