|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
2. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
3. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
4. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
5. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
2. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
3. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
4. What was The Military Field Code?
5. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
6. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
7. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
8. Who was Keezel?
9. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
10. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why General King decided to surrender to the Japanese without approval from his superiors, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how and why the Filipinos helped Americans in the fight against the Japanese.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss the retreat of the Japanese in 1945 and how their commander attempted to keep the retreat from being a rout.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)