|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johansson say the student now is?
2. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
3. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
4. What kind of stairs does the house have?
5. Who is the woman in black's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the student think he can meet the girl?
2. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
3. Who is the Mummy?
4. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
5. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
6. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
7. What does Jacob say is special about a Sunday child?
8. How does act three show the problems that can arise from guilt and lies?
9. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
10. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss August Strindberg's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)