|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
2. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
3. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
4. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
5. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
2. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
3. Who was Keezel?
4. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
6. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
7. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
8. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
9. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
10. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why the prisoners at Cabanatuan considered themselves the ghosts of Bataan.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Commandant Mori and Captain Tsuneyoshi, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)