|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) Geisha Lady.
(b) High Pockets.
(c) Mata Hari.
(d) The Teacher.
2. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(b) About a mile west of the camp.
(c) About a mile east of the camp.
(d) About a mile northeast of the camp.
3. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) More than 40.
(b) About 20.
(c) About 35.
(d) More than 30.
4. What did the prisoners steal from a farmer when they were alone at Cabanatuan?
5. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 4 men.
(b) 3 men.
(c) 6 men.
(d) 5 men.
6. Who was the American provost-marshal in charge of perimeter patrols at Cabanatuan?
(a) Bob Body.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Bert Bank.
(d) Ralph Rodriguez.
7. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Arayat.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Mayon.
8. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
9. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 36 hours.
(d) 48 hours.
10. Who removed the padlock from the front gate of Cabanatuan?
(a) John Spradlin.
(b) Ray Fouts.
(c) Lesley Palmer.
(d) Teddy Richardson.
11. Who was the second Ranger to enter Cabanatuan?
(a) John Ryan.
(b) Marcos Keithley.
(c) Walter Ruig.
(d) Leland Provencher.
12. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) An old oil drum.
(b) A rusty metal triangle.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) A wooden crate.
13. Near what river was Platero situated?
(a) Pampanga River.
(b) Davao River.
(c) Jalaur River.
(d) Siniloan River.
14. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 5,000 troops.
(b) 3,000 troops.
(c) 7,000 troops.
(d) 10,000 troops.
15. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' real name?
2. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
3. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
4. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
5. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)