|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
2. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1880s society.
1) Sexual desire
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)