|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
2. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
(b) Bad medicine.
(c) Rancid fish head.
3. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(a) New Mexico.
4. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
5. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
Short Answer Questions
1. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
2. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
3. What nationality was Fuentes?
4. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
5. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
2. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
3. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
4. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
5. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
6. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
7. What was an aswang?
8. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
9. Describe the weed named cogon.
10. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)