|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
2. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 10,000 troops.
(b) 5,000 troops.
(c) 7,000 troops.
(d) 3,000 troops.
3. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A wooden crate.
(b) A rusty metal triangle.
(c) An old oil drum.
(d) The side of a building.
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Frederick Amos.
(b) Robert Burke.
(c) James Duckworth.
(d) Robert Strong.
5. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
6. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 7 to 8 hours.
(b) 3 to 4 hours.
(c) 9 to10 hours.
(d) 5 to 6 hours.
7. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
(a) An entire baked pig.
(b) Several cooked chickens.
(c) Several large roasts.
(d) Baked bread.
8. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
9. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
(a) 750 rounds.
(b) 450 rounds.
(c) 550 rounds.
(d) 350 rounds.
10. Where did Prince attend college?
11. Where did Prince grow up?
(c) Los Angeles.
12. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Taal.
(b) Mount Arayat.
(c) Mount Mayon.
(d) Mount Pinatubo.
13. Who was the second Ranger to enter Cabanatuan?
(a) Walter Ruig.
(b) Marcos Keithley.
(c) Leland Provencher.
(d) John Ryan.
14. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Kitanglad foothills.
(b) The Sierra Madre foothills.
(c) The Zambales foothills.
(d) The Caraballo foothills.
15. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
2. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
3. What did Colonel Duckworth break when fleeing the camp?
4. What constantly appeared in Abie Abraham's dreams when he was a prisoner at Cabanatuan?
5. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)