|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) Black sheets.
(b) White sheets.
(c) Plastic sheets.
(d) Pink sheets.
2. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Clean his clothes.
(b) Find a policeman.
(c) Clean out his eyes.
(d) Drink some water.
3. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The consul.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
4. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A wooden chair.
(b) A sofa.
(c) An stool.
(d) A wheelchair.
5. What is the old man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Hummel sit with the colonel's daughter later in the evening?
2. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
3. What does the old man send the boy to do?
4. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
5. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
2. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
3. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
4. What does Adele do for the maid?
5. How does Bengtsson describe Amelia?
6. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
7. Why does Johansson think it is too late to the help the student?
8. How does the student think he can meet the girl?
9. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
10. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)