|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
2. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
3. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
4. What does the colonel show his daughter?
5. Who is the article about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob react to the unveiling of his crimes?
2. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
3. What does the cook do to the family's beverages?
4. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
5. Who arrives at the dinner party?
6. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
7. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
8. How does Jacob say he is able to gain control of the Colonel's belongings and his house?
9. Who is the Mummy?
10. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)