Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
2. What does the old man say he cannot do?
3. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
4. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
5. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
2. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
3. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
4. Who arrives at the dinner party?
5. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
6. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
7. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
8. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
9. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
10. How does the play end?
Compare European and American cultures.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture if the play was released today?
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)