|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think is at the bottom of the world's problems?
(b) Law and order
(c) Love and marriage
2. What room does Mrs. Alving come out from?
(a) The dining room
(b) The games room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The drawing room
3. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
(a) A Hateful woman
(b) A Feminine woman
(c) A Spunky woman
(d) A Miserable woman
4. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has one eye
(b) He has a crooked leg
(c) He has no hair
(d) He has one arm
5. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
(a) A drunkard
(b) A construction worker
(c) A father
(d) A poor common man
6. What does Engstrand think a man should keep?
(a) His word of honor
(b) His job
(c) His children
(d) His God fearing soul
7. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
(a) To ask him a question
(b) The help of his daughter
(c) Regina's hand in marriage
(d) To pardon him
8. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
9. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
(a) His ears
(b) His love handles
(c) His hairs
(d) His heart strings
10. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) Shorts and t-shirt
(b) Clerical clothing
(c) His Sunday clothers
(d) An artist's smock
11. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
12. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(a) Fell in love
(b) Started work
(c) Learned French
13. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
(c) Single mothers
14. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
(b) The flu
(c) The damp
15. How does Mrs. Alving want Oswald to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
2. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
3. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
4. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)