|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 10,000 troops.
(b) 3,000 troops.
(c) 5,000 troops.
(d) 7,000 troops.
2. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) Just north of the camp.
(b) West of the camp.
(c) Just south of the camp.
(d) East of the camp.
3. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(a) Fried chicken.
(c) Pork chops.
(d) Chicken salad.
4. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Mary Anderson.
(b) Jane Nickerson.
(c) Claire Phillips.
(d) Andrea Browning.
5. Near what river was Platero situated?
(a) Siniloan River.
(b) Davao River.
(c) Pampanga River.
(d) Jalaur River.
6. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
7. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
8. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
(a) F4F Wildcats.
(b) Navy Hellcats.
(c) P-36 Hawks.
9. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Strong.
(b) Robert Burke.
(c) Frederick Amos.
(d) James Duckworth.
10. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) Several large roasts.
(b) An entire baked pig.
(c) Several cooked chickens.
(d) Baked bread.
11. Where did Prince grow up?
(b) Los Angeles.
12. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
13. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
14. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
(a) Frank Bridget.
(b) Henry Lee.
(c) Robert Taylor.
(d) Manny Lawton.
15. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
Short Answer Questions
1. From where was Chaplain Robert Preston Taylor?
2. Who was killed by friendly fire at Cabanatuan?
3. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
4. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
5. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)