|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
2. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
3. What is the old man's name?
4. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
5. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
2. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
3. How does the play end?
4. How does the play resemble a sonata?
5. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
6. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
7. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
8. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
9. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
10. How did Jacob kill the Milkmaid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Jacob accuse others of crimes when he has committed far worse crimes himself? How does Strindberg suggest that Jacob wants nothing but forgiveness?
Essay Topic 2
GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Compare the student's character to the person he is at the beginning of the play to the person he is at the end of the play.
1) What does the Student hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes the Student's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Student's future?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)