|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
2. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
3. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the novel and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)