|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
2. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Manila Bay.
(b) Lingayen Gulf.
(c) Moro Gulf.
(d) Baler Bay.
3. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) James Duckworth.
(b) Robert Strong.
(c) Robert Burke.
(d) Frederick Amos.
4. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
5. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 120 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
2. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
3. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
4. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
5. Where did Prince grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
2. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
3. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
4. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
5. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
6. Describe the weed named cogon.
7. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
8. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
9. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
10. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)