|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unocal sent which two individuals to negotiate the pipeline?
2. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
3. After the USS Cole attack, what was Bush's response when asked if terrorist-hosting nations should be subject to retaliation?
4. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
5. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
2. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
3. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
4. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
5. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
6. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
7. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
8. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
9. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
10. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the methods and means employed by this CIA to disrupt, capture, and kill Osama bin Laden subsequent to his return to Afghanistan in the late 1990s?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 3
What reasonably should have been expected to have been done differently regarding American policy to al-Qaeda during the months that led up to 11 September 2001?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)