|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is under the sole of Engstrand's book?
(a) A cat's tail
(b) A piece of wood
(c) A piece of plastic
(d) Some money
2. What does Manders carry in his hand?
(a) A hat
(b) An umbrella
(c) A walking stick
(d) A suitcase
3. What does Engstrand call the children Regina has to look after?
(a) Petty toddlers
(b) Dirty brats
(c) Nasty rats
(d) Rug rats
4. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
(b) Her grave
(d) A hospital
5. What is Engstrand thinking of putting money into?
(a) An orphanage
(b) A hotel
(c) A drinking house
(d) An eating house
6. What does Regina ask Engstrand to stop doing?
7. Where is Regina going to work?
(a) The orphanage
(b) The tourist center
(c) The library
(d) The eating house
8. What kind of person does Regina not want to marry?
9. What does Manders say Regina's father does not have?
(a) A strong body
(b) A lively soul
(c) A strong character
(d) A good spirit
10. Why does Regina not want Engstrand to clump about?
(a) She wants to listen to the radio
(b) She has a headache
(c) The young master is asleep
(d) It sounds horrible
11. What does Manders say Engstrand comes to him like?
(a) A wounded dog
(b) A beggar
(c) A helpless child
(d) A frail old man
12. Which character works as a carpenter?
13. How is Engstrand getting home?
(a) By boat
(b) By walk
(c) By bicycle
(d) By car
14. What does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is careless with?
(a) Fire logs
15. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
(a) A servant
(b) A spinster
(c) A maiden
(d) A lady
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic accident almost happened at the orphanage?
2. Where is Manders going to sleep?
3. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders always is?
4. What caught fire in the carpenter's shop?
5. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)