|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cities has Oswald lived in?
2. What is under the sole of Engstrand's book?
(a) A piece of plastic
(b) A piece of wood
(c) A cat's tail
(d) Some money
3. What is Oswald's job?
(a) A lawyer
(b) A writer
(c) A journalist
(d) A painter
4. Where does Engstrand say he can get a house?
(a) Oslo Road
(b) Little Harbour Street
(c) Fjord Street
(d) Park Lane
5. Who is the rain splendid for?
6. Where is Manders going to sleep?
(a) Mrs. Alving's house
(b) The village shop
(c) His sister's house
(d) His brother's house
7. What part of Norway does the play take place?
(a) Eastern Norway
(b) Northern Norway
(c) Southern Norway
(d) Western Norway
8. What has Mr. Manders left at the village shop?
(a) His business papers
(b) His luggage
(c) His passport
(d) His wife
9. Who is trying to prevent Engsrand from entering the house?
10. What does Manders say he disapproves of?
(a) Mrs. Alving's magazines
(b) Oswald's life in Paris
(c) Mrs. Alving's books
(d) The Young Master's laziness
11. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders always is?
12. Why does Regina not like living away from the town?
(a) It is distracting
(b) It is too cold
(c) There are no interesting people
(d) It is lonely
13. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
(b) A hospital
(d) Her grave
14. What is Oswald smoking?
(a) A cigar
(b) A cigarette
(c) A pipe
(d) A joint
15. What is the young master's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
2. What does Maders think is rampant in artistic circles?
3. What is Engstrand making an effort to do?
4. What is Engstrand's first name?
5. What kind of person does Regina not want to marry?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)