|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
2. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)