|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
2. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
3. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
Essay Topic 1
What was Cull referring to in Chapter 7 when he quoted Frank Anderson as having said, "The Reagan administration had attracted to Washington 'an awful lot of Soldier of Fortune readers'"?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Pakistan become a far different setting in which to conduct covert action subsequent to the anti-Soviet jihad?
Essay Topic 3
What was the new crop of terrorists that American intelligence recognized had emerged by mid-1995?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)