|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opens the next day?
(a) A school
(b) A restaurant
(c) A supermarket
(d) An orphanage
2. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
(a) Rich people
(d) Poor people
3. What does Manders carry in his hand?
(a) A walking stick
(b) A suitcase
(c) An umbrella
(d) A hat
4. What does Regina fan herself with?
(a) A fan
(b) A hankerchief
(c) A magazine
(d) A flyer
5. What is Engstrand making an effort to do?
(a) Get together with his daughter
(b) Live a blameless life
(c) Stop drinking
(d) Attend church
6. What is Mr. Alving's Court title?
7. Which character works as a carpenter?
8. What does Engstrand call the children Regina has to look after?
(a) Rug rats
(b) Nasty rats
(c) Petty toddlers
(d) Dirty brats
9. Where does Engstrand say he can get a house?
(a) Fjord Street
(b) Park Lane
(c) Oslo Road
(d) Little Harbour Street
10. What is on top of the round table?
(a) Books and magazines
(b) Glasses and napkins
(c) A baby's cot
(d) Plates and cutlery
11. Where did the fire start?
(a) The carpenter's
(b) The baker's
(c) The drinking house
(d) The butcher's
12. What does Regina ask Engstrand to stop doing?
13. Why does Regina not want Engstrand to clump about?
(a) She wants to listen to the radio
(b) She has a headache
(c) The young master is asleep
(d) It sounds horrible
14. What does Maders think is rampant in artistic circles?
(a) Fun living
15. What is Engstrand thinking of putting money into?
(a) An eating house
(b) A hotel
(c) A drinking house
(d) An orphanage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manders say he disapproves of?
2. Who needs Regina to stay around?
3. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
4. What is Mrs. Alving taking to the young master?
5. Where is Manders going to sleep?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)