|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The white haired woman.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The old man's wife.
(d) The superintendent's wife.
2. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) Black sheets.
(b) Pink sheets.
(c) Plastic sheets.
(d) White sheets.
3. What does Johansson say the student now is?
(a) A wanted man.
(b) A hero.
(c) A real man.
(d) A dead man.
4. What is the name of the old man's servant?
5. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
(a) Her step sister.
(b) Her half sister.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) Her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man's name?
2. What do the white sheets indicate?
3. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
4. What does the old man say he cannot do?
5. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
2. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
3. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
4. How does Jacob know the student?
5. Why does Amelia say that Jacob is a bad person?
6. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
7. How does Jacob react to the unveiling of his crimes?
8. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
9. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
10. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)