|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) He cannot concentrate
(b) He is on holiday
(c) He is feeling ill
(d) The weather is bad
2. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(b) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
(c) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(d) Oswald's ideals about his father
3. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(a) A horse
(c) A house
4. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
5. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
6. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
(a) The dentist
(b) His best friend
(c) The doctor
(d) His lover
7. What room is Oswald in?
(a) The dining room
(b) The games room
(c) The drawing room
(d) The conservatory
8. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
9. Where has Manders gone to?
(a) The drinking house
(b) The eating house
(c) The church
(d) The orphanage
10. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
(a) The help of his daughter
(b) To ask him a question
(c) Regina's hand in marriage
(d) To pardon him
11. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
(a) His money
(b) His sweater
(c) His hat
(d) His hand
12. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
13. Who should a child love and honor?
(a) His home country
(b) His siblings
(d) His parents
14. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
(b) Earth worms
(c) Bits of soil
(d) Grains of sand
15. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) Clerical clothing
(b) Shorts and t-shirt
(c) An artist's smock
(d) His Sunday clothers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Alving say Oswald should be careful with?
2. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. Why has Oswald decided to stay in?
5. What room does Mrs. Alving come out from?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)