|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
2. Who was the most reluctant prisoner to leave the camp?
(a) Abie Abraham.
(b) James Duckworth.
(c) Bob Body.
(d) Ralph Hibbs.
3. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A rusty metal triangle.
(b) An old oil drum.
(c) The side of a building.
(d) A wooden crate.
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Burke.
(b) James Duckworth.
(c) Frederick Amos.
(d) Robert Strong.
5. What nationality was Fuentes?
6. What did the prisoners trap to eat for extra protein?
(d) Rats or dogs.
7. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(d) Piper Cubs.
8. What color was Dorothy Clara Fuentes' hair?
9. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) A chicken egg.
(b) Some rice.
(c) Some fruit.
(d) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
10. When did the Rangers and prisoners leave Platero?
(a) 10:30 p.m.
(b) 10:00 p.m.
(c) 8:30 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
11. When did Corregidor surrender?
12. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
(a) Burying the dead.
(b) Working on the airstrip.
(c) Working on the Farm.
(d) Cutting wood.
13. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) A house.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A skyscraper.
(d) A barn.
14. What was the nickname for the woman who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
(a) High Pockets.
(b) Mata Hari.
(c) Geisha Lady.
(d) The Teacher.
15. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
2. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
3. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
4. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
5. Where was John Murphy from?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)