|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
5. Why has Oswald decided to stay in?
Essay Topic 1
Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)