|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Flint, Michigan.
(c) Hastings, Michigan.
(d) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
3. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 121 Rangers.
(b) 98 Rangers.
(c) 75 Rangers.
(d) 135 Rangers.
5. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
3. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
4. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Keezel?
2. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
3. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
4. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
5. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
6. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
7. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
8. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
9. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
10. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)