|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
3. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
4. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
5. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
2. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
3. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
4. What was The Military Field Code?
5. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
6. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
7. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
8. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
9. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
10. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Commandant Mori and Captain Tsuneyoshi, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)