|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) His Sunday clothers
(b) An artist's smock
(c) Shorts and t-shirt
(d) Clerical clothing
2. What room does Mrs. Alving come out from?
(a) The drawing room
(b) The kitchen
(c) The dining room
(d) The games room
3. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A Godly one
(b) A rich high principled one
(c) A poor erring one
(d) A peaceful loving one
4. What is Mrs. Alving frightened that she is in the presence of?
5. Where has Manders gone to?
(a) The church
(b) The orphanage
(c) The eating house
(d) The drinking house
6. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
(b) His father
(c) Mr. Alving
7. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
8. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
9. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(b) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(c) Oswald's ideals about his father
(d) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
10. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
(a) The alcohol
(b) The smokes
(d) His sleeping habits
11. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
(a) A big baby
(b) An innocent child
(c) A spoiled brat
(d) A teenager
12. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(c) A horse
(d) A house
13. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(a) Fell in love
(b) Learned French
(d) Started work
14. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
(b) Single mothers
15. What does Oswald say he is finishing?
(a) His painting
(b) His book
(c) His pipe
(d) His cigar
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mrs. Alving built up in her son's mind?
2. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
3. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
4. What does Engstrand think a man should keep?
5. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)