|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manders say Regina's father does not have?
2. Where did the fire start?
3. What does Regina fan herself with?
4. What does Manders carry in his hand?
5. Who does Engstrand want to take home with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
2. How does Regina react to hearing that Mr. Alving was her father?
3. How was Mrs. Alving's husband a sham?
4. What do Manders and Mrs. Alving hear from the dining room?
5. How does Engstrand say Manders can repay him?
6. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
7. What kind of establishment does Engstrand want to open?
8. How does Mrs. Alving react to the fire?
9. What does Mrs. Alving think about her sons relationship with Regina?
10. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
Essay Topic 1
Examine sex in the play.
1) How do the characters in the play view sex?
2) What does the representation of sex say about 1880s society?
3) How did the public react to the novel's representation when it was first published? How would the public react to a similar book today?
Essay Topic 2
Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 3
Examine the play's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)