|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 60 men.
(b) 55 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 45 men.
2. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(d) San Juan.
3. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) One ration.
(b) Two rations.
(c) One half of a ration.
(d) Three rations.
4. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(c) Tarlac City.
5. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Lincoln Continental.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Mercedes Benz.
6. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 100 miles north.
(c) 100 miles south.
(d) 200 miles south.
7. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
8. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(d) Staff Sergeant.
9. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Louisiana.
(b) University of Mississippi.
(c) University of Georgia.
(d) University of Alabama.
10. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
(a) April 2, 1942.
(b) April 22, 1942.
(c) April 30, 1942.
(d) April 10, 1942.
11. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got decapitated.
(b) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(c) The American got stabbed in the back.
(d) The American got stabbed in the chest.
12. What did Abraham raise in his backyard during his time stationed in the Philippines?
13. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Death Walk.
(b) The March.
(c) The Hike.
(d) The Mission.
14. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
(a) 30 to 35 years of age.
(b) 40 to 45 years of age.
(c) 25 to 30 years of age.
(d) 17 to 18 years of age.
15. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ward called where they placed critically ill patients at Camp O'Donnell?
2. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
4. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
5. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)