|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
2. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
3. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
4. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
5. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weed named cogon.
2. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
3. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
4. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
5. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
6. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
7. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
8. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
9. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
10. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss how the Japanese viewed the prisoner-of-war status and what they would do to avoid becoming prisoners.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)