|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hummel say makes the student warm and light?
(a) His innocence.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His sense of right and wrong.
(d) His heroic deed.
2. What part of the lady of the house's body is too sensiitve?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her skin.
3. What does the lady of the house say they have all made?
4. What city did Bengtsson encounter the old man in for the second time?
5. What is the lady of the house talking like?
(a) A child.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lawyer.
6. What does Amelia warn Jacob he could die behind?
(a) A Swedish death screen.
(b) A Chinese death screen.
(c) An American death screen.
(d) A Japanese death screen.
7. What does Hummel say the people in the house are taking away from his daughter?
(a) Her sexuality.
(b) Her innocence.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her will to live.
8. Why did Hummel kill the milkmaid?
(a) She was the only witness.
(b) She would not marry him.
(c) She laughed at him.
(d) He thought she was ugly.
9. Why does Hummel want to revenge the colonel?
(a) He stole his house.
(b) He lost him his job.
(c) He killed his dog.
(d) He stole his fiancee.
10. What does Bengtsson say about the lady of the house?
(a) She is fun loving.
(b) She is sweet.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is crazy.
11. What does the lady of the house say she told the colonel once when they had an argument?
(a) The truth.
(b) A lie.
(c) A joke.
(d) A fib.
12. Where is the lady of the house sitting?
(a) The pantry.
(b) The games room.
(c) The garden.
(d) The closet.
13. Who does the Old Man want to help become rich?
(a) The student.
(b) The colonel.
14. What crime does Bengtsson say Hummel commited?
15. What room does the lady of the house go to?
(a) Her daughter's bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her own bedroom.
(d) The games room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the lady of the house call to the room?
2. Who does the old man want to revenge?
3. What musical instrument does the colonel's daughter play?
4. When does the Old Man say their time will be up?
5. What is the name of the colonel's valet?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)