Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
2. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
3. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance when the CIA re-established contact with Ahmed Shah Massoud in September 1996?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Hekmatyar-Tanai coup attempt? Does the evidence indicate bin Laden's involvement was as a semi-official Saudi intelligence liaison or an independent?
Essay Topic 3
What was the "hermetic culture" the FBI had become infamous for by the beginning 1990s? What problems did it cause?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)