Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 2 to 3 hours.
(b) After 7 hours.
(c) After 3 to 4 hours.
(d) After 5 hours.
2. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 3 p.m.
(b) At 4 p.m.
(c) At 1 p.m.
(d) At 2 p.m.
3. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Corned-beef hash.
(b) Powdered eggs.
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(a) P 51s.
(d) FW 190s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
5. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Pajota planning for the rescue mission?
2. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
3. What were some valuables that the prisoners stowed around the camp that they weren't allowed to take with them?
4. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
5. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
6. Why weren't the Signal Corps men as excited as the Rangers as the mission got underway?
7. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
8. What was an aswang?
9. How did Nellist remove a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
10. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)