|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Moro Gulf.
(b) Baler Bay.
(c) Lingayen Gulf.
(d) Manila Bay.
2. What nationality was Fuentes?
3. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 7 to 8 hours.
(b) 9 to10 hours.
(c) 5 to 6 hours.
(d) 3 to 4 hours.
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Burke.
(b) James Duckworth.
(c) Frederick Amos.
(d) Robert Strong.
5. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Chicken salad.
(d) Pork chops.
6. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
7. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) John Murphy.
(b) Joe Youngblood.
(c) Roy Swezy.
(d) William Proudfit.
8. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
9. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
(a) 9 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 8 feet.
(d) 7 feet.
10. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Andrea Browning.
(b) Jane Nickerson.
(c) Claire Phillips.
(d) Mary Anderson.
11. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
(a) A mile.
(b) 250 yards.
(c) 500 yards.
(d) 1/2 mile.
12. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
(b) Some rice.
(c) A chicken egg.
(d) Some fruit.
13. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
14. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
(a) In 1943.
(b) In 1940.
(c) In 1944.
(d) In 1941.
15. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
2. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
3. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
4. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
5. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)