|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
2. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
(a) The stool
(b) The table
(c) The armchair
(d) The couch
3. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
(a) The window panes
(b) The floor boards
(c) The walls
(d) The doors
4. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
(c) Single mothers
5. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
(a) The help of his daughter
(b) Regina's hand in marriage
(c) To pardon him
(d) To ask him a question
6. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
7. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) He cannot concentrate
(c) The weather is bad
(d) He is on holiday
8. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
9. What does Engstrand say his conscience is sometimes?
10. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
(b) The damp
(c) The flu
11. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
(a) Marry Regina
(b) You are not a talented painter
(c) Marry only for love
(d) Leave for Paris
12. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
(a) Good looking men
(c) Younger men
(d) Older men
13. What does Oswald say he is finishing?
(a) His pipe
(b) His book
(c) His painting
(d) His cigar
14. What does Manders say Mrs. Alving's thoughts are the outcome of?
(a) A poor marriage
15. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(c) A horse
(d) A house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say everyone is afraid of?
2. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
3. Who does Engstrand think a man should raise up?
4. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
5. What does Mrs. Alving want to struggle for?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)