|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The old man's wife.
(b) The white haired woman.
(c) The superintendent's wife.
(d) The colonel's wife.
2. What does the old man send the boy to do?
(a) By some beer.
(b) Pay his rent.
(c) Buy tickets.
(d) Find a policeman.
3. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The shade.
(d) The sunlight.
4. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On a bench.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) On the house roof.
5. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) An article in the newspaper.
(b) A painting of her.
(c) A feature in a magazine.
(d) A picture in a magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old man's servant?
2. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
3. What does Johansson say the student now is?
4. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
5. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
2. How is the cook a thorn in the family's side?
3. Who is the Mummy?
4. How does Jacob say he can help the student?
5. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
6. How did Jacob kill the Milkmaid?
7. What does Amelia say will happen to Jacob if he does anything to harm the Colonel?
8. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
9. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
10. Why is the Student amazed at the imperfections of the house?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)