|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character works as a carpenter?
2. What does Manders say Engstrand comes to him like?
(a) A beggar
(b) A helpless child
(c) A frail old man
(d) A wounded dog
3. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
(a) Rich people
(d) Poor people
4. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
(a) A hospital
(c) Her grave
5. What caught fire in the carpenter's shop?
(a) A table
(b) A wooden beam
(c) Wood shavings
(d) A door
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
2. What does Manders say Regina's father needs?
3. What does Manders carry in his hand?
4. What does Engstrand say will stand Regina in good stead?
5. What has Mr. Manders left at the village shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Alving want the orphanage insured?
2. What is the story of Regina's illegitimate birth?
3. Why does Engstrand say he cannot conduct the prayers himself?
4. Describe the room the play takes place in?
5. What does Pastor Manders have against the books Mrs. Alving reads?
6. Why does Mrs. Alving think Engstrand married Joanna?
7. What does Oswald think his mother's opinion that a child should love his father is nothing but a superstition?
8. Why is Engstrand surprised that Manders knows the truth about Joanna?
9. What disaster happens at the end of the act?
10. Why does Mrs. Alving think that Oswald's father's life was wasted?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)