|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A compass.
(b) A statue.
(c) A river.
(d) A fountain.
2. Why does the old man ask the student who he was talking to?
(a) He thinks she was beautiful.
(b) He knows her from somewhere.
(c) There is no one there.
(d) He wants to start a conversation.
3. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) What kind of man Hummel is.
(b) If he can lend him some money.
(c) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(d) If he has a place for him to stay.
4. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The kiosk.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) The pub.
5. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In the games room.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the drawing room.
6. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The white haired woman.
(b) The superintendent's wife.
(c) The old man's wife.
(d) The colonel's wife.
7. What is the superintendent's wife carrying?
(a) Fox gloves.
(c) Spruce greens.
8. What is the dead consul wrapped in?
(a) A table cloth .
(b) A shawl.
(c) A bed sheet.
(d) A burial sheet.
9. What does the colonel's daughter appear at the window to do?
(a) Open the window.
(b) Shout at Hummel.
(d) Water the flowers.
10. Who is the woman in black's father?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The student.
(c) The consul.
11. What did the dead man upstairs used to be?
(a) A fireman.
(b) A consul.
(c) A judge.
(d) A policeman.
12. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
(a) Control people's dreams.
(c) Heal the sick.
(d) See the dead.
13. Who approaches the house?
(a) Baron Skanskorg.
(b) General Paton.
(c) Lord Gordon.
(d) Marquis De Payno.
14. Who is the article about?
(a) The milkman.
(b) The boy.
(d) The colonel.
15. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man send the boy to do?
2. What do the white sheets indicate?
3. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
4. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
5. What does the student say happened to a house?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)