|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
(a) St. Peter's Ward.
(b) Death Row.
(c) Zero Ward.
(d) Death Ward.
2. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
3. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
(a) No more than 5,000.
(b) About 12,000.
(c) About 10,000.
(d) No more than 9,000.
4. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Robert Pritchford.
(b) Quentine Devore.
(c) Vernon Booth.
(d) C. C. Smith.
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
3. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
5. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
2. What was The Military Field Code?
3. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
4. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
5. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
6. Who was Keezel?
7. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
8. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
9. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
10. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)