|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
2. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
3. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
4. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
5. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
2. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
3. Why is the student struck by the girl of the house?
4. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
5. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
6. How does the Milkmaid help the student?
7. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
8. How does the play end?
9. How does Jacob say he is able to gain control of the Colonel's belongings and his house?
10. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
GHOST SONATA is a play. What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following:
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Discuss August Strindberg's life. In what way is his life and personality is reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1900's European society:
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)