|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) His ex fiancee.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The general's daughter.
(d) The colonel's daughter.
2. What does the old man say he cannot do?
(a) See into the future.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Feel happiness.
(d) See the dead.
3. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
(a) The colonel.
(c) The consul.
(d) The boy.
4. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
5. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) There is no one there.
(b) He wants to start a conversation.
(c) He thinks she was beautiful.
(d) He knows her from somewhere.
6. What does the student say happened to a house?
(a) It burned down.
(b) It collapsed.
(c) It's roof blew off.
(d) It exploded.
7. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
(a) The colonel's wife.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The lady in black.
(d) The student.
8. Who returns the colonel's daughter's bracelet?
(c) The student.
9. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A consul.
(c) A judge.
(d) A fireman.
10. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
(a) The shade.
(b) The lake.
(c) The river.
(d) The sunlight.
11. Who is the article about?
(a) The milkman.
(c) The boy.
(d) The colonel.
12. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
(a) Her half sister.
(b) Her step sister.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) Her cousin.
13. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
(a) The general.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Swede.
14. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A painting of her.
(b) A feature in a magazine.
(c) A picture in a magazine.
(d) An article in the newspaper.
15. What is the old man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approaches the house?
2. What does the girl carry in her basket?
3. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
4. What does the old man send the boy to do?
5. What is visible through the open windows?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)