|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(c) Tarlac City.
2. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On February 12.
(d) On January 4.
3. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
4. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
(a) San Simon.
(b) San Fernando.
(c) Santa Rita.
(d) Santa Ana.
5. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(c) Lieutenant Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
2. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
3. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
4. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
5. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
2. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
3. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
4. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
5. When and how did MacArthur leave his Corregidor bunker?
6. How did Dr. Hibbs describe his posting in the Philippines in late November 1941?
7. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
8. What was The Military Field Code?
9. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
10. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)