|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Keisuke Fujie.
(b) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(c) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(d) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 91,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 78,000.
(d) About 64,000.
5. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Captain Prince.
(b) Ranger Dykes.
(c) Colonel Mucci.
(d) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
2. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
3. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
4. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
5. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
2. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
3. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
4. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
5. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
6. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. Who was Keezel?
8. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
9. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
10. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)