|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
2. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. Where does Mrs. Alving tell Regina to go?
5. What is Mrs. Alving's first name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)