|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Prince attend college?
2. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Pinatubo.
(b) Mount Arayat.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Mayon.
3. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) The Teacher.
(b) Mata Hari.
(c) High Pockets.
(d) Geisha Lady.
4. From where was Chaplain Robert Preston Taylor?
(c) New Mexico.
5. What was the camp's prime meeting ground named by the prisoners?
(b) Main Street.
(c) Times Square.
(d) Fifth Avenue.
6. Where did John Murphy attend college?
(d) Notre Dame.
7. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 36 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
8. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) More than 40.
(b) About 35.
(c) More than 30.
(d) About 20.
9. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 3 men.
(b) 4 men.
(c) 6 men.
(d) 5 men.
10. Who removed a metal fragment from Rounsaville?
11. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Ankle deep.
(c) Knee high.
(d) Chin high.
12. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
13. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
14. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Ralph Rodriguez.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Bob Body.
(d) Bert Bank.
15. Who was killed by friendly fire at Cabanatuan?
(a) Charles Brown.
(b) Lawrence Robinson.
(c) Francis Schilli.
(d) Roy Sweezy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Prince grow up?
2. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
3. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
4. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
5. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)