|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
(a) Over 200 killed, over 4,000 injured.
(b) Over 300 killed, over 1,500 injured.
(c) Over 100 killed, over 450 injured.
(d) Over 150 killed, over 600 injured.
2. It was decided to treat terrorists as criminals with no claims to political legitimacy, and which was selected as the lead agency in 1995?
3. Bin Laden had already formed the al-Qaeda and moved his family back to Saudi Arabia in what year?
4. Who was the Afghan bureau chief for the ISI from 1983-1987?
(a) Asad Durrani.
(b) Kuwaja Ziauddin.
(c) Mohammed Yousaf.
(d) Naseem Rana.
5. The ISI Afghan operations director's plans to cut Soviet supply lines were frustrated when Afghan rebels refused to take part in suicide missions for what reason?
(a) It was against their religious beliefs.
(b) It presented unnecessary risk to civilians.
(c) It was an inhumane method of warfare.
(d) They could not infiltrate Soviet lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
2. When did the Soviets attack bin Laden's camp at Jaji which established him as a warrior with Arab jihadists?
3. The CIA-sponsored rebels were facing what type of constant Soviet attacks in 1986?
4. What transpired in November 1989 that meant Afghan President Najibullah was no longer part of a world Communist movement?
5. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)