|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
(d) The student.
2. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The old man's wife.
(b) The superintendent's wife.
(c) The colonel's wife.
(d) The white haired woman.
3. What does the girl carry in her basket?
(a) Cola bottles.
(b) Milk bottles.
(d) A baby.
4. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
5. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) In the park.
(b) On the house roof.
(c) On a bench.
(d) On the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
2. What does the colonel show his daughter?
3. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
4. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
5. What is the old man's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob react to the unveiling of his crimes?
2. Who is the Mummy?
3. Who is the white-haired woman?
4. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
5. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
6. What does the student think of the mortal world?
7. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
8. Why is the student struck by the girl of the house?
9. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
10. How does the play resemble a sonata?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)