|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
2. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
3. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
4. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
5. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
2. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
3. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
4. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
5. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
6. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
7. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
8. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
9. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
10. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the prisoners at Cabanatuan considered themselves the ghosts of Bataan.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the Japanese treated prisoners of war and use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)