|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of stairs does the house have?
(a) Granite stairs.
(b) Marble stairs.
(c) Sand stone stairs.
(d) Wooden stairs.
2. What does the girl carry in her basket?
(a) Milk bottles.
(b) A baby.
(d) Cola bottles.
3. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A wheelchair.
(b) A sofa.
(c) An stool.
(d) A wooden chair.
4. What day was the boy born?
5. What does Hummel complain about?
(a) The heat.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The cold.
(d) The wind.
6. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) What kind of man Hummel is.
(b) If he can lend him some money.
(c) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(d) If he has a place for him to stay.
7. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
(a) Her underwear.
(b) Her bracelet.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) Her earrings.
8. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
(a) Fox gloves.
(d) Spruce greens.
9. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
(b) Heal the sick.
(c) Control people's dreams.
(d) See the dead.
10. What does Johansson say the student now is?
(a) A wanted man.
(b) A hero.
(c) A real man.
(d) A dead man.
11. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
12. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He knows her from somewhere.
(b) He wants to start a conversation.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) He thinks she was beautiful.
13. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A picture in a magazine.
(b) An article in the newspaper.
(c) A feature in a magazine.
(d) A painting of her.
14. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
(a) The boy.
(b) The colonel.
(d) The consul.
15. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
(a) The shade.
(b) The sunlight.
(c) The river.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
2. What does Hummel want to watch that evening?
3. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
4. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
5. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)