|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
2. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Battle of Midway.
(c) The Battle of Imphal.
(d) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
3. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Pumice beach.
(b) White sandy beach.
(c) Rocky beach.
(d) Coral beach.
5. What was Abraham's wife's name?
6. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Curtis LeMay.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Holland Smith.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
7. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Come with me.
(c) You will be safe with me.
(d) Tell them yourself.
8. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) January 1939.
(b) November 1941.
(c) March 1942.
(d) February 1940.
9. How many prisoners loaded into each boxcar?
(a) 50 prisoners.
(b) 75 prisoners.
(c) 100 prisoners.
(d) 125 prisoners.
10. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 55 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 60 men.
11. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(b) The American got stabbed in the back.
(c) The American got decapitated.
(d) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
12. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(b) The record for sitting in a tree.
(c) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(d) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
13. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(b) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(c) General Keisuke Fujie.
(d) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
14. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
15. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On February 12.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On January 4.
(d) On April 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
2. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
3. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)