|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 500 men.
(b) 1,000 men.
(c) 700 men.
(d) 900 men.
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
3. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(c) Sixth Imperial Army.
(d) Fourth Imperial Army.
4. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
5. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(d) Staff Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
2. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
3. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
4. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
5. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Keezel?
2. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
3. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
4. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
5. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
6. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
7. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
8. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
9. What was The Military Field Code?
10. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)