|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
(a) Mr. Alving
(c) His father
2. Who does Mrs. Alving say she should have taken into her confidence?
3. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
(a) The table
(b) The armchair
(c) The stool
(d) The couch
4. Who does Engstrand think a man should raise up?
(a) The Godless
(b) The down trodden
(d) The fallen
5. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has a crooked leg
(b) He has one eye
(c) He has one arm
(d) He has no hair
6. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A peaceful loving one
(b) A rich high principled one
(c) A poor erring one
(d) A Godly one
7. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
(a) A poor common man
(b) A drunkard
(c) A father
(d) A construction worker
8. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
9. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
(a) The town
(d) The city
10. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
11. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He cannot concentrate
(c) The weather is bad
(d) He is on holiday
12. What does Engstrand say is not worth talking about?
(a) His work ethic
(b) His belief in God
(c) His conscience
(d) His daughter
13. What does Manders say Mrs. Alving's thoughts are the outcome of?
(c) A poor marriage
14. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
15. Where has Manders gone to?
(a) The church
(b) The eating house
(c) The orphanage
(d) The drinking house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
2. Who does Mrs. Alving say made her begin to think?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
4. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)