Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
2. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
3. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
2. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
3. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
4. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
5. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
6. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
7. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
8. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
9. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
10. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
Discuss the reasons why the prisoners believed they would be massacred. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)