|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The old woman.
(d) The consul.
2. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A bed sheet.
(b) A burial sheet.
(c) A shawl.
(d) A table cloth .
3. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) If he can lend him some money.
(b) If he has a place for him to stay.
(c) What kind of man Hummel is.
(d) If he thinks he is seeing things.
4. Who approaches the house?
(a) Lord Gordon.
(b) General Paton.
(c) Marquis De Payno.
(d) Baron Skanskorg.
5. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
(a) A fireman.
(b) The old man.
(c) A spinster.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johannson return to speak to?
2. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
3. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
4. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
5. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jacob react to the unveiling of his crimes?
2. What does Jacob say is his plan?
3. How does the student think he can meet the girl?
4. Why does Bengtsson think that the guests don't say anything new at the dinner?
5. How does the play end?
6. Why is the Colonel no longer even a Colonel?
7. How does Jacob plan to cure his daughter?
8. Why is the family maid no good?
9. Why does Jacob think he is not the cause of the student's father's bankruptcy?
10. What did Jacob do to Bengtsson and his family?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)