|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
2. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What are Ibsen's views on religion? How does he express his views in the play? What part did religion play in 1880s European society?
Essay Topic 3
What does Mrs. Alving mean by ghosts? Why are the ghosts such an integral part of the story?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)