|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
2. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
3. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
4. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
5. What does the girl carry in her basket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adele do for the maid?
2. Why does Amelia say that Jacob is a bad person?
3. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
4. Why do they call the supper a ghost supper?
5. What does Amelia say will happen to Jacob if he does anything to harm the Colonel?
6. How does the play end?
7. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
8. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
9. What does Jacob say is special about a Sunday child?
10. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme:
Essay Topic 2
Ghost Sonata greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghost Sonata and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Why does Amelia hide away from life? Has Amelia done anything to help herself? What does it say about the play and the characters that there is no suggestion that anyone has tried to help Amelia?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)