|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Mercedes Benz.
(c) A Lincoln Continental.
(d) A Jeep.
2. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had been knocked unconscious.
(b) He had been stabbed in the back.
(c) He had a deep gash in his head.
(d) He had had a finger cut off.
3. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 200 miles south.
(d) 100 miles north.
5. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Corned-beef hash.
(c) Powdered eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
2. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
3. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
4. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
5. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
2. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
3. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
4. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
5. What happened when Tommie Thomas caught diphtheria?
6. Describe the weed named cogon.
7. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
8. How was the Platero schoolhouse transformed into a makeshift hospital?
9. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
10. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)