|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A wooden crate.
(b) A rusty metal triangle.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) An old oil drum.
2. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Jane Nickerson.
(b) Claire Phillips.
(c) Andrea Browning.
(d) Mary Anderson.
3. What was the camp's prime meeting ground named by the prisoners?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Times Square.
4. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
5. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 130 pounds.
(d) 120 pounds.
6. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
7. What name got painted on the American plane that flew over Cabanatuan?
(a) Moon Happy.
(b) Hard to Get.
(c) Sleepy Time Gal.
(d) Shady lady.
8. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
9. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
(a) 8 feet.
(b) 9 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
10. What did the villagers of Platero give the Americans to drink at a feast?
(a) Papaya wine.
(b) Coconut wine.
(c) Homemade beer.
11. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) A house.
(b) A skyscraper.
(c) A barn.
(d) An apartment building.
12. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile east of the camp.
(b) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(c) About a mile west of the camp.
(d) About a mile northeast of the camp.
13. When did Corregidor surrender?
14. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 5 to 6 hours.
(b) 7 to 8 hours.
(c) 9 to10 hours.
(d) 3 to 4 hours.
15. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(a) Pork chops.
(b) Chicken salad.
(d) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
2. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
3. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
4. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
5. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)