|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald say has broken down?
2. What does Engstrand say is not worth talking about?
3. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
4. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
5. What does Manders say Mrs. Alving's thoughts are the outcome of?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)