|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(b) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(c) The American got decapitated.
(d) The American got stabbed in the back.
2. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(a) La Paz.
3. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) February 1940.
(b) March 1942.
(c) November 1941.
(d) January 1939.
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
5. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
(a) April 2, 1942.
(b) April 10, 1942.
(c) April 22, 1942.
(d) April 30, 1942.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abraham's wife's name?
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
4. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
5. What did Cabanatuan mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pajota suggest that the injured prisoners be transported back to American lines?
2. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
3. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
4. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
5. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
6. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
7. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
8. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
9. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
10. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)