|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
2. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
3. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(d) Chocolate bars.
4. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
(a) Murakami Hyoe.
(b) Masanobu Tsuji.
(c) Takeo Imai.
(d) Hajime Sugiyama.
5. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Two rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Three rations.
(d) One ration.
6. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 75,000 Filipinos.
(b) 72,000 Filipinos.
(c) 65,000 Filipinos.
(d) 68,000 Filipinos.
7. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
(a) April 2, 1942.
(b) April 22, 1942.
(c) April 30, 1942.
(d) April 10, 1942.
8. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) An old Catholic church bell.
(c) A large drum.
(d) A gong.
9. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(c) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
(d) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
10. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) General George S. Patton.
11. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(c) San Juan.
12. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Buzzard.
(d) The Taskmaster.
13. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
14. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 60 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 55 men.
15. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
2. What did Colonel Tsuji once claim to have eaten?
3. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
5. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)