|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Engstrand say is not worth talking about?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
3. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
5. How does Mrs. Alving want Oswald to speak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 2Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following: 1) Plot 2) Character 3) Themes
Essay Topic 3Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme. 1) Setting 2) Structure 3) Language
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)