|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(a) Guard towers.
(c) An airstrip.
2. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
(a) The Butcher.
(b) The God of Operations.
(c) The Hatchet Man.
(d) The Spy.
3. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
4. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
5. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 65,000 Filipinos.
(b) 72,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
6. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(b) FW 190s.
(c) P 51s.
7. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 55 men.
(d) 60 men.
8. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(c) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
(d) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
9. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) November 1941.
(b) February 1940.
(c) March 1942.
(d) January 1939.
10. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) Santa Clara University.
(b) University of California Riverside.
(c) Cal Poly.
(d) University of California Davis.
11. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On December 8.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On November 11.
(d) On October 13.
12. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
13. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(b) .45 caliber pistols.
(c) M-1 Garand.
(d) Thompson submachine guns.
14. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You will be safe with me.
(b) You have friends here.
(c) Come with me.
(d) Tell them yourself.
15. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Indiana.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Illinois.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
2. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
3. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)