|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(b) The record for sitting in a tree.
(c) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(d) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
2. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On October 13.
(b) On November 11.
(c) On January 2.
(d) On December 8.
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Sea of Japan.
(c) The Sulu Sea.
(d) The East China Sea.
5. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Jap Eyes.
(b) Eyes in the Sky.
(c) Photo Spies.
(d) Photo Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
2. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
3. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
2. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
3. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
4. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
5. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
6. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
7. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
8. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
9. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
10. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)