|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Mary Anderson.
(b) Jane Nickerson.
(c) Andrea Browning.
(d) Claire Phillips.
2. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(b) Piper Cubs.
3. From where was Chaplain Robert Preston Taylor?
(a) New Mexico.
4. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
(c) New Guinea.
5. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Strong.
(b) James Duckworth.
(c) Frederick Amos.
(d) Robert Burke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
2. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
3. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
4. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
5. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
2. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
3. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
4. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
5. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
6. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
7. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
8. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
9. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
10. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)