|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
(a) Eat chillies
(b) Drink coffee
(c) Smoke a pipe
(d) Take drugs
2. What is Engstrand thinking of putting money into?
(a) A drinking house
(b) An orphanage
(c) A hotel
(d) An eating house
3. What does Regina ask Engstrand to stop doing?
4. Which of the following cities has Oswald lived in?
5. What does Manders say Regina's father needs?
(a) Someone to cling to
(b) Someone to nurse him
(c) Someone to laugh with
(d) Someone to talk to
6. What does Mrs. Alving say Manders always is?
7. Who does Mrs. Alving say Oswald has a corner in his heart for?
(b) His sister
(c) His mother
(d) His dog
8. How is Engstrand getting home?
(a) By walk
(b) By bicycle
(c) By car
(d) By boat
9. When does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is a good worker?
(a) After midnight
(b) When he is offered a lot of money
(c) When he is sober
(d) After he has had a woman
10. What has Mr. Manders left at the village shop?
(a) His wife
(b) His business papers
(c) His passport
(d) His luggage
11. What tragic accident almost happened at the orphanage?
(a) A flood
(b) A crash
(c) A death
(d) A fire
12. Why does Regina not want Engstrand to clump about?
(a) The young master is asleep
(b) She has a headache
(c) She wants to listen to the radio
(d) It sounds horrible
13. Where does Regina say she would like to live?
(a) Near the sea
(b) In a village
(c) In the town
(d) In a city
14. Which character works as a carpenter?
15. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
(b) Poor people
(c) Rich people
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Engstrand prove he is Regina's father?
2. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
3. What does Regina say Engstrand worried her mother into?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say her and Manders are?
5. What kind of woman does Mrs. Alving say she is not?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)