|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
(a) The sunlight.
(b) The shade.
(c) The river.
(d) The lake.
2. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A river.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A statue.
(d) A compass.
3. Who does Johannson return to speak to?
(a) The colonel's daughter.
(b) The student.
(c) The consul.
(d) The colonel.
4. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A table cloth .
(c) A bed sheet.
(d) A burial sheet.
5. What does the girl carry in her basket?
(a) Cola bottles.
(b) A baby.
(c) Milk bottles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
2. What kind of stairs does the house have?
3. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
4. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
5. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
2. Describe the Hyacinth Room.
3. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
4. What does Jacob say is his plan?
5. What does the cook do to the family's beverages?
6. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
7. Why do they call the supper a ghost supper?
8. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
9. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
10. What dreams does the student have about the house?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)