|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
2. By when had bin Laden moved his operations to the south to Kandahar?
3. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
4. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
5. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
2. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
3. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
4. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
5. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
6. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
7. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
8. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
9. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
10. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the cable draft that Timothy Carney found when he arrived in Khartoum, Sudan, in November 1996 that appalled him? What was ensured? What was the final outcome of that matter?
Essay Topic 2
What was noteworthy about the use of Predator reconnaissance drones?
Essay Topic 3
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)