|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
(a) Infrared electromagnetic spectrum for wireless communications.
(b) Infrared night-vision goggles.
(c) Heat-seeking, tracking equipment that used radar.
(d) Tracking, locating equipment that used satellites.
2. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
(a) Afghanistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
(b) Pakistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(c) Afghanistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(d) Pakistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
3. Egyptian Sheikh Rahman suffered from what physical disability?
4. In each case that the Clinton Cabinet considered cruise missile strikes, what was a decisive problem?
(a) Potential collateral damage.
(b) Uncertainty of number of civilian deaths.
(c) Conflict against terrorism not a declared war.
(d) Absolute certainty as to bin Laden's location.
5. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
Short Answer Questions
1. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
2. Such attacks continued world-wide and U.S. intelligence saw a new terrorist generation had emerged by what point?
3. Government lawyers debated for months under what circumstances lethal force was legal and when it constituted what?
4. What did Massoud's group protect?
5. Many of the reports from Algeria, Egypt, and Tunisia were treated how in Washington?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)