|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
2. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Mayon.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Arayat.
3. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) Roy Swezy.
(b) John Murphy.
(c) Joe Youngblood.
(d) William Proudfit.
4. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 6 men.
(b) 4 men.
(c) 5 men.
(d) 3 men.
5. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
(b) Rats or dogs.
6. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
(a) P-36 Hawks.
(b) Navy Hellcats.
(d) F4F Wildcats.
7. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(a) Piper Cubs.
8. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
9. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Sierra Madre foothills.
(b) The Caraballo foothills.
(c) The Kitanglad foothills.
(d) The Zambales foothills.
10. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) About 35.
(b) About 20.
(c) More than 40.
(d) More than 30.
11. Who was killed by friendly fire at Cabanatuan?
(a) Roy Sweezy.
(b) Francis Schilli.
(c) Lawrence Robinson.
(d) Charles Brown.
12. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) An entire baked pig.
(b) Several large roasts.
(c) Baked bread.
(d) Several cooked chickens.
13. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Baler Bay.
(b) Moro Gulf.
(c) Manila Bay.
(d) Lingayen Gulf.
14. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
(a) Andrea Browning.
(b) Claire Phillips.
(c) Jane Nickerson.
(d) Mary Anderson.
15. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) Some fruit.
(b) Some rice.
(c) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
(d) A chicken egg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
2. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
3. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
4. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
5. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)