|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
2. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
3. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
4. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
5. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was an aswang?
2. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
3. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
4. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
5. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
6. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
7. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
8. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
9. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
10. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from "Ghost Soldiers," discuss how and why the Cabanatuan prisoners organized the camp.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)