|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
2. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
3. Who met Mahmoud Ahmed in the spring of 2001 and advised Pakistan could do much more in the fight with bin Laden?
4. What is the purpose of the CIA?
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
3. How was Unocal introduced?
4. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
5. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
6. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
7. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
8. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
9. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
10. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was noteworthy about the use of Predator reconnaissance drones?
Essay Topic 2
What was the cable draft that Timothy Carney found when he arrived in Khartoum, Sudan, in November 1996 that appalled him? What was ensured? What was the final outcome of that matter?
Essay Topic 3
What was the "hermetic culture" the FBI had become infamous for by the beginning 1990s? What problems did it cause?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)