|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
(b) The royal family.
(d) The colonel.
2. What does Hummel want to watch that evening?
(a) A film.
(b) A play.
(c) A cabaret.
(d) An opera.
3. What is the name of the old man's servant?
4. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her bracelet.
(c) Her underwear.
(d) Her earrings.
5. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On the sidewalk.
(b) In the park.
(c) On a bench.
(d) On the house roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was the boy born?
2. What does the student ask Johannson?
3. Who approaches the house?
4. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
5. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacob tell the Student about the Deadman?
2. What does Adele do for the maid?
3. How does Bengtsson react when the girl begins to die?
4. What does Jacob say has caused his daughter's illness?
5. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
6. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
7. Summarize the play.
8. Why does Jacob say he is at the dinner?
9. Why does Jacob Hummel think it is strange that the student is talking to the Milkmaid?
10. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)