|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
2. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
3. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
4. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
5. When did Corregidor surrender?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
2. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
3. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
4. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
5. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
6. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
7. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
8. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
9. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
10. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Claire Phillips assisted in the resistance efforts against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)