Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
2. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henrik Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)