|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
2. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 55 men.
(d) 60 men.
3. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yamashita.
(b) General Yagasaki.
(c) General Saeda.
(d) General Goto.
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Walter Krueger.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Holland Smith.
(d) General Curtis LeMay.
5. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) M-1 Garand.
(b) .45 caliber pistols.
(d) Thompson submachine guns.
6. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
7. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
8. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) You will be safe with me.
(d) Come with me.
9. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for sitting in a tree.
(b) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
(c) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(d) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
10. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
11. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had had a finger cut off.
(b) He had a deep gash in his head.
(c) He had been stabbed in the back.
(d) He had been knocked unconscious.
12. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Alabama.
(b) University of Georgia.
(c) University of Louisiana.
(d) University of Mississippi.
13. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Hastings, Michigan.
(b) Flint, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
14. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Ranger Dykes.
(b) Captain Prince.
(c) Colonel Mucci.
(d) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
15. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
2. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
3. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
4. What did Abraham raise in his backyard during his time stationed in the Philippines?
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)