|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
2. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(b) San Juan.
3. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Riverside.
(b) Cal Poly.
(c) Santa Clara University.
(d) University of California Davis.
4. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Georgia.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) University of Louisiana.
(d) University of Mississippi.
5. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Walter Krueger.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Curtis LeMay.
(d) General Holland Smith.
6. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Captain Prince.
(b) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
(c) Ranger Dykes.
(d) Colonel Mucci.
7. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
8. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(b) Lieutenant Major.
9. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
(a) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On January 2.
(b) On November 11.
(c) On December 8.
(d) On October 13.
11. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
12. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
13. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
14. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 900 men.
(c) 500 men.
(d) 700 men.
15. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 60 men.
(c) 55 men.
(d) 50 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
2. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
3. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
4. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)