|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In each case that the Clinton Cabinet considered cruise missile strikes, what was a decisive problem?
2. How did those at Langley react when a Taliban Mig was monitored as it headed straight toward a Predator drone?
3. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
4. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
5. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
2. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
3. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
4. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
5. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
6. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
7. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
8. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
9. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
10. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Taliban begin in 1994 and evolve?
Essay Topic 2
What reasonably should have been expected to have been done differently regarding American policy to al-Qaeda during the months that led up to 11 September 2001?
Essay Topic 3
What was Cull referring to in Chapter 7 when he quoted Frank Anderson as having said, "The Reagan administration had attracted to Washington 'an awful lot of Soldier of Fortune readers'"?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)