|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
2. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
3. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
5. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
2. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
3. Describe the weed named cogon.
4. What was an aswang?
5. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
6. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
7. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
8. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
9. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
10. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why the prisoners at Cabanatuan considered themselves the ghosts of Bataan.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)