|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Ralph Rodriguez.
(d) Bob Body.
2. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
3. Near what river was Platero situated?
(a) Pampanga River.
(b) Davao River.
(c) Jalaur River.
(d) Siniloan River.
4. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
5. Where did Prince grow up?
(d) Los Angeles.
6. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 20 mintues.
(d) 45 minutes.
7. What was the most popular class in the prison, "University of the Far East"?
8. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
(a) 130 pounds.
(b) 120 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
9. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) William Proudfit.
(b) Joe Youngblood.
(c) Roy Swezy.
(d) John Murphy.
10. What did the villagers of Platero give the Americans to drink at a feast?
(a) Coconut wine.
(b) Homemade beer.
(c) Papaya wine.
11. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) About 20.
(b) About 35.
(c) More than 40.
(d) More than 30.
12. Where did Prince attend college?
13. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
(c) Rats or dogs.
14. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 6 men.
(b) 3 men.
(c) 5 men.
(d) 4 men.
15. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
2. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
3. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
4. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
5. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)