|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the colonel's daughter?
2. What is the name of the colonel's valet?
3. What does Amelia say she wants to avoid?
(a) Talking and being talked to.
(b) Seeing and being seen.
(c) Loving and being loved.
(d) Feeling and being felt.
4. Why did Hummel kill the milkmaid?
(a) She was the only witness.
(b) She laughed at him.
(c) He thought she was ugly.
(d) She would not marry him.
5. What does Hummel tell the colonel he now owns?
(a) All of the colonel's belongings.
(b) The town.
(c) A car.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
6. What is the lady of the house talking like?
(a) A priest.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A child.
7. In what room of the house are Bengtsson and Johansson?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The master bedroom.
(d) The games room.
8. What does Amelia want Jacob to do in the closet?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Speak like a parrot.
(c) Recite poetry.
9. What does the Old Man recognize Baron Skanskorg as?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A rapist.
(c) A jewel thief.
(d) A horse thief.
10. Who does the lady of the house call to the room?
(b) The student.
(d) The colonel.
11. Who is the only person who can see the milkmaid?
(a) The lady of the house.
(d) The colonel.
12. Who does Hummel want to bring into his daughter's life?
(a) The student.
(b) The consul.
(d) The milkmaid.
13. What does the lady of the house not like to attend?
(c) Fancy dress.
14. For whom did the colonel serve?
(a) The British Airforce.
(b) The Swedish Army.
(c) An American Volunteer Force.
(d) The French Legion.
15. What city did Bengtsson encounter the old man in for the second time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lady of the house sitting?
2. What is the lady of the house wrapped up like?
3. What is happening that night?
4. What musical instrument does the colonel's daughter play?
5. Who does Hummel want Bengtsson to announce his arrival to?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)