|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
2. Who would fire the inaugural shot to start the raid?
(a) William Proudfit.
(b) John Murphy.
(c) Roy Swezy.
(d) Joe Youngblood.
3. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Mayon.
(b) Mount Arayat.
(c) Mount Pinatubo.
(d) Mount Taal.
4. From where did Alamo Scouts rescue Dutch prisoners of war?
(a) New Guinea.
5. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Caraballo foothills.
(b) The Zambales foothills.
(c) The Kitanglad foothills.
(d) The Sierra Madre foothills.
6. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
(d) Roman Catholic.
7. How many men were injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
(a) 6 men.
(b) 4 men.
(c) 5 men.
(d) 3 men.
8. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
(a) In 1944.
(b) In 1940.
(c) In 1941.
(d) In 1943.
9. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Baler Bay.
(b) Moro Gulf.
(c) Lingayen Gulf.
(d) Manila Bay.
10. How many rounds could an automatic heavy rifle shoot per minute?
(a) 750 rounds.
(b) 550 rounds.
(c) 350 rounds.
(d) 450 rounds.
11. Where did Prince grow up?
(c) Los Angeles.
12. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) A house.
(b) An apartment building.
(c) A barn.
(d) A skyscraper.
13. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
14. What type of American plane flew over Cabanatuan as Mucci requested?
15. After talking with the Alamo Scouts and Pajota, how long did Mucci decide to wait before attempting the rescue?
(a) 24 hours.
(b) 36 hours.
(c) 48 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of weed were the Rangers stepping through on January 29?
2. What was the Cabanatuan Camp cemetery called?
3. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
4. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
5. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)