|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is visible through the open windows?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A statue.
(c) A river.
(d) A compass.
2. Who is the woman in black's mother?
(a) The white haired woman.
(b) The superintendent's wife.
(c) The old man's wife.
(d) The colonel's wife.
3. Who does Johansson say the old man knows?
(b) The royal family.
(d) The colonel.
4. What does the old man say he cannot do?
(a) See the dead.
(b) Fall in love.
(c) Feel happiness.
(d) See into the future.
5. What is the old man's name?
6. Who is the colonel's statue modeled after?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. What is the name of the old man's servant?
8. What does Hummel ask the boy to do for him?
(a) Buy him a newspaper.
(b) Read him his newspaper.
(c) Take him to the toilet.
(d) Push his chair.
9. What does the colonel's daughter look like?
(a) The marble statue upstairs.
(b) The marble statue in the garden.
(c) The cold weather.
(d) The milkmaid.
10. Who does the old man want the boy to meet?
(a) The general.
(b) The colonel.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Swede.
11. What kind of stairs does the house have?
(a) Wooden stairs.
(b) Sand stone stairs.
(c) Marble stairs.
(d) Granite stairs.
12. Where does the colonel have the statue?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In the games room.
(c) In the drawing room.
(d) In the garden.
13. What does the boy first feel when he sees the colonel's daughter?
14. Who pushes the old man back into the scene?
(a) Baron Skanskorg.
(d) The student.
15. Which of the following does the old man say he can do?
(a) See the dead.
(b) Control people's dreams.
(d) Heal the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the old man send the boy to do?
2. Which character makes the old man shrivel in fear?
3. What does the colonel show his daughter?
4. What color hair does the woman in the window have?
5. Where does the milkmaid stop for a drink?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)