|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
2. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
3. What has Mrs. Alving built up in her son's mind?
4. What does Engstrand say is not worth talking about?
5. What is Engstrand dressed in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)