|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Vernon Booth.
(b) C. C. Smith.
(c) Quentine Devore.
(d) Robert Pritchford.
2. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
3. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(b) Powdered eggs.
(c) Corned-beef hash.
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Washed up on the far shore.
(b) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 200 miles north.
(d) 100 miles south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Abraham's wife's name?
2. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
4. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
5. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
2. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
3. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
4. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
5. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
6. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
7. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
8. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
9. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
10. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)