|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
2. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The consul.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The old woman.
3. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
(a) Manipulating him.
(b) Draining his strength away.
(c) Laughing at him.
(d) Lying to him.
4. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A painting of her.
(b) A picture in a magazine.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) A feature in a magazine.
5. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) There is no one there.
(b) He thinks she was beautiful.
(c) He wants to start a conversation.
(d) He knows her from somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
2. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
3. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
4. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
5. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
2. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
3. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
4. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
5. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
6. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
7. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
8. What does the student think of the mortal world?
9. What does the cook do to the family's beverages?
10. How does Jacob know Amelia?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)