|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
2. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
(b) New Guinea.
(c) New Zealand.
3. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 121 Rangers.
(b) 75 Rangers.
(c) 98 Rangers.
(d) 135 Rangers.
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(b) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
5. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 250,000 troops.
(b) 175,000 troops.
(c) 275,000 troops.
(d) 150,000 troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
2. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
5. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
2. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
3. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
4. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
5. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
6. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
7. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
8. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
9. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
10. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)