|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks at the door?
2. What is Engstrand dressed in?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. What does Mrs. Alving think is at the bottom of the world's problems?
5. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1880s society.
1) Sexual desire
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)