|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 64,000.
(b) Approximately 78,000.
(c) About 57,000.
(d) Approximately 91,000.
2. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
(a) Four friends.
(b) Two friends.
(c) One friend.
(d) Three friends.
3. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Buzzard.
(d) The Taskmaster.
4. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yagasaki.
(b) General Goto.
(c) General Yamashita.
(d) General Saeda.
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You will be safe with me.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) Come with me.
(d) You have friends here.
6. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One ration.
7. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
(a) The Butcher.
(b) The Spy.
(c) The God of Operations.
(d) The Hatchet Man.
8. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
9. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 10 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 11 men.
(d) 9 men.
10. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) An old Catholic church bell.
(b) A gong.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A large drum.
11. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
12. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Battle of Imphal.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) The Battle of Midway.
13. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Captain Prince.
(b) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
(c) Ranger Dykes.
(d) Colonel Mucci.
14. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(c) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(d) The fall of Fort Sumter.
15. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Delano Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Hamilton Field.
(d) Clark Field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
2. Where did the trains take prisoners?
3. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
4. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)