|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Engstrand want to take home with him?
2. What derogatory word does Engstrand call Regina?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say her and Manders are?
4. What does Maders think is rampant in artistic circles?
5. Who needs Regina to stay around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mrs. Alving helped Regina?
2. Why is Mrs. Alving building a memorial?
3. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
4. Summarize the play.
5. What does Oswald ask his mother to do for him?
6. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
7. Why does Oswald think that Engstrand's building will burn down?
8. Why does Oswald say he is not shocked about the revelation about his father?
9. What does Mrs. Alving say Oswald's father was like in the old days?
10. How does Engstrand say Manders can repay him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)