|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
(a) Control people's dreams.
(b) See the dead.
(c) Heal the sick.
2. Who does the student think the old man is afraid of?
(a) The house.
(b) The milkmaid.
(c) The colonel.
3. Who does Skankorg want to speak to?
(a) The colonel's wife.
(b) The colonel's daughter.
(c) The student.
(d) The lady in black.
4. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
5. What is the name of the old man's servant?
6. What does the girl carry in her basket?
(a) Milk bottles.
(c) A baby.
(d) Cola bottles.
7. What does the colonel show his daughter?
(a) A feature in a magazine.
(b) An article in the newspaper.
(c) A picture in a magazine.
(d) A painting of her.
8. What does the milkmaid help the student to do?
(a) Clean his clothes.
(b) Clean out his eyes.
(c) Drink some water.
(d) Find a policeman.
9. Who is the woman in black's father?
(a) The student.
(c) The colonel.
(d) The consul.
10. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
(a) The colonel.
(b) The royal family.
11. Who is Hummel going to the play with?
(a) The colonel's daughter.
(b) His ex fiancee.
(c) The colonel's wife.
(d) The general's daughter.
12. What do the white sheets indicate?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A marriage.
(c) A birth.
(d) A death.
13. Who approaches the student at the fountain?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A spinster.
(c) A fireman.
(d) The old man.
14. What does the student ask Johannson?
(a) If he has a place for him to stay.
(b) If he thinks he is seeing things.
(c) What kind of man Hummel is.
(d) If he can lend him some money.
15. Who is the woman's black's lover married to?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her half sister.
(c) Her second cousin.
(d) Her step sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hummel ask the boy to push his chair into?
2. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
3. Who is the woman in black's mother?
4. What is the old man's name?
5. What color clothes is the young woman in the doorway wearing?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)