|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
(b) The consul.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The boy.
2. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) Her earrings.
(c) Her bracelet.
(d) Her necklace.
3. What does Hummel complain about?
(a) The heat.
(b) The cold.
(c) The wind.
(d) The humidity.
4. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
(a) The old man.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A spinster.
5. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is visible through the open windows?
2. Who is the woman in black's mother?
3. Who comes out of the house?
4. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
5. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
2. What changes the student's mind about walking away?
3. Who arrives at the dinner party?
4. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
5. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
6. How does the play end?
7. Why does the student call Death the Liberator?
8. Why can the family not get rid of the cook?
9. How does the play resemble a sonata?
10. Why does Adele think the servants are sapping the family's strength?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)