|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
2. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
3. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
4. What was the response to information provided by Pillar's Counterterrorist Center?
5. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
2. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
3. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
4. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
5. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
6. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
7. How was Unocal introduced?
8. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
9. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
10. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 2
What was the new crop of terrorists that American intelligence recognized had emerged by mid-1995?
Essay Topic 3
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)