|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
2. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
3. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
4. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
5. Who knocks at the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 3
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)