|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Alving taking to the young master?
2. What does Manders carry in his hand?
3. What will Regina have plenty of if she goes to live with Engstrand?
4. Who does Engstrand want to take home with him?
5. What does Regina ask Engstrand to stop doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Engstrand want to be seen as an angel of salvation?
2. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
3. What does Oswald tell Manders about his work as a painter?
4. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
5. What does Oswald ask his mother to do for him?
6. How does Regina say she has been brought up?
7. What is wrong with Oswald?
8. How does Engstrand justify lying to Manders?
9. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
10. Why is Mrs. Alving building a memorial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the play and helps to express character and theme.
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)