|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Come with me.
(c) Tell them yourself.
(d) You will be safe with me.
2. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin K.
(b) Lack of Vitamin D.
(c) Lack of Vitamin C.
(d) Lack of Vitamin B.
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On January 4.
(c) On February 12.
(d) On March 8.
4. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(b) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(c) The American got stabbed in the back.
(d) The American got decapitated.
5. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(c) The Battle of Imphal.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
6. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 91,000.
(b) Approximately 78,000.
(c) About 64,000.
(d) About 57,000.
7. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
8. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourth Imperial Army.
(c) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(d) Sixth Imperial Army.
9. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
10. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
11. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(d) Tarlac City.
12. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Clinging to driftwood.
(b) Washed up on the far shore.
(c) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
13. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Lincoln Continental.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Mercedes Benz.
14. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
15. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
(a) San Simon.
(b) Santa Ana.
(c) Santa Rita.
(d) San Fernando.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
2. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
3. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
4. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
5. What was Abraham's wife's name?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)