|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hummel know the woman in the window?
(a) She is a friend of his sisters.
(b) She used to be his wife.
(c) She used to be his fiancee.
(d) She is his sister.
2. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
(a) The marble statue upstairs.
(b) The cold weather.
(c) The marble statue in the garden.
(d) The milkmaid.
3. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
(c) Fox gloves.
(d) Spruce greens.
4. Who is the woman in black's father?
(b) The student.
(c) The consul.
(d) The colonel.
5. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
(a) The student.
(b) The colonel's wife.
(c) The colonel's daughter.
(d) The lady in black.
6. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A bed sheet.
(b) A table cloth .
(c) A shawl.
(d) A burial sheet.
7. What is the old man reading?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A book.
(c) A comic.
(d) A magazine.
8. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He thinks she was beautiful.
(b) He knows her from somewhere.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) He wants to start a conversation.
9. Who is the article about?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The milkman.
(c) The boy.
10. Where does the superintendent's wife want to spread the spruce greens?
(a) On a bench.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the house roof.
(d) On the sidewalk.
11. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
12. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A river.
(c) A statue.
(d) A compass.
13. What does the colonel's daughter drop out of her window?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her bracelet.
(c) Her underwear.
(d) Her earrings.
14. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
(b) Baron Skanskorg.
(c) The student.
15. What is the old man's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the colonel have the statue?
2. What does the girl carry in her basket?
3. What does Johansson say the old man destroys?
4. What does the student ask Johannson?
5. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)