|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white sheets indicate?
(a) A marriage.
(b) A death.
(c) A birth.
(d) A birthday.
2. What does the student say happened to a house?
(a) It exploded.
(b) It burned down.
(c) It collapsed.
(d) It's roof blew off.
3. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
(c) The student.
4. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(b) If he has a place for him to stay.
(c) If he can lend him some money.
(d) What kind of man Hummel is.
5. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She used to be his fiancee.
(b) She used to be his wife.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is a friend of his sisters.
6. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
7. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
8. What day was the boy born?
9. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On the house roof.
(b) In the park.
(c) On a bench.
(d) On the sidewalk.
10. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
(c) The student.
(d) Baron Skanskorg.
11. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A sofa.
(b) A wooden chair.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) An stool.
12. What is the old man reading?
(a) A comic.
(b) A book.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
13. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
(a) Buy him a newspaper.
(b) Push his chair.
(c) Take him to the toilet.
(d) Read him his newspaper.
14. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) His ex fiancee.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The general's daughter.
15. Who is the woman in black's father?
(a) The student.
(b) The consul.
(c) The colonel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
2. What does the girl carry in her basket?
3. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
4. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
5. Who comes out of the house?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)