|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) The side of a building.
(b) An old oil drum.
(c) A rusty metal triangle.
(d) A wooden crate.
2. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(d) New Mexico.
3. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
4. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 7:45 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
(a) Charlie Chaplin.
(b) Little Speedo.
(c) Liver Lips.
(d) Big Speedo.
6. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(b) Chicken salad.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) Pork chops.
7. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) Just south of the camp.
(b) East of the camp.
(c) West of the camp.
(d) Just north of the camp.
8. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(c) Piper Cubs.
9. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
(a) "I'm Beginning to See the Light."
(b) "Some Enchanted Evening."
(c) "Wait 'Til the Sun Shines, Nellie."
(d) "Sentimental Journey."
10. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Chin high.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Ankle deep.
11. Near what river was Platero situated?
(a) Davao River.
(b) Jalaur River.
(c) Pampanga River.
(d) Siniloan River.
12. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
13. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 3 men.
(b) 6 men.
(c) 5 men.
(d) 4 men.
14. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 8:30 p.m.
15. Where did Prince grow up?
(b) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
2. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
3. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
4. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
5. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)