|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man say he cannot do?
2. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
3. What kind of stairs does the house have?
4. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
5. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
2. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
3. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
4. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
5. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
6. How does Jacob plan to cure his daughter?
7. What does the cook do to the family's beverages?
8. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
9. Why does Amelia say that Jacob is a bad person?
10. Who is the white-haired woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1900's European society:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
What do the residents feel and how do they act to express their feelings about the house in the opening act? Why does the student holds the house in such awe?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)