|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did armored vehicles park at Cabanatuan?
2. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
3. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
4. When did Corregidor surrender?
5. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
2. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
3. What was special about the P-61 plane?
4. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
5. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
6. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
7. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
8. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
9. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
10. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of Henry Lee's poem quoted in Chapter 5, as it related to the prisoners at Cabanatuan.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the prisoners at Cabanatuan considered themselves the ghosts of Bataan.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)