|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Oswald travel from?
2. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
(a) Take drugs
(b) Smoke a pipe
(c) Drink coffee
(d) Eat chillies
3. Where does Regina say she would like to live?
(a) In a city
(b) Near the sea
(c) In the town
(d) In a village
4. What does Manders say Regina's father needs?
(a) Someone to nurse him
(b) Someone to laugh with
(c) Someone to cling to
(d) Someone to talk to
5. Who does Mrs. Alving say Oswald has a corner in his heart for?
(b) His dog
(c) His mother
(d) His sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
2. What part of Norway does the play take place?
3. What is on top of the round table?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is careless with?
5. What is Mrs. Alving taking to the young master?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
2. What is wrong with Oswald?
3. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
4. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
5. Summarize the play.
6. How does Regina react to hearing that Mr. Alving was her father?
7. Why does Regina refuse to go home with her father?
8. Why does Oswald think his illness is so appalling?
9. Why does Mrs. Alving think Regina is going to go into ruin?
10. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)