|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) West of the camp.
(b) Just north of the camp.
(c) Just south of the camp.
(d) East of the camp.
2. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 120 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 130 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
3. Where was John Murphy from?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Rhode Island.
4. Where did Prince grow up?
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
2. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
3. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
5. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
2. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
3. What was an aswang?
4. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
5. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
6. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
7. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
8. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
9. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
10. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)