|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
(a) A servant
(b) A spinster
(c) A lady
(d) A maiden
2. What does Mrs. Alving say her and Manders are?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders always is?
4. How can Engstrand prove he is Regina's father?
(a) Through her mother
(b) Through the register
(c) Through a blood test
(d) Through witnesses
5. What part of Norway does the play take place?
(a) Southern Norway
(b) Eastern Norway
(c) Western Norway
(d) Northern Norway
Short Answer Questions
1. What derogatory word does Engstrand call Regina?
2. What city did Oswald travel from?
3. What does Manders say Engstrand comes to him like?
4. What does Engstrand say will stand Regina in good stead?
5. What is Oswald's job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is wrong with Oswald?
2. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
3. What does Oswald tell Manders about his work as a painter?
4. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
5. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
6. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
7. What is the story of Regina's illegitimate birth?
8. Why did Manders send Mrs. Alving back when she ran to him?
9. How does Engstrand justify lying to Manders?
10. How does Regina say she has been brought up?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)