|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
2. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
(a) The pub.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The fountain.
(d) The kiosk.
3. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
4. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On a bench.
(b) On the house roof.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) In the park.
5. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
(a) Push his chair.
(b) Take him to the toilet.
(c) Read him his newspaper.
(d) Buy him a newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's mother?
2. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
3. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
4. What do the white sheets indicate?
5. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
2. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
3. Why does Jacob Hummel think it is strange that the student is talking to the Milkmaid?
4. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
5. Who is the Mummy?
6. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
7. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
8. How does the Milkmaid help the student?
9. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
10. What does the student think of the mortal world?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)