|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Chicken salad.
(d) Pork chops.
2. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
(d) Roman Catholic.
3. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
4. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
5. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 8:30 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 10:30 p.m.
6. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Mayon.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Arayat.
7. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 120 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
8. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Ankle deep.
(c) Chin high.
(d) Knee high.
9. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Illinois.
(d) University of Michigan.
10. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
11. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(b) New Mexico.
12. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
(a) Skeleton Plot.
(b) Bone Hill.
(c) Death Hill.
(d) The Resting Place.
13. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) East of the camp.
(b) West of the camp.
(c) Just south of the camp.
(d) Just north of the camp.
14. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 5,000 troops.
(b) 7,000 troops.
(c) 3,000 troops.
(d) 10,000 troops.
15. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) Club Luzon.
(b) Club Mabini.
(c) Club Manila.
(d) Club Tsubaki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
2. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
3. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
4. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
5. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)