|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(b) Tarlac City.
2. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
(a) 125 prisoners.
(b) 100 prisoners.
(c) 50 prisoners.
(d) 75 prisoners.
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(a) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
4. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(d) La Paz.
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) Come with me.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) You have friends here.
(d) You will be safe with me.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
2. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
3. What did Cabanatuan mean?
4. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
2. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
3. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
4. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
6. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
7. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
8. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
9. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
10. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)