|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Murphy attend college?
(c) Notre Dame.
2. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
(b) Roman Catholic.
3. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(b) Piper Cubs.
4. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
5. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Bob Body.
(c) Ralph Rodriguez.
(d) Tommie Thomas.
6. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) His arm.
(b) Two fingers.
(c) His leg.
(d) His ankle.
7. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
(c) Rats or dogs.
8. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
(a) Cooked vegetables.
(b) Water and rice balls.
(c) Water and noodles.
9. Who was killed by friendly fire at Cabanatuan?
(a) Lawrence Robinson.
(b) Francis Schilli.
(c) Charles Brown.
(d) Roy Sweezy.
10. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
11. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
(a) 9 pounds.
(b) 7 pounds.
(c) 6 pounds.
(d) 8 pounds.
12. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Ankle deep.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Chin high.
13. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
(a) 450 rounds.
(b) 550 rounds.
(c) 350 rounds.
(d) 750 rounds.
14. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Chicken salad.
(d) Pork chops.
15. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
2. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
3. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
4. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
5. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)