|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(c) New Mexico.
2. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 8:00 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 7:45 p.m.
(d) 6:30 p.m.
3. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Chin high.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Ankle deep.
(d) Waist high.
4. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
5. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Caraballo foothills.
(b) The Kitanglad foothills.
(c) The Sierra Madre foothills.
(d) The Zambales foothills.
6. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) More than 30.
(b) More than 40.
(c) About 35.
(d) About 20.
7. Near what river was Platero situated?
(a) Davao River.
(b) Pampanga River.
(c) Siniloan River.
(d) Jalaur River.
8. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
(a) Frank Bridget.
(b) Robert Taylor.
(c) Henry Lee.
(d) Manny Lawton.
9. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
10. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Taal.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Arayat.
(d) Mount Mayon.
11. How long did it take the Rangers to neutralize the towers and pill boxes?
(a) 30 seconds.
(b) 3 minutes.
(c) 15 seconds.
(d) 2 minutes.
12. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) Several large roasts.
(b) Baked bread.
(c) Several cooked chickens.
(d) An entire baked pig.
13. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Ralph Rodriguez.
(c) Tommie Thomas.
(d) Bob Body.
14. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
(b) Roman Catholic.
15. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
(a) In 1943.
(b) In 1944.
(c) In 1941.
(d) In 1940.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
2. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
3. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
4. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
5. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)