|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had been stabbed in the back.
(b) He had been knocked unconscious.
(c) He had had a finger cut off.
(d) He had a deep gash in his head.
2. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
(a) Masanobu Tsuji.
(b) Takeo Imai.
(c) Murakami Hyoe.
(d) Hajime Sugiyama.
3. What did Cabanatuan mean?
(a) Place of goats.
(b) Place of rocks.
(c) Place of the headhunters.
(d) Place of the rivers.
4. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
(a) 40 to 45 years of age.
(b) 30 to 35 years of age.
(c) 25 to 30 years of age.
(d) 17 to 18 years of age.
5. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
2. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
3. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
4. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
2. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
3. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
4. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
5. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
6. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
7. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
9. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
10. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)