|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 2 to 3 hours.
(b) After 7 hours.
(c) After 3 to 4 hours.
(d) After 5 hours.
3. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 100 miles south.
(d) 100 miles north.
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
5. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
6. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 78,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 91,000.
(d) About 64,000.
7. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Jap Eyes.
(b) Photo Spies.
(c) Eyes in the Sky.
(d) Photo Joe.
8. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Nearly four years.
(b) Nearly three years.
(c) About two years.
(d) About a year and a half.
9. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
10. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker under Manilla.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
11. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
12. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Robert Pritchford.
(b) C. C. Smith.
(c) Quentine Devore.
(d) Vernon Booth.
13. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Nevada.
(b) The University of South Dakota.
(c) The University of Utah.
(d) The Unversity of Montana.
14. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Buzzard.
(b) The Taskmaster.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Turkey.
15. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(b) The record for sitting in a tree.
(c) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(d) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
2. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
3. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
4. What was Abraham's wife's name?
5. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)