|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
(a) Smoke a pipe
(b) Drink coffee
(c) Take drugs
(d) Eat chillies
2. What does Manders say Regina's father needs?
(a) Someone to cling to
(b) Someone to laugh with
(c) Someone to nurse him
(d) Someone to talk to
3. How is Engstrand getting home?
(a) By bicycle
(b) By boat
(c) By car
(d) By walk
4. Where is the Orphanage attracting a great deal of attention?
(a) In the town
(c) In the government
(d) In the city
5. Who does Engstrand want to take home with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
2. Where is Manders going to sleep?
3. Which of the following cities has Oswald lived in?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say her and Manders are?
5. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Alving never tell Oswald about the person his father really was?
2. How does Engstrand justify lying to Manders?
3. What kind of establishment does Engstrand want to open?
4. What does Manders think has made Mrs. Alving unhappy?
5. What does Oswald blame his illness on?
6. Why does Mrs. Alving think that Oswald's father's life was wasted?
7. Summarize the play.
8. Why does Mrs. Alving think she was a coward to marry her husband?
9. Why does Engstrand think the burning down of the orphanage is such bad luck?
10. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)