|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
2. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Louisiana.
(b) University of Mississippi.
(c) University of Alabama.
(d) University of Georgia.
3. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You will be safe with me.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) Come with me.
(d) You have friends here.
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 200 miles north.
(d) 100 miles south.
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 9 men.
(b) 11 men.
(c) 10 men.
(d) 12 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
2. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
4. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
5. What was Abraham's wife's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
2. How did Teddy Richardson get the padlock open on the front gate?
3. Describe the weed named cogon.
4. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
6. How was the barking problem in Platero solved?
7. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
8. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
9. Who was Lieutenant Henry Lee?
10. What was special about the P-61 plane?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)