|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did armored vehicles park at Cabanatuan?
(a) To the left of the Japanese barracks.
(b) In a large metal shed, 300 yards from the front gate.
(c) Near a guard tower.
(d) Behind the American prisoners' barracks.
2. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
(a) 550 rounds.
(b) 350 rounds.
(c) 450 rounds.
(d) 750 rounds.
3. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 3,000 troops.
(b) 10,000 troops.
(c) 7,000 troops.
(d) 5,000 troops.
4. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
5. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) John Murphy.
(b) Joe Youngblood.
(c) William Proudfit.
(d) Roy Swezy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
2. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
3. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
4. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
5. What was the name of a hated guard who watched over prisoners working on the Farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
2. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
3. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
4. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
5. What was an aswang?
6. Describe what some of the prisoners were doing moments before the Rangers began the raid.
7. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
8. What did Captain Pajota suggest as cover for the Rangers as they wriggled to their positions in the fields?
9. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
10. What extensive underground developed that regularly smuggled goods into the camp at Cabanatuan?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)