|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
2. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
3. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
4. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
5. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
2. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
3. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
4. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
5. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
6. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
7. What was special about the P-61 plane?
8. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
9. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
10. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the rules and patterns that Bank observed about how to avoid punishment or death.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)