|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manders carry in his hand?
2. What is Mr. Alving's Court title?
3. Why does Regina not want Engstrand to clump about?
4. What does Regina fan herself with?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is careless with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Engstrand?
2. How does Engstrand say Manders can repay him?
3. Why does Regina refuse to go home with her father?
4. What kind of establishment does Engstrand want to open?
5. What did Engstrand see Manders do with the candle?
6. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
7. Why does Mrs. Alving think that Oswald's father's life was wasted?
8. How does Regina react to hearing that Mr. Alving was her father?
9. Describe the setting of Ghosts.
10. How does Regina say she has been brought up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ghosts greatly influenced modern literature and theater. Choose a book or play that you think was influenced by Ghosts and discuss their similarities in terms of the following:
Essay Topic 2
Examine the play's reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the play differ? Was the play more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Oswald's illness affects one of the following areas in his life:
2) Social life
3) Intimate relationships
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)