|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Alving say she should have taken into her confidence?
2. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
3. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
4. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
5. What room is Oswald in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henrik Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)