|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
2. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
3. When did Corregidor surrender?
4. Where did John Murphy attend college?
5. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
2. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
3. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
4. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
5. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
6. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
7. Describe the weed named cogon.
8. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
9. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
10. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Claire Phillips assisted in the resistance efforts against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Ghost Soldiers," discuss how and why the Cabanatuan prisoners organized the camp.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why the prisoners at Cabanatuan considered themselves the ghosts of Bataan.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)