|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
2. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
3. Who was the most reluctant prisoner to leave the camp?
4. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
5. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was an aswang?
2. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
3. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
4. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
5. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
6. What was special about the P-61 plane?
7. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
8. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
9. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
10. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how the Japanese viewed the prisoner-of-war status and what they would do to avoid becoming prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Commandant Mori and Captain Tsuneyoshi, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)