|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
2. What is Engstrand dressed in?
3. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
4. Who does Engstrand think a man should raise up?
5. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)