|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
2. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
3. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
4. What does the student ask Johannson?
5. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
2. What does Jacob say has caused his daughter's illness?
3. Why is the student struck by the girl of the house?
4. What does the student think of the mortal world?
5. How does Bengtsson react when the girl begins to die?
6. What does Adele do for the maid?
7. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
8. How is the cook a thorn in the family's side?
9. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
10. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does the meaning of a Sunday Child have the same meaning in popular culture as it does in the book? What do the students think Jacob trying to achieve by calling the Student a Sunday child? What would the Student's character would be if he were a Monday child?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Strindberg's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does the play resemble a sonata? What meaning does the sonata structure give the play?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)