|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
(a) Leave her husband
(b) Fall in love
(c) Argue with her husband
(d) Tell the truth about her husband
2. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
(c) Mrs. Alving
3. What does Mrs. Alving say she would like to do for Manders?
(a) Give him a kiss
(b) Give him a hug
(c) Take him upstairs
(d) Give him a pat on the shoulder
4. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
5. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
6. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
(a) The stool
(b) The couch
(c) The table
(d) The armchair
7. Why has Oswald decided to stay in?
(a) He has work to do
(b) He wants to sleep
(c) The weather is bad
(d) He has a cold
8. Who should a child love and honor?
(a) His home country
(b) His siblings
(c) His parents
9. What does Maders say Oswald has not many of?
10. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
(a) The town
(c) The city
11. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(a) A horse
(d) A house
12. What is Mrs. Alving frightened that she is in the presence of?
13. What does Mrs. Alving say ghosts are as countless as?
(b) Grains of sand
(c) Bits of soil
(d) Earth worms
14. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) The weather is bad
(b) He cannot concentrate
(c) He is on holiday
(d) He is feeling ill
15. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) Clerical clothing
(b) An artist's smock
(c) Shorts and t-shirt
(d) His Sunday clothers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Engstrand want to establish a home for?
2. What does Mandars ask Engstrand to give him?
3. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
4. What does Mrs. Alving think is at the bottom of the world's problems?
5. What does Oswald say has broken down?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)