|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hummel complain about?
(a) The wind.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The cold.
(d) The heat.
2. What day was the boy born?
3. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
(a) A judge.
(b) A fireman.
(c) A consul.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
5. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
(a) Manipulating him.
(b) Laughing at him.
(c) Lying to him.
(d) Draining his strength away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
2. Why does the superintendents wife want to spread the spruce greens?
3. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
4. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
5. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the student try to save Adele from the house?
2. What does Jacob ask the residents of the nearby home to do?
3. What does Jacob tell the Colonel about the Colonel's family name?
4. Why does Jacob Hummel think it is strange that the student is talking to the Milkmaid?
5. How does Jacob plan to cure his daughter?
6. How does Amelia take control of the situation?
7. What does Jacob say has caused his daughter's illness?
8. How does Bengtsson react when the girl begins to die?
9. Why is it too late to save Adele?
10. How does the play resemble a sonata?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)