|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Engstrand making an effort to do?
(a) Live a blameless life
(b) Stop drinking
(c) Get together with his daughter
(d) Attend church
2. What does Oswald remember his father allowing him to do?
(a) Take drugs
(b) Smoke a pipe
(c) Eat chillies
(d) Drink coffee
3. What does Regina say she has been brought up to be?
(a) A servant
(b) A spinster
(c) A lady
(d) A maiden
4. What is Oswald smoking?
(a) A pipe
(b) A joint
(c) A cigarette
(d) A cigar
5. Who does Mrs. Alving say Oswald has a corner in his heart for?
(a) His mother
(b) His dog
(c) His sister
6. What is the young master's surname?
7. What does Engstrand call the children Regina has to look after?
(a) Petty toddlers
(b) Rug rats
(c) Nasty rats
(d) Dirty brats
8. What does Manders take out of the envelope?
(a) A check
(b) The deeds
(c) A birthday card
9. When does Mrs. Alving say Engstrand is a good worker?
(a) When he is sober
(b) After he has had a woman
(c) After midnight
(d) When he is offered a lot of money
10. Who does Manders say thinks little about farmers?
(b) Poor people
(c) Rich people
11. What does Regina fan herself with?
(a) A magazine
(b) A hankerchief
(c) A fan
(d) A flyer
12. What is under the sole of Engstrand's book?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) A cat's tail
(c) A piece of plastic
(d) Some money
13. Where is the Orphanage attracting a great deal of attention?
(a) In the city
(b) In the town
(c) In the government
14. What tragic accident almost happened at the orphanage?
(a) A crash
(b) A fire
(c) A death
(d) A flood
15. Who is the rain splendid for?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Engstrand prove he is Regina's father?
2. Where does Engstrand say he can get a house?
3. What is Engstrand's first name?
4. What does Mrs. Alving say her and Manders are?
5. Who needs Regina to stay around?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)