|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has no hair
(b) He has a crooked leg
(c) He has one eye
(d) He has one arm
2. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
(a) The dentist
(b) His lover
(c) His best friend
(d) The doctor
3. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) The weather is bad
(b) He is on holiday
(c) He cannot concentrate
(d) He is feeling ill
4. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
5. What does Mrs. Alving think is at the bottom of the world's problems?
(b) Love and marriage
(d) Law and order
6. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
(a) Mr. Alving
(c) His father
7. What is Mrs. Alving frightened that she is in the presence of?
8. Who does Mrs. Alving say made her begin to think?
(d) Her husband
9. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
10. Who should a child love and honor?
(a) His siblings
(c) His parents
(d) His home country
11. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
(a) A Spunky woman
(b) A Miserable woman
(c) A Feminine woman
(d) A Hateful woman
12. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
13. What has Mrs. Alving built up in her son's mind?
(a) He should be a painter
(b) Sharp intelligence
(c) An unhappy reality
(d) A happy illusion
14. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
(a) Bits of soil
(b) Earth worms
(c) Grains of sand
15. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say she would like to do for Manders?
2. What is Engstrand dressed in?
3. What does Engstrand say his conscience is sometimes?
4. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
5. Where has Manders gone to?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)