|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
2. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Taal.
(b) Mount Mayon.
(c) Mount Arayat.
(d) Mount Pinatubo.
3. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
4. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Ralph Rodriguez.
(c) Bob Body.
(d) Tommie Thomas.
5. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
6. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
7. What was the name of a hated guard who watched over prisoners working on the Farm?
(a) Simon Legree.
(b) Liver Lips.
(c) Air Raid.
(d) Web Foot.
8. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
(b) P-36 Hawks.
(c) F4F Wildcats.
(d) Navy Hellcats.
9. Where was John Murphy from?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) Rhode Island.
10. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
11. Who was killed by friendly fire at Cabanatuan?
(a) Charles Brown.
(b) Francis Schilli.
(c) Lawrence Robinson.
(d) Roy Sweezy.
12. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
(c) New Guinea.
13. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
14. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 7 to 8 hours.
(b) 5 to 6 hours.
(c) 3 to 4 hours.
(d) 9 to10 hours.
15. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Iowa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
2. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
3. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
4. Near what river was Platero situated?
5. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)