|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(d) Staff Sergeant.
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) Thompson submachine guns.
(b) M-1 Garand.
(d) .45 caliber pistols.
6. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 12 men.
(b) 11 men.
(c) 10 men.
(d) 9 men.
7. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
8. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) Cal Poly.
(b) Santa Clara University.
(c) University of California Riverside.
(d) University of California Davis.
9. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
10. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Mercedes Benz.
(b) A Lincoln Continental.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Cadillac.
11. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had been stabbed in the back.
(b) He had had a finger cut off.
(c) He had a deep gash in his head.
(d) He had been knocked unconscious.
12. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Taskmaster.
(d) The Buzzard.
13. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) One ration.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Three rations.
(d) Two rations.
14. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
15. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Georgia.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) University of Louisiana.
(d) University of Mississippi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
3. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)