|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 9 feet.
(d) 8 feet.
2. From where was Chaplain Robert Preston Taylor?
(b) New Mexico.
3. Where did armored vehicles park at Cabanatuan?
(a) Near a guard tower.
(b) In a large metal shed, 300 yards from the front gate.
(c) To the left of the Japanese barracks.
(d) Behind the American prisoners' barracks.
4. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) Roy Swezy.
(b) William Proudfit.
(c) Joe Youngblood.
(d) John Murphy.
5. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Fuentes?
2. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
3. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
4. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
5. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
2. What would happen to a prisoner if he would slip a root or a pod of beans into his personal gunny sack?
3. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
4. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
5. Why wasn't Prince worried about informants when they arrived in Balincarin and learned that people knew all about the Rangers' mission?
6. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
7. In January, why did the Japanese shut down the Farm at Cabanatuan?
8. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
9. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
10. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)