|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
(a) 250 yards.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) A mile.
(d) 500 yards.
2. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bob Body.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Bert Bank.
(d) Ralph Rodriguez.
3. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) Two fingers.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
4. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(b) About a mile northeast of the camp.
(c) About a mile west of the camp.
(d) About a mile east of the camp.
5. What was the name of a hated guard who watched over prisoners working on the Farm?
(a) Web Foot.
(b) Simon Legree.
(c) Liver Lips.
(d) Air Raid.
6. From where was Chaplain Robert Preston Taylor?
(d) New Mexico.
7. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 9 to10 hours.
(b) 5 to 6 hours.
(c) 7 to 8 hours.
(d) 3 to 4 hours.
8. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
9. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 120 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
10. Where did armored vehicles park at Cabanatuan?
(a) Near a guard tower.
(b) To the left of the Japanese barracks.
(c) In a large metal shed, 300 yards from the front gate.
(d) Behind the American prisoners' barracks.
11. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) Several large roasts.
(b) Baked bread.
(c) An entire baked pig.
(d) Several cooked chickens.
12. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Ankle deep.
(b) Chin high.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Waist high.
13. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
14. How long did it take the Rangers to neutralize the towers and pill boxes?
(a) 2 minutes.
(b) 15 seconds.
(c) 3 minutes.
(d) 30 seconds.
15. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
2. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
3. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
4. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
5. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)