|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) The weather is bad
(b) He is feeling ill
(c) He is on holiday
(d) He cannot concentrate
2. What does Manders say Mrs. Alving's thoughts are the outcome of?
(c) A poor marriage
3. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
(d) Single mothers
4. What has Mrs. Alving built up in her son's mind?
(a) An unhappy reality
(b) He should be a painter
(c) Sharp intelligence
(d) A happy illusion
5. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
(a) The damp
(d) The flu
6. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's ideals about his father
(b) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(c) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(d) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
7. What does Oswald say has broken down?
(a) His bank account
(b) His body
(c) His mind
(d) His car
8. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
(a) The stool
(b) The couch
(c) The armchair
(d) The table
9. How does Mrs. Alving want Oswald to speak?
10. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
(b) The city
(d) The town
11. Who knocks at the door?
(a) Mr. Alving
12. What does Oswald say he is finishing?
(a) His pipe
(b) His painting
(c) His cigar
(d) His book
13. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
(b) Mr. Alving
(d) His father
14. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
15. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
(a) His love handles
(b) His hairs
(c) His heart strings
(d) His ears
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
2. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
3. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
4. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
5. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)