|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
2. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
3. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
4. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
5. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
2. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
3. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
4. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
5. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
6. Describe the weed named cogon.
7. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
8. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
9. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
10. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the rules and patterns that Bank observed about how to avoid punishment or death.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Claire Phillips assisted in the resistance efforts against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)