|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has one arm
(b) He has one eye
(c) He has a crooked leg
(d) He has no hair
2. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A Godly one
(b) A peaceful loving one
(c) A rich high principled one
(d) A poor erring one
3. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(a) A horse
(d) A house
4. What is Mrs. Alving frightened that she is in the presence of?
5. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
6. What country was the man from who Joanna had an affair with?
7. What is Mrs. Alving's first name?
8. What does Engstrand say his conscience is sometimes?
9. What has Mrs. Alving built up in her son's mind?
(a) An unhappy reality
(b) A happy illusion
(c) He should be a painter
(d) Sharp intelligence
10. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
(a) His hat
(b) His money
(c) His sweater
(d) His hand
11. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(b) Learned French
(c) Started work
(d) Fell in love
12. What does Engstrand think a man should keep?
(a) His children
(b) His word of honor
(c) His job
(d) His God fearing soul
13. Who does Engstrand think a man should raise up?
(a) The Godless
(c) The down trodden
(d) The fallen
14. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
(a) A father
(b) A poor common man
(c) A drunkard
(d) A construction worker
15. Who knocks at the door?
(d) Mr. Alving
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
2. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
4. What does Mrs. Alving tap on?
5. Where has Manders gone to?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)