|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
2. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
3. What does Engstrand say is not worth talking about?
4. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
5. Who should a child love and honor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
Essay Topic 3
What are Ibsen's views on religion? How does he express his views in the play? What part did religion play in 1880s European society?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)