|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
2. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) Santa Clara University.
(b) University of California Riverside.
(c) University of California Davis.
(d) Cal Poly.
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 25,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
4. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About a year and a half.
(b) About two years.
(c) Nearly four years.
(d) Nearly three years.
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
6. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(b) Sixth Imperial Army.
(c) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(d) Fourth Imperial Army.
7. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 1 p.m.
(c) At 3 p.m.
(d) At 4 p.m.
8. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Mercedes Benz.
(d) A Lincoln Continental.
9. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin B.
(c) Lack of Vitamin K.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
10. What was Abie Abraham's rank?
(a) Staff Sergeant.
11. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
12. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Rocky beach.
(b) Coral beach.
(c) Pumice beach.
(d) White sandy beach.
13. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
14. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Corned-beef hash.
(c) Powdered eggs.
15. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
(b) La Paz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
2. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
3. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
5. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)