|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oswald smoking?
2. What does Regina fan herself with?
3. How does Engstrand say he is related to Regina?
4. When does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is a good worker?
5. What part of Norway does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think about her sons relationship with Regina?
2. Describe the room the play takes place in?
3. Describe the setting of Ghosts.
4. What does Mrs. Alving say Oswald's father was like in the old days?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say she means by ghosts?
6. Why does Engstrand think the burning down of the orphanage is such bad luck?
7. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
8. Why did Mrs. Alving send Oswald to school at such an early age?
9. What does Engstrand ask the Pastor to do?
10. How is Pastor Manders helping with the building of the orphanage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
Essay Topic 2
Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)