|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
2. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
3. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
4. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
5. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
2. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
3. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
4. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
5. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
6. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
7. Describe the weed named cogon.
8. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
9. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
10. What was special about the P-61 plane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why the prisoners believed they would be massacred. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)