|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 7:45 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Frederick Amos.
(b) Robert Burke.
(c) James Duckworth.
(d) Robert Strong.
3. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
4. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) Some rice.
(b) Some fruit.
(c) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
(d) A chicken egg.
5. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
(a) Abulog River.
(b) Talavera River.
(c) Pulangi River.
(d) Marikina River.
6. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Tommie Thomas.
(b) Bob Body.
(c) Bert Bank.
(d) Ralph Rodriguez.
7. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
8. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
(a) Burying the dead.
(b) Cutting wood.
(c) Working on the airstrip.
(d) Working on the Farm.
9. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) A house.
(b) A barn.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) An apartment building.
10. Where did Prince grow up?
(a) Los Angeles.
11. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
12. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
13. What nationality was Fuentes?
14. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Manila Bay.
(b) Baler Bay.
(c) Lingayen Gulf.
(d) Moro Gulf.
15. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
2. Where was John Murphy from?
3. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
4. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
5. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)