|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 3 p.m.
(c) At 4 p.m.
(d) At 1 p.m.
2. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(b) The record for sitting in a tree.
(c) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(d) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
3. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 15 ounces of food.
(b) 20 ounces of food.
(c) 41 ounces of food.
(d) 32 ounces of food.
4. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(d) La Paz.
5. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 60 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
3. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
5. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how did the Americans invade the Philippines after the Japanese attack and occupation?
2. For the men of Bataan, what was the real enemy?
3. Why was Dr. Ralph Hibbs lying delirious in a ditch at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How did General Yamashita plan to conduct the withdrawal of his troops as the Americans forced the Japanese to withdraw?
5. What happened after the men were in the air-raid shelters?
6. What did Lieutenant Sato do when C.C. Smith refused to go into the air-raid shelter?
7. Who was Keezel?
8. Why did American prisoners discard anything that had the words "Made in Japan"?
9. How did Eugene Nielsen escape after the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa got set on fire?
10. What mixed responses did Abie Abraham and the other Americans receive as they marched north to the prison camp?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)