|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile northeast of the camp.
(b) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(c) About a mile west of the camp.
(d) About a mile east of the camp.
2. What name got painted on the American plane that flew over Cabanatuan?
(a) Moon Happy.
(b) Shady lady.
(c) Sleepy Time Gal.
(d) Hard to Get.
3. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
4. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
(a) "Sentimental Journey."
(b) "Wait 'Til the Sun Shines, Nellie."
(c) "I'm Beginning to See the Light."
(d) "Some Enchanted Evening."
5. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
(a) 500 yards.
(b) 250 yards.
(c) A mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
2. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
3. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
4. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
5. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
2. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
3. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
4. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
5. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
6. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
7. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
8. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
9. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
10. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)