|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manders say Engstrand comes to him like?
(a) A beggar
(b) A helpless child
(c) A frail old man
(d) A wounded dog
2. What opens the next day?
(a) An orphanage
(b) A supermarket
(c) A school
(d) A restaurant
3. What kind of person does Regina not want to marry?
4. Where is the Orphanage attracting a great deal of attention?
(a) In the city
(c) In the government
(d) In the town
5. Who does Engstrand want to take home with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Alving's Court title?
2. What city did Oswald travel from?
3. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
4. What tragic accident almost happened at the orphanage?
5. What part of Norway does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Engstrand get money from Manders?
2. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
3. Why does Engstrand want to be seen as an angel of salvation?
4. Who is Engstrand?
5. How does Mrs. Alving react to the fire?
6. Why is Manders so angry with Engstrand?
7. What does Manders think has made Mrs. Alving unhappy?
8. Where had Oswald been living before he came home?
9. Why is Manders unsure whether he can help fund Engstrands new business?
10. What does Oswald think his mother's opinion that a child should love his father is nothing but a superstition?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)