|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
3. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Hamilton Field.
(b) Delano Field.
(c) Pearce Field.
(d) Clark Field.
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Orange.
(b) War Plan Blue.
(c) War Plan Red.
(d) War Plan Green.
6. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(c) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
(d) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
7. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) February 1940.
(b) January 1939.
(c) November 1941.
(d) March 1942.
8. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) M-1 Garand.
(b) Thompson submachine guns.
(c) .45 caliber pistols.
9. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
10. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(c) Chocolate bars.
11. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Utah.
(b) The University of Nevada.
(c) The Unversity of Montana.
(d) The University of South Dakota.
12. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
13. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
14. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 7 hours.
(b) After 5 hours.
(c) After 2 to 3 hours.
(d) After 3 to 4 hours.
15. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(c) Powdered eggs.
(d) Corned-beef hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
3. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
4. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
5. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)