|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
2. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
3. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
5. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
2. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
3. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
4. What was The Military Field Code?
5. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
6. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
7. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
8. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
9. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
10. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from "Ghost Soldiers," discuss how and why the Cabanatuan prisoners organized the camp.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)