|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
2. What does Hummel complain about?
(a) The cold.
(b) The wind.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The heat.
3. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Find a policeman.
(b) Clean his clothes.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Clean out his eyes.
4. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A sofa.
(b) An stool.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A wooden chair.
5. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
(a) The Swede.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The general.
(d) The mayor.
6. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A spinster.
(c) The old man.
(d) A fireman.
7. What is the old man reading?
(a) A book.
(b) A comic.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He knows her from somewhere.
(b) There is no one there.
(c) He wants to start a conversation.
(d) He thinks she was beautiful.
9. Where will Hummel sit with the colonel's daughter later in the evening?
(a) Her kitchen.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) Her drawing room.
(d) Her games room.
10. What does Johansson say the student now is?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A real man.
(c) A hero.
(d) A wanted man.
11. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
(a) Push his chair.
(b) Buy him a newspaper.
(c) Take him to the toilet.
(d) Read him his newspaper.
12. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the drawing room.
(d) In the games room.
13. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
(d) The student.
14. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She used to be his wife.
(b) She used to be his fiancee.
(c) She is a friend of his sisters.
(d) She is his sister.
15. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A bed sheet.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A burial sheet.
(d) A table cloth .
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stair railings does the house have?
2. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
3. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
4. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
5. Who is the woman in black's father?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)