|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 6:30 p.m.
(c) 7:45 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
2. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Baler Bay.
(b) Lingayen Gulf.
(c) Manila Bay.
(d) Moro Gulf.
3. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
4. Where did Prince grow up?
(c) Los Angeles.
5. Who was the second Ranger to enter Cabanatuan?
(a) Walter Ruig.
(b) Leland Provencher.
(c) Marcos Keithley.
(d) John Ryan.
6. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Pinatubo.
(b) Mount Mayon.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Arayat.
7. Where did armored vehicles park at Cabanatuan?
(a) Behind the American prisoners' barracks.
(b) In a large metal shed, 300 yards from the front gate.
(c) To the left of the Japanese barracks.
(d) Near a guard tower.
8. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 130 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
9. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) Club Tsubaki.
(b) Club Luzon.
(c) Club Mabini.
(d) Club Manila.
10. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Kitanglad foothills.
(b) The Sierra Madre foothills.
(c) The Zambales foothills.
(d) The Caraballo foothills.
11. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Illinois.
(d) University of Michigan.
12. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) His ankle.
(b) His leg.
(c) Two fingers.
(d) His arm.
13. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
14. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
(a) In 1944.
(b) In 1941.
(c) In 1943.
(d) In 1940.
15. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) An old oil drum.
(b) A rusty metal triangle.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) A wooden crate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
2. What was the camp's prime meeting ground named by the prisoners?
3. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
4. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
5. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)