|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Argue with her husband
(c) Leave her husband
(d) Tell the truth about her husband
2. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(b) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
(c) Oswald's ideals about his father
(d) Oswald's dream to become a painter
3. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(a) A house
(b) A horse
4. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
(a) Bits of soil
(c) Earth worms
(d) Grains of sand
5. What does Engstrand ask Manders to grant him?
(a) The help of his daughter
(b) To ask him a question
(c) To pardon him
(d) Regina's hand in marriage
6. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
(a) Marry only for love
(b) Leave for Paris
(c) You are not a talented painter
(d) Marry Regina
7. Who should a child love and honor?
(b) His siblings
(c) His home country
(d) His parents
8. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
(b) Mr. Alving
(d) His father
9. Where does Mrs. Alving tell Regina to go?
(a) The bathroom
(b) The kitchen
(c) The laundry
(d) The drawing room
10. What does Manders say Mrs. Alving's thoughts are the outcome of?
(c) A poor marriage
11. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
(b) The town
(d) The city
12. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A rich high principled one
(b) A Godly one
(c) A peaceful loving one
(d) A poor erring one
13. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) The weather is bad
(b) He cannot concentrate
(c) He is on holiday
(d) He is feeling ill
14. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders will always remain?
(a) A spoiled brat
(b) An innocent child
(c) A big baby
(d) A teenager
15. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(b) Fell in love
(c) Started work
(d) Learned French
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
2. What is Engstrand dressed in?
3. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
4. What does Engstrand say his conscience is sometimes?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say everyone is afraid of?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)