|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
2. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
3. Who removed the padlock from the front gate of Cabanatuan?
4. What was the camp's prime meeting ground named by the prisoners?
5. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
2. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
3. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
4. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
5. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
6. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
7. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
8. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
9. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
10. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why General King decided to surrender to the Japanese without approval from his superiors, using examples from the book.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)