|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
2. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
3. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
4. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
5. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Unocal introduced?
2. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
3. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
4. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
5. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
6. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
7. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
8. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
9. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
10. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has bin Laden's security consciousness hindered the CIA goal of capturing or killing him?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 3
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)