|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
3. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
4. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
5. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
2. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
3. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
4. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
5. What was The Military Field Code?
6. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
7. What was special about the P-61 plane?
8. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
9. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
10. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
Essay Topic 1
Argue whether the men should have tried to escape when the Japanese left the camp unguarded. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the Filipinos felt about the Japanese and how they felt about the Americans.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of Henry Lee's poem quoted in Chapter 5, as it related to the prisoners at Cabanatuan.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)