|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
(a) Henry Lee.
(b) Frank Bridget.
(c) Manny Lawton.
(d) Robert Taylor.
2. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
3. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
4. Who was the most reluctant prisoner to leave the camp?
(a) James Duckworth.
(b) Ralph Hibbs.
(c) Abie Abraham.
(d) Bob Body.
5. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile east of the camp.
(b) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(c) About a mile northeast of the camp.
(d) About a mile west of the camp.
6. Where did Prince attend college?
7. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
(a) Little Speedo.
(b) Big Speedo.
(c) Liver Lips.
(d) Charlie Chaplin.
8. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
(a) Bad medicine.
(b) Rancid fish head.
9. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
10. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
(a) Skeleton Plot.
(b) Bone Hill.
(c) Death Hill.
(d) The Resting Place.
11. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His ankle.
(d) Two fingers.
12. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) High Pockets.
(b) The Teacher.
(c) Geisha Lady.
(d) Mata Hari.
13. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
(a) Navy Hellcats.
(b) P-36 Hawks.
(d) F4F Wildcats.
14. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
15. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Mayon.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Arayat.
(d) Mount Taal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
2. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
3. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
4. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
5. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)