|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches the house?
(a) Baron Skanskorg.
(b) Lord Gordon.
(c) General Paton.
(d) Marquis De Payno.
2. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She used to be his fiancee.
(b) She used to be his wife.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is a friend of his sisters.
3. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
(b) The colonel.
(c) The milkmaid.
(d) The student.
4. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
(b) Spruce greens.
(c) Fox gloves.
5. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
2. What does Hummel complain about?
3. Where will Hummel sit with the colonel's daughter later in the evening?
4. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
5. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
2. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
3. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
4. Why is it too late to save Adele?
5. How does Jacob know the student?
6. Who is the white-haired woman?
7. Why does the student call Death the Liberator?
8. How does Jacob plan to cure his daughter?
9. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
10. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)