|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears behind the colonel's daughter?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The consul.
(d) The boy.
2. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) If he can lend him some money.
(b) What kind of man Hummel is.
(c) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(d) If he has a place for him to stay.
3. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) There is no one there.
(b) He wants to start a conversation.
(c) He knows her from somewhere.
(d) He thinks she was beautiful.
4. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Clean out his eyes.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Find a policeman.
(d) Clean his clothes.
5. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
(a) See the dead.
(c) Control people's dreams.
(d) Heal the sick.
6. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) His ex fiancee.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The general's daughter.
(d) The colonel's wife.
7. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the drawing room.
8. What does the old man say he cannot do?
(a) Feel happiness.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) See the dead.
(d) See into the future.
9. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
10. Who approaches the house?
(a) Marquis De Payno.
(b) Baron Skanskorg.
(c) General Paton.
(d) Lord Gordon.
11. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The colonel's wife.
(b) The old man's wife.
(c) The superintendent's wife.
(d) The white haired woman.
12. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A statue.
(b) A compass.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A river.
13. Why does the superintendents wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) It is a birth custom.
(b) It is a Christmas custom.
(c) It is a birthday custom.
(d) It is a funeral custom.
14. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A bed sheet.
(c) A table cloth .
(d) A burial sheet.
15. What does the old man send the boy to do?
(a) By some beer.
(b) Buy tickets.
(c) Find a policeman.
(d) Pay his rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johansson say the student now is?
2. Who comes out of the house?
3. What does the student say happened to a house?
4. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
5. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)