|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the student ask Johannson?
2. What is the old man reading?
3. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
4. Where will Hummel sit with the colonel's daughter later in the evening?
5. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the dinner party?
2. What do the group do as Jacob hangs himself?
3. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
4. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
5. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
6. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
7. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
8. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
9. How does the play end?
10. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)