|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
2. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
3. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)