|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Four years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
2. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
3. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Nearly three years.
(b) Nearly four years.
(c) About two years.
(d) About a year and a half.
4. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
5. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
6. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Captain Prince.
(b) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
(c) Ranger Dykes.
(d) Colonel Mucci.
7. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
8. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 700 men.
(b) 900 men.
(c) 500 men.
(d) 1,000 men.
9. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
10. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
(a) The American got decapitated.
(b) The American got stabbed in the chest.
(c) The American got stabbed and left to drown.
(d) The American got stabbed in the back.
11. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
12. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin D.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin K.
13. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(c) San Juan.
14. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On February 12.
(d) On January 4.
15. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
2. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
3. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)