|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Oswald travel from?
2. How can Engstrand prove he is Regina's father?
3. How is Engstrand getting home?
4. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
5. What is the young master's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mrs. Alving helped Regina?
2. Summarize the play.
3. Why does Regina refuse to go home with her father?
4. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
5. Why did Mrs. Alving never tell Oswald about the person his father really was?
6. How does Engstrand get money from Manders?
7. How was Mrs. Alving's husband a sham?
8. What does Oswald ask his mother to do for him?
9. Why Regina say she cannot stay in the house?
10. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the time period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)