|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mander say Mrs. Alving should not shatter?
(a) Oswald's ideals about his mother
(b) Oswald's ideals about his father
(c) Oswald's dream to become a painter
(d) Oswald's dream to find the perfect woman
2. Why did Joanna never look at Engstrand?
(a) He has a crooked leg
(b) He has no hair
(c) He has one eye
(d) He has one arm
3. How does Mrs. Alving want Oswald to speak?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(a) Learned French
(b) Fell in love
(d) Started work
5. What did Mr. Manders prepare Regina for?
6. What does Mrs. Alving say that she never had the courage to do?
(a) Fall in love
(b) Leave her husband
(c) Argue with her husband
(d) Tell the truth about her husband
7. Where does Manders think Regina should go?
(c) The town
(d) The city
8. What was Joanna given to hold her tongue?
(b) A house
(d) A horse
9. Who did Jonana have eyes for when she first got into town?
(a) Younger men
(c) Good looking men
(d) Older men
10. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
(b) The flu
(c) The damp
11. Who should a child love and honor?
(b) His home country
(c) His parents
(d) His siblings
12. What is Mrs. Alving's first name?
13. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
(a) A poor common man
(b) A drunkard
(c) A construction worker
(d) A father
14. What was the name of Engstrand's wife?
15. What does Engstrand say he did not accept from his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What room does Mrs. Alving come out from?
2. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
3. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
4. What room is Oswald in?
5. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)