Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
2. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
3. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
Essay Topic 1
What was author Steve Coll referring to when he noted an adviser to Ahmed Shah Massoud recalled a roughly translated Afghan phrase that went, "'Your mouth cannot be sweet when you talk about honey; you must have honey in your mouth'"?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Central Intelligence Agency shape the jihad against the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 1980s?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)