|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 1 p.m.
(c) At 3 p.m.
(d) At 4 p.m.
2. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
(a) San Simon.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Rita.
(d) San Fernando.
3. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) One ration.
(d) Two rations.
4. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(b) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(c) The American got stabbed in the back.
(d) The American got decapitated.
5. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On February 12.
(b) On January 4.
(c) On March 8.
(d) On April 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
2. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
3. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
4. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
5. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
2. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
3. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
4. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
5. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
6. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
7. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
8. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
9. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
10. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)