|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) Black sheets.
(b) Plastic sheets.
(c) White sheets.
(d) Pink sheets.
2. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A picture in a magazine.
(b) A feature in a magazine.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) A painting of her.
3. Who does the student think the old man is afraid of?
(a) The house.
(b) The milkmaid.
(c) The colonel.
4. Who does Johannson return to speak to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The student.
5. What kind of stairs does the house have?
(a) Wooden stairs.
(b) Marble stairs.
(c) Sand stone stairs.
(d) Granite stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
2. Where will Hummel sit with the colonel's daughter later in the evening?
3. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
4. What do the white sheets indicate?
5. What does the student ask Johannson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
2. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
3. How does act three show the problems that can arise from guilt and lies?
4. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
5. Summarize the play.
6. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
7. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
8. What dreams does the student have about the house?
9. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
10. How does Jacob say he is able to gain control of the Colonel's belongings and his house?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)