|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
4. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
5. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was The Military Field Code?
2. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
3. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
4. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
5. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
6. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
7. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
8. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
9. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
10. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "Ghost Soldiers," discuss how and why the Cabanatuan prisoners organized the camp.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reactions of the prisoners during the rescue and why some of the prisoners fought the rescue.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)