|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
3. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
5. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
2. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
3. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
4. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
5. What was an aswang?
6. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
7. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
8. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
9. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
10. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Claire Phillips assisted in the resistance efforts against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
This section contains 1,280 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)