|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Manders gone to?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
3. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
5. What does Engstrand say he did not accept from his wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henrik Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What does Mrs. Alving mean by ghosts? Why are the ghosts such an integral part of the story?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)