|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the Rangers was seriously injured when a Japanese soldier fired a knee mortar?
2. Where did John Murphy attend college?
(a) Notre Dame.
3. Where was Dr. Fisher raised?
(d) New Hampshire.
4. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
(a) 8 pounds.
(b) 7 pounds.
(c) 6 pounds.
(d) 9 pounds.
5. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
(a) Had it hanging down his back.
(b) Hid it down his pant leg.
(c) Wrapped it in a bundle on his back.
(d) Strapped it to the underbelly of a carabao.
6. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
7. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
(a) The Bible and "Notes from the Underground."
(b) The Bible and "Crime and Punishment."
(c) The Bible and "The House of the Dead."
(d) The Bible and "The Brothers Karamazov."
8. When did Corregidor surrender?
9. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
(b) Water and rice balls.
(c) Water and noodles.
(d) Cooked vegetables.
10. What song was Ralph Rodriguez playing on a phonograph the evening of January 30?
(a) "Sentimental Journey."
(b) "Wait 'Til the Sun Shines, Nellie."
(c) "Some Enchanted Evening."
(d) "I'm Beginning to See the Light."
11. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Pinatubo.
(b) Mount Arayat.
(c) Mount Mayon.
(d) Mount Taal.
12. Where did Bill Nellist grow up?
13. What type of planes crossed and recrossed Cabanatuan on January 19?
(a) Piper Cubs.
14. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
(a) About a mile northeast of the camp.
(b) About a mile east of the camp.
(c) About a mile southeast of the camp.
(d) About a mile west of the camp.
15. How many carts drawn by carabao carry prisoners when they left Platero?
(a) About 20.
(b) More than 30.
(c) More than 40.
(d) About 35.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
2. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
3. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
4. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
5. What was the largest non-American contingent of prisoners at Cabanatuan?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)