|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hastings, Michigan.
(c) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On December 8.
(b) On November 11.
(c) On October 13.
(d) On January 2.
3. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
4. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 900 men.
(b) 500 men.
(c) 700 men.
(d) 1,000 men.
5. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yamashita.
(b) General Yagasaki.
(c) General Saeda.
(d) General Goto.
6. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
7. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(c) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
(d) General Douglas MacArthur.
8. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A large drum.
(b) A gong.
(c) An old Catholic church bell.
(d) A trumpet.
9. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Robert Pritchford.
(b) C. C. Smith.
(c) Quentine Devore.
(d) Vernon Booth.
10. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
11. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(b) Washed up on the far shore.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
12. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(b) Corned-beef hash.
(c) Powdered eggs.
13. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Photo Joe.
(b) Eyes in the Sky.
(c) Jap Eyes.
(d) Photo Spies.
14. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
15. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
(a) San Fernando.
(b) Santa Rita.
(c) San Simon.
(d) Santa Ana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
3. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
4. What was Colonel Tsuji called by the young Japanese officers?
5. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)