|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
2. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
3. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
4. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
5. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Ghost Soldiers," discuss how and why the Cabanatuan prisoners organized the camp.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)