|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
2. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
3. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
4. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
5. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
2. What was special about the P-61 plane?
3. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
4. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
5. What was an aswang?
6. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
7. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
8. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
9. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
10. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why the prisoners believed they would be massacred. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the rules and patterns that Bank observed about how to avoid punishment or death.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Claire Phillips assisted in the resistance efforts against the Japanese.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)