|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two al-Qaeda operatives arrested around the 2000 New Year planned to carry out terrorist attacks?
(a) Abu Zubaydeh in Jordan, Ahmed Ressan in Washington state.
(b) Abu Zubaydeh in Syria, Ahmed Ressan in Miami.
(c) Abu Zubaydeh in Germany, Ahmed Ressan in San Francisco.
(d) Abu Zubaydeh in Kuwait, Ahmed Ressan in New York City.
2. How did the author describe Clinton's view of the CIA as an institution?
3. In Chapter Five, what did CIA director William Casey advise President Ronald Reagan about their Afghanistan campaign?
(a) It had been partially successful.
(b) It had failed.
(c) It had been successful.
(d) It was not yet finished.
4. In 1996, the CIA was attempting to recover Stinger missiles but encountered what problem with the Taliban?
(a) They would not sell back the ones they had.
(b) They would sell back only damaged ones.
(c) They demanded too high a price.
(d) They claimed they had none.
5. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
(a) A tight and natural partner."
(b) Distrusting of each other."
(c) "Not a natural partner."
(d) "Skeptical of each other's approach."
Short Answer Questions
1. By when had bin Laden moved his operations to the south to Kandahar?
2. What did Massoud's group protect?
3. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
4. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
5. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)