|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
3. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
Short Essay Questions
1. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
2. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
3. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
4. What was The Military Field Code?
5. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
6. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
7. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
8. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
9. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
10. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the meaning of Henry Lee's poem quoted in Chapter 5, as it related to the prisoners at Cabanatuan.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)