|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
2. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
3. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
4. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
5. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
2. What was special about the P-61 plane?
3. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
4. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
5. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
6. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
7. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
8. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
9. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
10. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of Henry Lee's poem quoted in Chapter 5, as it related to the prisoners at Cabanatuan.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss how the Japanese viewed the prisoner-of-war status and what they would do to avoid becoming prisoners.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)