|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
2. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
3. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
4. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
5. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was special about the P-61 plane?
2. What was an aswang?
3. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
4. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
5. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
6. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
7. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
8. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
9. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
10. Describe the weed named cogon.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Commandant Mori and Captain Tsuneyoshi, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether the men should have tried to escape when the Japanese left the camp unguarded. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)