|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the article about?
2. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
3. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
4. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
5. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
2. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
3. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
4. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
5. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
6. Where is the student at the beginning the scene?
7. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
8. How is the cook a thorn in the family's side?
9. How does Jacob know Amelia?
10. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)