|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA prevented surprise attacks through analysis of information they distributed in reports to avoid what?
2. With whom did the Turkmenistan government make their deal?
3. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
4. In 2000, the White House counterterrorism head asked which acquaintance to address the bin Laden intelligence problem?
5. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
2. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
3. How was Unocal introduced?
4. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
5. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
6. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
7. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
8. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
9. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
10. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
Essay Topic 2
What was Cull referring to in Chapter 7 when he quoted Frank Anderson as having said, "The Reagan administration had attracted to Washington 'an awful lot of Soldier of Fortune readers'"?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Taliban begin in 1994 and evolve?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)