|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
2. What did Ralph Hibbs asks the prisoners to start killing during the last weeks of January 1945?
3. Where did Joson and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) West of the camp.
(b) Just north of the camp.
(c) Just south of the camp.
(d) East of the camp.
4. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) Robert Burke.
(b) Robert Strong.
(c) James Duckworth.
(d) Frederick Amos.
5. How much sleep did the Rangers get in the last seventy-two hours as they were marching prisoners to freedom?
(a) 5 to 6 hours.
(b) 9 to10 hours.
(c) 7 to 8 hours.
(d) 3 to 4 hours.
6. What time did Pajota set a bomb to detonate on the Cabu River bridge?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 7:45 p.m.
(c) 8:00 p.m.
(d) 6:30 p.m.
7. Where did Dr. Jimmy Fisher obtain his medical education?
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) University of Iowa.
8. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
(a) The Caraballo foothills.
(b) The Kitanglad foothills.
(c) The Zambales foothills.
(d) The Sierra Madre foothills.
9. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
(a) Abulog River.
(b) Marikina River.
(c) Pulangi River.
(d) Talavera River.
10. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
(b) Some rice.
(c) Some fruit.
(d) A chicken egg.
11. Where was the glow of fighting coming from that the prisoners could see from Cabanatuan in early January?
(a) Lingayen Gulf.
(b) Baler Bay.
(c) Moro Gulf.
(d) Manila Bay.
12. Who died just as the prisoners and Rangers crossed American lines?
13. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
(a) New Mexico.
14. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
15. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
2. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
3. How long after the raid had begun did Captain Prince leave Cabanatuan?
4. What type of fighter planes flew over Cabanatuan January 19?
5. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)