|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
4. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
5. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
2. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
3. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
4. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
5. What was The Military Field Code?
6. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
7. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
8. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
9. Who was Keezel?
10. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Commandant Mori and Captain Tsuneyoshi, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Japanese treated prisoners of war and use examples from the book.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)