|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Engstrand prove he is Regina's father?
2. Which of the following cities has Oswald lived in?
3. What does Manders carry in his hand?
4. Where does Engstrand say he can get a house?
5. What does Manders say he disapproves of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Oswald think his illness is so appalling?
2. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
3. What does Oswald tell Manders about his work as a painter?
4. Why does Engstrand think the burning down of the orphanage is such bad luck?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Oswald's father was like in the old days?
6. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
7. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
8. How was Mrs. Alving's husband a sham?
9. Describe the setting of Ghosts.
10. How did Manders cause the fire?
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between a film and a play in terms of the following?
2) Character development
Essay Topic 2
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's chronological setting.
1) What were the main concerns during the 1880s? How does the author express these concerns?
2) How would the author change the novel if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)