|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The old woman.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The consul.
2. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) His ex fiancee.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The general's daughter.
(d) The colonel's wife.
3. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The white haired woman.
(b) The old man's wife.
(c) The colonel's wife.
(d) The superintendent's wife.
4. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Swede.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The general.
5. Who is the woman in black's father?
(a) The consul.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
2. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
3. What kind of stair railings does the house have?
4. What does the old man sit on?
5. What does the colonel show his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
2. What does the student think of the mortal world?
3. What does Adele do for the maid?
4. What does Jacob ask the student to do for him?
5. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
6. What does Amelia say will happen to Jacob if he does anything to harm the Colonel?
7. Why does Amelia say that Jacob is a bad person?
8. How does the student think he can meet the girl?
9. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
10. What does Johannsson tell the Student about his master?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)