|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
2. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
3. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
4. Who was the ISI head from 1998 to 1999?
5. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the new crop of terrorists that American intelligence recognized had emerged by mid-1995?
Essay Topic 2
What was author Steve Coll referring to when he noted an adviser to Ahmed Shah Massoud recalled a roughly translated Afghan phrase that went, "'Your mouth cannot be sweet when you talk about honey; you must have honey in your mouth'"?
Essay Topic 3
What was noteworthy about the use of Predator reconnaissance drones?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)