|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. What did Cabanatuan mean?
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
4. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
5. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
2. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
3. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
4. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
5. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
6. What was The Military Field Code?
7. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
8. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
9. Who was Keezel?
10. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Colonel Masanobu Tsuji and General Homma, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss General Homma's plan for evacuating Americans and Filipinos from the Bataan peninsula and the flaws in his plan.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the Japanese treated prisoners of war and use examples from the book.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)