|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can Hummel not see?
(a) The consul.
(b) The old woman.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The colonel.
2. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
(a) Her second cousin.
(b) Her step sister.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her half sister.
3. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
(c) The colonel.
(d) The royal family.
4. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
(b) Fox gloves.
(d) Spruce greens.
5. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
(c) The student.
6. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
(a) The fountain.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The pub.
(d) The kiosk.
7. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
(a) Laughing at him.
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Manipulating him.
(d) Draining his strength away.
8. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
(a) The old man.
(b) A spinster.
(c) A fireman.
(d) A policeman.
9. What does the old man send the boy to do?
(a) Buy tickets.
(b) By some beer.
(c) Find a policeman.
(d) Pay his rent.
10. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A compass.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A river.
(d) A statue.
11. What does Johansson say the student now is?
(a) A hero.
(b) A real man.
(c) A dead man.
(d) A wanted man.
12. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On a bench.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) On the house roof.
13. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In the drawing room.
(d) In the garden.
14. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
15. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He thinks she was beautiful.
(b) He wants to start a conversation.
(c) He knows her from somewhere.
(d) There is no one there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's father?
2. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
3. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
4. What kind of stairs does the house have?
5. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)