|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
2. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:30 p.m.
(d) 7:45 p.m.
3. What nationality was Fuentes?
4. When did Corregidor surrender?
5. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 9 to10 hours.
(b) 5 to 6 hours.
(c) 3 to 4 hours.
(d) 7 to 8 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Murphy from?
2. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
3. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
4. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
5. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
2. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
3. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
4. What was an aswang?
5. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
6. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
7. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
8. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
9. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
10. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)