|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
2. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 41 ounces of food.
(b) 15 ounces of food.
(c) 20 ounces of food.
(d) 32 ounces of food.
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Orange.
(b) War Plan Blue.
(c) War Plan Red.
(d) War Plan Green.
4. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) .45 caliber pistols.
(c) M-1 Garand.
(d) Thompson submachine guns.
5. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
2. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
3. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
4. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
2. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
3. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
4. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
5. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
6. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
7. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
8. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
9. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
10. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)