|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manders say he disapproves of?
2. Where is Manders going to sleep?
3. What city did Oswald travel from?
4. Who would the eating house cater for?
5. What tragic accident almost happened at the orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Alving and Manders' relationship while Mr. Alving was alive?
2. How does Engstrand justify lying to Manders?
3. Why Regina say she cannot stay in the house?
4. Why does Mrs. Alving think she was a coward to marry her husband?
5. How does Engstrand say Manders can repay him?
6. Why did Mrs. Alving send Oswald to school at such an early age?
7. What does Manders think has made Mrs. Alving unhappy?
8. Why does Mrs. Alving think that Oswald's father's life was wasted?
9. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
10. Why does Oswald say he is not shocked about the revelation about his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)