|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Engstrand say will stand Regina in good stead?
2. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
3. Why does Regina not want Engstrand to clump about?
4. When does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is a good worker?
5. What kind of person does Regina not want to marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Engstrand say Manders can repay him?
2. Why did Mrs. Alving never tell Oswald about the person his father really was?
3. Why Regina say she cannot stay in the house?
4. Why does Oswald think his illness is so appalling?
5. How does Engstrand justify lying to Manders?
6. Why does Mrs. Alving think she was a coward to marry her husband?
7. Why does Engstrand say he cannot conduct the prayers himself?
8. What do Manders and Mrs. Alving hear from the dining room?
9. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
10. What is the story of Regina's illegitimate birth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Manders and Mrs. Alving.
1) In what ways are they similar people?
2) Why did they never develop a relationship? How would their lives been different if they did marry?
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henrik Ibsen's life. In what way is his life and personality reflected in the play? In what ways is he like or unlike his characters?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)