|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
(a) 9 pounds.
(b) 8 pounds.
(c) 7 pounds.
(d) 6 pounds.
2. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Andrea Browning.
(b) Mary Anderson.
(c) Jane Nickerson.
(d) Claire Phillips.
3. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 5 men.
(b) 4 men.
(c) 6 men.
(d) 3 men.
4. Who was the most reluctant prisoner to leave the camp?
(a) Ralph Hibbs.
(b) Bob Body.
(c) James Duckworth.
(d) Abie Abraham.
5. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
Short Answer Questions
1. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
2. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
3. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
4. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
5. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
2. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
3. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
4. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
5. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
6. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
7. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
8. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
9. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
10. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)