|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Oswald unable to work?
(a) He is feeling ill
(b) The weather is bad
(c) He is on holiday
(d) He cannot concentrate
2. What does Mrs. Alving say she would say to her son if she was not such a coward?
(a) You are not a talented painter
(b) Marry Regina
(c) Leave for Paris
(d) Marry only for love
3. What is Mrs. Alving frightened that she is in the presence of?
4. Who does Engstrand say men should not judge too harshly?
5. What does Mrs. Alving say Regina did very early?
(a) Started work
(b) Fell in love
(d) Learned French
6. Who does Engstrand want to speak to?
(d) Mrs. Alving
7. What kind of mortal does Engstrand say he is?
(a) A poor erring one
(b) A Godly one
(c) A rich high principled one
(d) A peaceful loving one
8. What does Mr. Engstrand say is the only thing he is?
(a) A construction worker
(b) A father
(c) A drunkard
(d) A poor common man
9. What does Oswald say has broken down?
(a) His mind
(b) His car
(c) His body
(d) His bank account
10. What kind of woman does Manders say Joanna is?
11. What is Engstrand dressed in?
(a) Shorts and t-shirt
(b) Clerical clothing
(c) His Sunday clothers
(d) An artist's smock
12. Who does Mrs. Alving say she should have taken into her confidence?
13. What does Manders call Mrs. Alving?
(a) A Spunky woman
(b) A Feminine woman
(c) A Miserable woman
(d) A Hateful woman
14. What does Engstrand say Regina is holding him by?
(a) His hairs
(b) His heart strings
(c) His ears
(d) His love handles
15. Where does Oswald ask his mother if he can sit?
(a) The couch
(b) The stool
(c) The table
(d) The armchair
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Alving want Oswald to speak?
2. Who is the poor girl Mrs. Alving refers to?
3. What does Oswald say the alcohol protects him against?
4. Who does Manders say he achieved victory over?
5. What does Oswald tell his mother he can't do anymore?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)