|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
2. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
3. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
4. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
5. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
2. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
3. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
4. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
5. Describe the weed named cogon.
6. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
7. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
8. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
9. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
10. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why the prisoners believed they would be massacred. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)