|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
(a) 6 pounds.
(b) 9 pounds.
(c) 8 pounds.
(d) 7 pounds.
2. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 10,000 troops.
(b) 7,000 troops.
(c) 5,000 troops.
(d) 3,000 troops.
3. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
(a) In 1940.
(b) In 1941.
(c) In 1944.
(d) In 1943.
4. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
(a) Had it hanging down his back.
(b) Strapped it to the underbelly of a carabao.
(c) Wrapped it in a bundle on his back.
(d) Hid it down his pant leg.
5. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
6. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(a) University of Michigan.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Illinois.
7. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 5 men.
(b) 3 men.
(c) 4 men.
(d) 6 men.
8. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
9. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(a) Chicken salad.
(c) Pork chops.
(d) Fried chicken.
10. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) Two fingers.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His ankle.
11. What was the name of a hated guard who watched over prisoners working on the Farm?
(a) Simon Legree.
(b) Air Raid.
(c) Liver Lips.
(d) Web Foot.
12. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Zambales foothills.
(b) The Sierra Madre foothills.
(c) The Kitanglad foothills.
(d) The Caraballo foothills.
13. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) Just south of the camp.
(b) West of the camp.
(c) East of the camp.
(d) Just north of the camp.
14. How long did it take the Rangers to neutralize the towers and pill boxes?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 15 seconds.
(c) 3 minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
15. Who removed the padlock from the front gate of Cabanatuan?
(a) Teddy Richardson.
(b) Lesley Palmer.
(c) Ray Fouts.
(d) John Spradlin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
2. Where did John Murphy attend college?
3. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
4. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
5. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)