|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Alving say she should have taken into her confidence?
2. What does Engstrand say his conscience is sometimes?
3. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A rich high principled one
(b) A poor erring one
(c) A peaceful loving one
(d) A Godly one
4. What does Oswald say has broken down?
(a) His bank account
(b) His body
(c) His mind
(d) His car
5. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
(a) His sleeping habits
(b) The smokes
(d) The alcohol
6. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
(a) Leave for Paris
(b) Marry Regina
(c) You are not a talented painter
(d) Marry only for love
7. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Argue with her husband
(c) Tell the truth about her husband
(d) Leave her husband
8. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
9. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) Clerical clothing
(b) His Sunday clothers
(c) An artist's smock
(d) Shorts and t-shirt
10. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
(a) The damp
(d) The flu
11. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
(a) The walls
(b) The doors
(c) The floor boards
(d) The window panes
12. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
13. Why has Oswald decided to stay in?
(a) The weather is bad
(b) He has a cold
(c) He wants to sleep
(d) He has work to do
14. Who should a child love and honor?
(b) His parents
(c) His home country
(d) His siblings
15. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
(b) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(c) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(d) Oswald's ideals about his father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving want to struggle for?
2. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
3. Where does Mrs. Alving tell Regina to go?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
5. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)