|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
2. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
(a) 50 prisoners.
(b) 100 prisoners.
(c) 75 prisoners.
(d) 125 prisoners.
3. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) February 1940.
(b) November 1941.
(c) March 1942.
(d) January 1939.
4. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The Unversity of Montana.
(b) The University of Nevada.
(c) The University of South Dakota.
(d) The University of Utah.
5. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Tommie Thomas.
(b) Bert Bank.
(c) Eugene Dykes.
(d) Robert Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
2. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
4. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
5. Where did the trains take prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. On December 14, what difference occurred in the routine of the men working on the airstrip?
2. What had the prisoners of Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been working on during internment?
3. Why didn't War Plan Orange succeed?
4. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
5. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
6. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. How did Van Geldern get sent to the Philippines before Captain Prince?
8. According to Japanese historian Murakami Hyoe, how did Tsuji show that prisoners should be treated?
9. What was the mood of the men as they ready for the raid on January 28, 1945?
10. What is a reason the Japanese didn't review their evacuation plan when they realized there were more prisoners than previously estimated?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)