|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) His ex fiancee.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The general's daughter.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
2. What does the old man say he cannot do?
(a) See into the future.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Feel happiness.
(d) See the dead.
3. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
(a) The colonel.
(c) The consul.
(d) The boy.
4. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
5. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) There is no one there.
(b) He wants to start a conversation.
(c) He thinks she was beautiful.
(d) He knows her from somewhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the student say happened to a house?
2. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
3. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
4. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
5. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
2. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
3. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
4. Who arrives at the dinner party?
5. Why does Amelia say she stays in the closet?
6. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
7. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
8. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
9. Why is the Hyacinth Room also called the room of ordeals?
10. How does the play end?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)