|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 48 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
(a) Water and noodles.
(b) Cooked vegetables.
(d) Water and rice balls.
3. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
4. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) William Proudfit.
(b) Roy Swezy.
(c) John Murphy.
(d) Joe Youngblood.
5. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
6. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
(a) Rats or dogs.
7. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
8. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
(a) The Resting Place.
(b) Death Hill.
(c) Bone Hill.
(d) Skeleton Plot.
9. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
(a) Liver Lips.
(b) Charlie Chaplin.
(c) Little Speedo.
(d) Big Speedo.
10. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
(b) New Guinea.
11. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 3 to 4 hours.
(b) 5 to 6 hours.
(c) 9 to10 hours.
(d) 7 to 8 hours.
12. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 8:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 10:30 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
13. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
(a) His leg.
(b) His ankle.
(c) His arm.
(d) Two fingers.
14. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) West of the camp.
(b) Just north of the camp.
(c) East of the camp.
(d) Just south of the camp.
15. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Burke.
(b) Frederick Amos.
(c) Robert Strong.
(d) James Duckworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
2. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
3. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
4. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
5. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)