|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Keisuke Fujie.
(b) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(c) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(d) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
2. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(a) FW 190s.
(d) P 51s.
3. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(b) Staff Sergeant.
4. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. What did Cabanatuan mean?
(a) Place of rocks.
(b) Place of goats.
(c) Place of the headhunters.
(d) Place of the rivers.
6. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
7. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(b) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(c) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(d) The record for sitting in a tree.
8. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
(a) The Spy.
(b) The God of Operations.
(c) The Butcher.
(d) The Hatchet Man.
9. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Luzon.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
10. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
11. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(a) Lieutenant Major.
12. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Taskmaster.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Buzzard.
13. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) November 1941.
(b) February 1940.
(c) January 1939.
(d) March 1942.
14. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
(a) One friend.
(b) Four friends.
(c) Three friends.
(d) Two friends.
15. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(b) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(c) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
3. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
4. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
5. When was Abie Abraham shipped to the Philippines?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)