|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
2. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
3. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
4. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
5. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
2. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
3. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
4. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
5. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
6. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
7. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
8. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
9. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
10. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the aphorism, "There are no atheists in foxholes," and how it applied to Captain Bank.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)