|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel complain about?
2. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
3. What does the student say happened to a house?
4. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
5. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bengtsson describe Amelia?
2. How does Jacob say he is able to gain control of the Colonel's belongings and his house?
3. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
4. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
5. How does the play end?
6. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
7. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
8. What does Jacob say is special about a Sunday child?
9. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
10. How does Jacob know the student?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Look at the structure of the play. 1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative? 2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure; Exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following: 1) Language 2) Character development 3) Structure
Essay Topic 3Choose one character from the list and examine how their sins have affected his/her life: 1. Amelia 2. Jacob 3. The Colonel
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)