|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) C. C. Smith.
(b) Quentine Devore.
(c) Vernon Booth.
(d) Robert Pritchford.
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On November 11.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On October 13.
(d) On December 8.
3. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
4. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
(a) 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
6. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) .45 caliber pistols.
(b) M-1 Garand.
(d) Thompson submachine guns.
7. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
8. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
9. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 200 miles north.
(d) 100 miles south.
10. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A gong.
(b) A large drum.
(c) An old Catholic church bell.
(d) A trumpet.
11. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(c) Staff Sergeant.
12. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin D.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin K.
13. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(a) La Paz.
14. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Powdered eggs.
(c) Corned-beef hash.
15. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On March 8.
(b) On April 9.
(c) On January 4.
(d) On February 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
2. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
3. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
4. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
5. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)