|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
2. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
3. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
5. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
2. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
3. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
4. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
5. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
6. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
7. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
8. What was The Military Field Code?
9. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
10. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss how the Japanese viewed the prisoner-of-war status and what they would do to avoid becoming prisoners.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reactions of the prisoners during the rescue and why some of the prisoners fought the rescue.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the intelligence Mucci received and why it influenced his decision to delay the rescue mission for 24 hours.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)