|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the Rangers to neutralize the towers and pill boxes?
2. Where was John Murphy from?
3. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
4. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
5. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
2. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
3. What was an aswang?
4. Describe the weed named cogon.
5. What was special about the P-61 plane?
6. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
7. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
8. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
9. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
10. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Japanese treated prisoners of war and use examples from the book.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)