|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
(a) 7 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 9 feet.
2. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
(b) Roman Catholic.
3. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
4. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) Two fingers.
5. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
(a) "Some Enchanted Evening."
(b) "I'm Beginning to See the Light."
(c) "Sentimental Journey."
(d) "Wait 'Til the Sun Shines, Nellie."
Short Answer Questions
1. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
2. Where did John Murphy attend college?
3. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
4. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
5. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
2. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
3. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
4. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
5. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
6. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
7. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
8. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
9. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
10. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)