|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Taskmaster.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Buzzard.
3. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) The Battle of Imphal.
4. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(b) The American got stabbed in the back.
(c) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(d) The American got decapitated.
5. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 2 to 3 hours.
(b) After 5 hours.
(c) After 7 hours.
(d) After 3 to 4 hours.
6. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Mississippi.
(b) University of Alabama.
(c) University of Louisiana.
(d) University of Georgia.
7. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 41 ounces of food.
(b) 15 ounces of food.
(c) 20 ounces of food.
(d) 32 ounces of food.
8. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
9. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
10. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One ration.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One half of a ration.
11. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(a) Tarlac City.
12. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
13. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Death Walk.
(b) The March.
(c) The Mission.
(d) The Hike.
14. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
(a) About 10,000.
(b) No more than 5,000.
(c) No more than 9,000.
(d) About 12,000.
15. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Davis.
(b) University of California Riverside.
(c) Santa Clara University.
(d) Cal Poly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
2. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
4. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
5. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)