|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 11 men.
(b) 9 men.
(c) 12 men.
(d) 10 men.
2. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
(a) The Spy.
(b) The Butcher.
(c) The God of Operations.
(d) The Hatchet Man.
3. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The March.
(b) The Death Walk.
(c) The Hike.
(d) The Mission.
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
(a) 40 to 45 years of age.
(b) 17 to 18 years of age.
(c) 25 to 30 years of age.
(d) 30 to 35 years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
2. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
3. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
4. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
5. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
2. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
3. What was The Military Field Code?
4. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
5. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
6. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
7. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
8. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
9. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
10. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)