|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lady of the house say has made them better people?
(a) They have lived.
(b) They have had children.
(c) They have repented.
(d) They have laughed.
2. What did Jacob live in Bengtsson's house like?
(a) A cat.
(b) A vampire.
(c) A crow.
(d) A dog.
3. Why does Hummel say he has visited the house?
(a) To have good food.
(b) To settle old scores.
(c) To have a good time.
(d) To take his daughter back.
4. Why does Hummel think different languages were invented?
(a) To force people to learn.
(b) To confuse people.
(c) To keep secrets.
(d) To develop different cultures.
5. Who does Hummel want Bengtsson to announce his arrival to?
(a) The consul.
(b) The lady of the house.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
6. What does Hummel ask the lady of the house about?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her closet.
7. What does Amelia stop from working?
(a) The desk drawers.
(b) The radio.
(c) The telephone.
(d) The clock.
8. What does the lady of the house not like to attend?
(c) Fancy dress.
9. What musical instrument does the colonel's daughter play?
10. What does the lady of the house say she told the colonel once when they had an argument?
(a) The truth.
(b) A lie.
(c) A joke.
(d) A fib.
11. What crime does Bengtsson say Hummel commited?
12. Who enters the drawing room after the lady of the house leaves?
(b) The student.
(c) The colonel.
13. What is the name of the colonel's daughter?
14. What city did Bengtsson encounter the old man in for the second time?
15. Who is the only person who can see the milkmaid?
(a) The colonel.
(d) The lady of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lady of the house talking like?
2. What did Jacob leave for the Bengtsson family to eat?
3. What does the Old Man recognize Baron Skanskorg as?
4. What does the Old Man say the Colonel once was?
5. What does the old man say he does not fear?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)