|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the colonel's daughter?
2. What does the lady of the house say they have all made?
3. How did Jacob kill the Milkmaid?
(a) He drowned her.
(b) He shot her.
(c) He stabbed her.
(d) He strangled her.
4. Who enters the room uninvited?
(c) The colonel.
(d) The student.
5. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
(a) Loving and being loved.
(b) Talking and being talked to.
(c) Feeling and being felt.
(d) Seeing and being seen.
6. What does Hummel say makes the student warm and light?
(a) His heroic deed.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His sense of right and wrong.
(d) His intelligence.
7. Who does the lady of the house call to the room?
(a) The student.
(c) The colonel.
8. Why does Hummel say he has visited the house?
(a) To have a good time.
(b) To settle old scores.
(c) To have good food.
(d) To take his daughter back.
9. What is the lady of the house wrapped up like?
(a) A mummy.
(b) An explorer.
(c) An old lady.
(d) A baby.
10. What does the Old Man say the Colonel once was?
(a) A kitchen lackey.
(b) A cleaner.
(c) A woman.
(d) A chef.
11. What did Jacob live in Bengtsson's house like?
(a) A vampire.
(b) A crow.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
12. What does Hummel ask the lady of the house about?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her closet.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her daughter.
13. Why does Hummel think different languages were invented?
(a) To develop different cultures.
(b) To keep secrets.
(c) To confuse people.
(d) To force people to learn.
14. What does the student recite to the colonel's daughter?
(a) A poem.
(b) A short story.
(c) A fable.
(d) A novel.
15. Who does Hummel want Bengtsson to announce his arrival to?
(a) The colonel's daughter.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The consul.
(d) The lady of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does the colonel's daughter play?
2. What is the name of the colonel's valet?
3. Who enters the drawing room after the lady of the house leaves?
4. What does Hummel prove that the colonel is not?
5. What does the lady of the house think that Bengtsson will know?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)