|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yagasaki.
(b) General Goto.
(c) General Yamashita.
(d) General Saeda.
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(b) General Keisuke Fujie.
(c) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(d) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
3. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(b) Powdered eggs.
(c) Corned-beef hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
2. What did Abraham raise in his backyard during his time stationed in the Philippines?
3. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
5. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
2. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
3. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
4. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
6. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
7. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
8. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
9. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
10. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)