|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
2. What does Johansson say the student now is?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A real man.
(c) A wanted man.
(d) A hero.
3. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
(a) The marble statue upstairs.
(b) The marble statue in the garden.
(c) The milkmaid.
(d) The cold weather.
4. Who is the woman in black's father?
(b) The student.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The consul.
5. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A painting of her.
(b) A picture in a magazine.
(c) An article in the newspaper.
(d) A feature in a magazine.
6. Who is the article about?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The milkman.
(d) The boy.
7. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
(a) The kiosk.
(b) The pub.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The fountain.
8. Who approaches the house?
(a) Baron Skanskorg.
(b) General Paton.
(c) Marquis De Payno.
(d) Lord Gordon.
9. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Clean his clothes.
(b) Clean out his eyes.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Find a policeman.
10. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) White sheets.
(b) Pink sheets.
(c) Plastic sheets.
(d) Black sheets.
11. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A burial sheet.
(c) A table cloth .
(d) A bed sheet.
12. What day was the boy born?
13. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
(a) The lady in black.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The student.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
14. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He wants to start a conversation.
(b) He knows her from somewhere.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) He thinks she was beautiful.
15. Who does the student think the old man is afraid of?
(a) The house.
(b) The colonel.
(d) The milkmaid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man sit on?
2. What does the boy accuse the old man of doing?
3. What does Hummel complain about?
4. What is the old man's name?
5. Who is the woman in black's mother?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)