|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
2. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
3. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
4. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. What was Abraham's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
2. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
3. Who was Keezel?
4. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
5. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
6. What was The Military Field Code?
7. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
8. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
9. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
10. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of Henry Lee's poem quoted in Chapter 5, as it related to the prisoners at Cabanatuan.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)