|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A barn.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) A house.
2. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) An entire baked pig.
(b) Several large roasts.
(c) Several cooked chickens.
(d) Baked bread.
3. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
4. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
5. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
2. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
3. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
4. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
5. What nationality was Fuentes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
2. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
3. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
4. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
5. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
6. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
7. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
8. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
9. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
10. Describe the weed named cogon.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)