|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cabanatuan mean?
(a) Place of rocks.
(b) Place of the headhunters.
(c) Place of the rivers.
(d) Place of goats.
2. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for sitting in a tree.
(b) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(c) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(d) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
3. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
(a) Masanobu Tsuji.
(b) Hajime Sugiyama.
(c) Takeo Imai.
(d) Murakami Hyoe.
4. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(b) Powdered eggs.
(c) Corned-beef hash.
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Orange.
(b) War Plan Blue.
(c) War Plan Green.
(d) War Plan Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
2. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
3. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
4. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
5. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was special about the P-61 plane?
2. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
3. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
4. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
5. Describe the weed named cogon.
6. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
7. How were most of the Cabanatuan prisoners transported back to the United States?
8. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
9. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
10. How did the villagers greet the Rangers when it came to Platero?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)