|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Red.
(b) War Plan Blue.
(c) War Plan Orange.
(d) War Plan Green.
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General Douglas MacArthur.
(b) General George S. Patton.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
3. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Clark Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Delano Field.
(d) Hamilton Field.
4. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had a deep gash in his head.
(b) He had been knocked unconscious.
(c) He had had a finger cut off.
(d) He had been stabbed in the back.
5. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Jap Eyes.
(b) Photo Spies.
(c) Photo Joe.
(d) Eyes in the Sky.
6. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin D.
(b) Lack of Vitamin C.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin K.
7. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
8. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Utah.
(b) The Unversity of Montana.
(c) The University of South Dakota.
(d) The University of Nevada.
9. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
10. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 78,000.
(b) About 64,000.
(c) About 57,000.
(d) Approximately 91,000.
11. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Imphal.
(b) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
12. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
(a) Two friends.
(b) Three friends.
(c) Four friends.
(d) One friend.
13. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(b) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(c) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(d) The record for sitting in a tree.
14. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
15. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
2. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
3. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
4. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)