|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Engstrand think a man should raise up?
2. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say everyone is afraid of?
4. What room is Oswald in?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)