|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 10:30 p.m.
(c) 8:30 p.m.
(d) 10:00 p.m.
2. Where was John Murphy from?
(a) Rhode Island.
(b) New Jersey.
3. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 10,000 troops.
(b) 3,000 troops.
(c) 5,000 troops.
(d) 7,000 troops.
4. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
(a) New Guinea.
5. What did the villagers of Platero give the Americans to drink at a feast?
(a) Papaya wine.
(c) Homemade beer.
(d) Coconut wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
2. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
3. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
4. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
5. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
2. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
3. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
4. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
5. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
6. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
7. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
8. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
9. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
10. Describe the weed named cogon.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)