|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got decapitated.
(b) The American got stabbed in the back.
(c) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(d) The American got stabbed in the chest.
2. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Jap Eyes.
(b) Eyes in the Sky.
(c) Photo Spies.
(d) Photo Joe.
3. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Illinois.
(d) University of Indiana.
4. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(b) M-1 Garand.
(c) Thompson submachine guns.
(d) .45 caliber pistols.
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Rocky beach.
(b) Coral beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Pumice beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
2. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
3. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
5. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
Short Essay Questions
1. When McCarty and some other prisoners went back to the Japanese side to find more food, what did they encounter on their way back?
2. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
3. What would Prince oversee as assault commander?
4. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
5. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
6. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
7. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
8. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
9. What concerns did Mucci have about the guerrillas as they readied to attack Cabanatuan?
10. What was an aswang?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)