|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA and State Department issued what alert shortly after bin Laden helped publish a joint manifesto?
2. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
3. Which two al-Qaeda operatives arrested around the 2000 New Year planned to carry out terrorist attacks?
4. Richard Clarke's White House counterterrorist group usually pressed for what type of tactics against bin Laden?
5. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
2. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
3. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
4. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
5. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
6. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
7. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
8. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
9. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
10. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Taliban begin in 1994 and evolve?
Essay Topic 2
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
Essay Topic 3
What were the methods and means employed by this CIA to disrupt, capture, and kill Osama bin Laden subsequent to his return to Afghanistan in the late 1990s?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)