|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders always is?
2. What part of Norway does the play take place?
(a) Northern Norway
(b) Western Norway
(c) Southern Norway
(d) Eastern Norway
3. What is Oswald smoking?
(a) A cigar
(b) A pipe
(c) A cigarette
(d) A joint
4. What kind of woman does Mrs. Alving say she is not?
5. Where is the Orphanage attracting a great deal of attention?
(a) In the city
(c) In the town
(d) In the government
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Manders hear that Oswald was back?
2. Which character works as a carpenter?
3. Who is trying to prevent Engsrand from entering the house?
4. What is Engstrand thinking of putting money into?
5. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say is the cause of trouble in the world?
2. How does Mrs. Alving react to the fire?
3. Why does Mrs. Alving think she was a coward to marry her husband?
4. Who is Engstrand?
5. Why does Mrs. Alving blame Manders for her unhappiness?
6. How is Pastor Manders helping with the building of the orphanage?
7. Why Regina say she cannot stay in the house?
8. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
9. Why does Oswald say he is not shocked about the revelation about his father?
10. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)