|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 57,000.
(b) Approximately 91,000.
(c) Approximately 78,000.
(d) About 64,000.
2. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 40,000 prisoners.
(c) 60,000 prisoners.
(d) 100,000 prisoners.
4. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Death Walk.
(b) The Hike.
(c) The March.
(d) The Mission.
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles south.
(b) 100 miles north.
(c) 200 miles south.
(d) 200 miles north.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
3. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
4. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
5. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
2. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
3. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
4. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
5. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
6. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
7. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
8. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
9. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
10. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)