|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 275,000 troops.
(b) 250,000 troops.
(c) 150,000 troops.
(d) 175,000 troops.
2. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
(a) San Simon.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Rita.
(d) San Fernando.
3. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
(a) 50 prisoners.
(b) 100 prisoners.
(c) 75 prisoners.
(d) 125 prisoners.
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
(a) Zero Ward.
(b) St. Peter's Ward.
(c) Death Row.
(d) Death Ward.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
3. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
4. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
2. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
3. What were Army veterinarians doing as the men fled toward Mariveles?
4. What type of equipment did Army photographers bring when they accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
6. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
7. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
8. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
9. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
10. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)