|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
2. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
3. Why is Oswald unable to work?
4. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
5. Who does Engstrand say men should not judge too harshly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1880s society.
1) Sexual desire
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)