|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Tommie Thomas.
(b) Bob Body.
(c) Ralph Rodriguez.
(d) Bert Bank.
2. Where was Dr. Fisher raised?
(d) New Hampshire.
3. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
(a) The Bible and "Crime and Punishment."
(b) The Bible and "The House of the Dead."
(c) The Bible and "The Brothers Karamazov."
(d) The Bible and "Notes from the Underground."
4. Who was the second Ranger to enter Cabanatuan?
(a) John Ryan.
(b) Leland Provencher.
(c) Marcos Keithley.
(d) Walter Ruig.
5. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A skyscraper.
(c) A barn.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
2. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
3. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
4. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
5. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Rangers began getting sleepy on the march, what were they given to keep them awake?
2. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
3. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
4. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
5. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
6. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
7. What was special about the P-61 plane?
8. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
9. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
10. Describe the weed named cogon.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)