|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hummel complain about?
(a) The humidity.
(b) The cold.
(c) The wind.
(d) The heat.
2. What kind of stair railings does the house have?
(a) Mahogany and brass.
(b) Ivory and copper.
(c) Plate gold.
(d) Ebony and ivory.
3. What does the student say happened to a house?
(a) It's roof blew off.
(b) It exploded.
(c) It burned down.
(d) It collapsed.
4. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
5. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She used to be his fiancee.
(b) She used to be his wife.
(c) She is a friend of his sisters.
(d) She is his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's mother?
2. Who approaches the house?
3. What does the colonel show his daughter?
4. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
5. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bengtsson react when the girl begins to die?
2. Why is it too late to save Adele?
3. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
4. How does the student think he can meet the girl?
5. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
6. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
7. Who is the Mummy?
8. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
9. What does the cook do to the family's beverages?
10. Why does Amelia say that Jacob is a bad person?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)