|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl carry in her basket?
(a) Cola bottles.
(b) A baby.
(c) Milk bottles.
2. What does the student say happened to a house?
(a) It burned down.
(b) It's roof blew off.
(c) It exploded.
(d) It collapsed.
3. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The consul.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The old woman.
4. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A statue.
(b) A compass.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A river.
5. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) Black sheets.
(b) Plastic sheets.
(c) Pink sheets.
(d) White sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
2. What kind of stairs does the house have?
3. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
4. What does the colonel show his daughter?
5. Who comes out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is the student at the beginning the scene?
2. How does the Milkmaid terrify Jacob?
3. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
4. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
5. What does the student think of the mortal world?
6. How does Jacob say he is able to gain control of the Colonel's belongings and his house?
7. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
8. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
9. Who is the Mummy?
10. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)