|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The old man's wife.
(b) The white haired woman.
(c) The colonel's wife.
(d) The superintendent's wife.
2. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
(b) Shout at Hummel.
(c) Water the flowers.
(d) Open the window.
3. What kind of stairs does the house have?
(a) Wooden stairs.
(b) Marble stairs.
(c) Granite stairs.
(d) Sand stone stairs.
4. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She is a friend of his sisters.
(b) She used to be his wife.
(c) She used to be his fiancee.
(d) She is his sister.
5. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
(a) The lady in black.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The student.
(d) The colonel's wife.
6. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The student.
(c) The milkmaid.
7. What does the old man sit on?
(a) A wooden chair.
(b) A wheelchair.
(c) An stool.
(d) A sofa.
8. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Clean out his eyes.
(b) Drink some water.
(c) Find a policeman.
(d) Clean his clothes.
9. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
(a) Her half sister.
(b) Her step sister.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What is covering a few of the upstairs windows?
(a) Pink sheets.
(b) White sheets.
(c) Plastic sheets.
(d) Black sheets.
11. What kind of stair railings does the house have?
(a) Plate gold.
(b) Mahogany and brass.
(c) Ebony and ivory.
(d) Ivory and copper.
12. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
(b) The student.
(d) Baron Skanskorg.
13. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
14. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
(a) His father.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
15. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) What kind of man Hummel is.
(b) If he has a place for him to stay.
(c) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(d) If he can lend him some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
2. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
3. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
4. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
5. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)