|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches the house?
2. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
3. What do the white sheets indicate?
4. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
5. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
2. What does Amelia say will happen to Jacob if he does anything to harm the Colonel?
3. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
4. How did Jacob kill the Milkmaid?
5. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
6. How does the Milkmaid help the student?
7. What does Jacob say is his plan?
8. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
9. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
10. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare European and American cultures.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture if the play was released today?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character from the list and examine how their sins have affected his/her life:
3. The Colonel
Essay Topic 3
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)