|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amelia warn Jacob he could die behind?
(a) A Japanese death screen.
(b) An American death screen.
(c) A Chinese death screen.
(d) A Swedish death screen.
2. What does Hummel tell the colonel he now owns?
(a) A car.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) All of the colonel's belongings.
(d) The town.
3. What is the death screen standing next to?
(a) The table.
(b) The book case.
(c) The door.
(d) The couch.
4. What does Hummel say makes the student warm and light?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His sense of right and wrong.
(c) His heroic deed.
(d) His innocence.
5. What did Jacob leave for the Bengtsson family to eat?
(d) Watery broth.
6. What does Amelia want Jacob to do in the closet?
(b) Speak like a parrot.
(c) Hang himself.
(d) Recite poetry.
7. What does the lady of the house say they have all made?
8. What does the Old Man say the Colonel once was?
(a) A kitchen lackey.
(b) A woman.
(c) A chef.
(d) A cleaner.
9. Who does Hummel want Bengtsson to announce his arrival to?
(a) The lady of the house.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The consul.
10. Where is the lady of the house sitting?
(a) The garden.
(b) The games room.
(c) The closet.
(d) The pantry.
11. What does the lady of the house say she told the colonel once when they had an argument?
(a) A joke.
(b) The truth.
(c) A lie.
(d) A fib.
12. What part of the lady of the house's body is too sensiitve?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her skin.
13. What are Bengtsson and Johansson talking about?
(a) Their masters.
(b) Their school days.
(c) Their children.
(d) Their wives.
14. Where are the ladies gathering for the dinner party?
(a) The hyacinth room.
(b) The rose room.
(c) The games room.
(d) The garden.
15. What does the lady of the house think that Bengtsson will know?
(a) Hummel's previous crimes.
(b) What is for dinner.
(c) The colonel's previous crimes.
(d) Where her daughter is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hummel say he has visited the house?
2. When does the Old Man say their time will be up?
3. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
4. Who initiates the conversation at the party?
5. What does the Old Man recognize Baron Skanskorg as?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)