|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A rusty metal triangle.
(b) An old oil drum.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) A wooden crate.
2. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Chin high.
(b) Waist high.
(c) Ankle deep.
(d) Knee high.
3. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(d) New Mexico.
4. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
(b) Rancid fish head.
(c) Bad medicine.
5. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
2. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
3. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
4. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
5. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was the last prisoner left in Cabanatuan and why was he left there?
2. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
3. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
4. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
5. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
6. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
7. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
8. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
9. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
10. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)