|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(b) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Illinois.
(d) University of Iowa.
2. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
(a) Cutting wood.
(b) Working on the airstrip.
(c) Working on the Farm.
(d) Burying the dead.
3. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) High Pockets.
(b) Geisha Lady.
(c) Mata Hari.
(d) The Teacher.
4. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) An old oil drum.
(b) A wooden crate.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) A rusty metal triangle.
5. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
2. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
3. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
4. What was the camp's prime meeting ground named by the prisoners?
5. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
2. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
3. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
4. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
5. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
6. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
7. What was an aswang?
8. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
9. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
10. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)