|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
(a) To ask him a question
(b) Regina's hand in marriage
(c) The help of his daughter
(d) To pardon him
2. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
(b) Oswald's ideals about his father
(c) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(d) Oswald's ideals about his mother
3. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has one eye
(b) He has no hair
(c) He has a crooked leg
(d) He has one arm
4. Who does Engstrand say men should not judge too harshly?
5. What room does Mrs. Alving come out from?
(a) The dining room
(b) The drawing room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The games room
6. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
7. Where has Manders gone to?
(a) The eating house
(b) The drinking house
(c) The church
(d) The orphanage
8. What does Mrs. Alving say everyone is afraid of?
(d) The light
9. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
(a) His money
(b) His hand
(c) His sweater
(d) His hat
10. What does Engstrand want to finish his work at the orphanage with?
(b) A party
(c) A sing song
(d) A feast
11. Who does Mrs. Alving say made her begin to think?
(c) Her husband
12. What does Mrs. Alving think is at the bottom of the world's problems?
(c) Law and order
(d) Love and marriage
13. What does Oswald say has broken down?
(a) His bank account
(b) His car
(c) His body
(d) His mind
14. Who does Oswald say he learned the truth from?
(a) His best friend
(b) The dentist
(c) His lover
(d) The doctor
15. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) He is on holiday
(b) He cannot concentrate
(c) He is feeling ill
(d) The weather is bad
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Engstrand say he did not accept from his wife?
2. Where does Mrs. Alving tell Regina to go?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)