|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
2. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
3. The CIA prevented surprise attacks through analysis of information they distributed in reports to avoid what?
4. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
5. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
3. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
6. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
7. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
8. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
9. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
10. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the methods and means employed by this CIA to disrupt, capture, and kill Osama bin Laden subsequent to his return to Afghanistan in the late 1990s?
Essay Topic 2
What was the "hermetic culture" the FBI had become infamous for by the beginning 1990s? What problems did it cause?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Pakistan become a far different setting in which to conduct covert action subsequent to the anti-Soviet jihad?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)