|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
2. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
4. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
5. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henrik Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
Essay Topic 3
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)