|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regina ask Engstrand to stop doing?
2. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
3. What is Engstrand making an effort to do?
4. Who is the rain splendid for?
5. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think about her sons relationship with Regina?
2. What kind of establishment does Engstrand want to open?
3. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
4. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Oswald's father was like in the old days?
6. Why is Mrs. Alving building a memorial?
7. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
8. Why is Manders so angry with Engstrand?
9. Why is Manders unsure whether he can help fund Engstrands new business?
10. Why does Oswald think that Engstrand's building will burn down?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
What does Mrs. Alving mean by ghosts? Why are the ghosts such an integral part of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)