|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
(a) 25 to 30 years of age.
(b) 30 to 35 years of age.
(c) 17 to 18 years of age.
(d) 40 to 45 years of age.
2. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 4 p.m.
(b) At 1 p.m.
(c) At 3 p.m.
(d) At 2 p.m.
3. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(d) Chocolate bars.
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On February 12.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On April 9.
(d) On January 4.
5. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Buzzard.
(b) The Taskmaster.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
2. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
4. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
5. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
3. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
4. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
5. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
6. What was The Military Field Code?
7. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
8. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
9. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
10. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)