|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
2. What was Abraham's wife's name?
3. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
4. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
2. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
3. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
4. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
5. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
6. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
7. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
8. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
9. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
10. Who was Keezel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the cultural differences that led to the disaster that became known as the Bataan Death March.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the rules and patterns that Bank observed about how to avoid punishment or death.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)