|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say everyone is afraid of?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)