|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
2. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
3. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
4. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
5. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
2. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
3. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
4. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
5. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
6. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
7. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
8. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
9. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
10. Who was Keezel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)