|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
2. Where was Dr. Fisher raised?
(b) New Hampshire.
3. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Illinois.
4. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
(a) Robert Taylor.
(b) Henry Lee.
(c) Manny Lawton.
(d) Frank Bridget.
5. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) John Murphy.
(b) William Proudfit.
(c) Joe Youngblood.
(d) Roy Swezy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
2. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
3. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
4. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
5. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
2. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
3. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
4. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
5. What was special about the P-61 plane?
6. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
7. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
8. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
9. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
10. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)