|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
2. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
3. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
4. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
5. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
2. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
3. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
4. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
5. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
6. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
7. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
8. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
9. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
10. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the new crop of terrorists that American intelligence recognized had emerged by mid-1995?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 3
What was the new secret two-track policy Peter Tomsen finalized toward the Afghan war subsequent to the Soviet troop withdrawal?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)