|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Pumice beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Coral beach.
2. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
(a) The kidney of a killed prisoner.
(b) The liver of a downed allied pilot.
(c) The heart of a dead soldier.
(d) The intestine of an Allied officer.
3. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
4. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
5. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
(a) 50 prisoners.
(b) 100 prisoners.
(c) 75 prisoners.
(d) 125 prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
2. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
3. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
4. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
5. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Platero made the Ranger staging area and bivouac site?
2. What efforts did the American prisoners who had engineering skills make to improve Cabanatuan prison?
3. What concern did Major Robert Lapham present to G-2 officer Horton White?
4. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
6. Who were evacuated from Platero and other barrios?
7. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
8. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
9. Describe the weed named cogon.
10. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)