|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
5. Why has Oswald decided to stay in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)