Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Regina have plenty of if she goes to live with Engstrand?
2. What does Manders carry in his hand?
3. What kind of woman does Mrs. Alving say she is not?
4. Where did Manders hear that Oswald was back?
5. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Engstrand want to be seen as an angel of salvation?
2. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
3. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
4. Why does Manders think it is a bad idea to insure the orphanage?
5. Why is Mrs. Alving building a memorial?
6. What does Oswald think his mother's opinion that a child should love his father is nothing but a superstition?
7. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
8. What does Manders think has made Mrs. Alving unhappy?
9. How does Regina say she has been brought up?
10. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following people and outline their influence on Oswald's life.
1) His father
2) His mother
4) The Pastor
Essay Topic 2
What are Ibsen's views on religion? How does he express his views in the play? What part did religion play in 1880s European society?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)