|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
2. What does Regina fan herself with?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is careless with?
4. Which character works as a carpenter?
5. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say is the cause of trouble in the world?
2. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
3. Why is Manders unsure whether he can help fund Engstrands new business?
4. Describe the room the play takes place in?
5. Who is Engstrand?
6. What does Oswald tell Manders about his work as a painter?
7. How was Mrs. Alving's husband a sham?
8. How does Engstrand get money from Manders?
9. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
10. Why does Mrs. Alving think she was a coward to marry her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare European and American culture.
1) What are the differences between the two cultures?
2) In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
3) How would the author represent European culture and Norwegians if the play was released today?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and examine it what expresses about 1880s society.
1) Sexual desire
Essay Topic 3
Compare Regina's character to the person she is at the beginning of the play to the person she is at the end of the play.
1) What does Regina hope to achieve at the start of the play?
2) What events changes Regina's ideas about life?
3) What does the author suggest will be Regina's future?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)