|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) An stool.
(c) A wooden chair.
(d) A sofa.
2. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the games room.
(d) In the drawing room.
3. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
(a) Take him to the toilet.
(b) Buy him a newspaper.
(c) Read him his newspaper.
(d) Push his chair.
4. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The consul.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The old woman.
5. What is the old man reading?
(a) A book.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A comic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is visible through the open windows?
2. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
3. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
4. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
5. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bengtsson react when the girl begins to die?
2. What do the group do as Jacob hangs himself?
3. What does Jacob say is special about a Sunday child?
4. Why does the student call Death the Liberator?
5. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
6. How does Jacob immediately assert authority when he arrives on the scene?
7. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
8. Why doesn't the student's father like Jacob?
9. How does the play resemble a sonata?
10. What disaster happened in Stockholm the evening before?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)