|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(b) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(c) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(d) The record for sitting in a tree.
2. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(b) La Paz.
3. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Battle of Imphal.
(d) The Battle of Midway.
4. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(a) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
5. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
2. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
3. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
5. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
2. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
3. Why did the Rangers hate Mucci and then change their minds about him?
4. What happened when a Japanese guard wanted an American's West Point Ring?
5. Why did Abraham believe that those who didn't have dysentery before the march out of Bataan would surely get dysentery?
6. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
7. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
8. Who was Keezel?
9. How would the Filipinos show their loyalty to the Americans as prisoners marched north out of Bataan?
10. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)