Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Regina have plenty of if she goes to live with Engstrand?
2. What does Manders carry in his hand?
3. What kind of woman does Mrs. Alving say she is not?
4. Where did Manders hear that Oswald was back?
5. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Engstrand want to be seen as an angel of salvation?
2. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
3. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
4. Why does Manders think it is a bad idea to insure the orphanage?
5. Why is Mrs. Alving building a memorial?
6. What does Oswald think his mother's opinion that a child should love his father is nothing but a superstition?
7. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
8. What does Manders think has made Mrs. Alving unhappy?
9. How does Regina say she has been brought up?
10. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
Look at the structure of the play.
1) How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2) Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the play's themes?
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)