|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(b) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(c) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(d) The record for sitting in a tree.
2. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(d) Tarlac City.
3. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A gong.
(b) An old Catholic church bell.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A large drum.
5. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
(a) Zero Ward.
(b) Death Row.
(c) Death Ward.
(d) St. Peter's Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
5. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
2. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
3. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
4. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
5. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
6. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
7. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
8. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
9. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
10. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)