|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New Guinea.
2. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(c) San Juan.
3. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
(a) Death Ward.
(b) Death Row.
(c) St. Peter's Ward.
(d) Zero Ward.
4. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 9 men.
(b) 10 men.
(c) 12 men.
(d) 11 men.
5. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 68,000 Filipinos.
(c) 75,000 Filipinos.
(d) 65,000 Filipinos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
5. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. With surrender eminent, what were the men on Bataan who were fleeing from Japanese doing to their equipment?
2. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
3. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
4. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
5. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
6. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
7. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
8. What was The Military Field Code?
9. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
10. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)