|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Abraham raise in his backyard during his time stationed in the Philippines?
2. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Clinging to driftwood.
(b) Washed up on the far shore.
(c) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
3. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
(a) 25 to 30 years of age.
(b) 17 to 18 years of age.
(c) 40 to 45 years of age.
(d) 30 to 35 years of age.
4. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The Battle of Imphal.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
5. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 1 p.m.
(b) At 2 p.m.
(c) At 3 p.m.
(d) At 4 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
4. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
5. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mucci want photographers to accompany the Rangers on their rescue mission?
2. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
3. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
4. What was The Military Field Code?
5. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
6. Approximately how many died as the Americans and Filipinos moved north out of Bataan?
7. Why were the Japanese gathering in Cabanatuan?
8. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
9. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
10. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)