|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Walter Krueger.
(b) General Holland Smith.
(c) General Curtis LeMay.
(d) General Henry Arnold.
2. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
(a) Had it hanging down his back.
(b) Hid it down his pant leg.
(c) Strapped it to the underbelly of a carabao.
(d) Wrapped it in a bundle on his back.
3. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(b) San Juan.
4. What language did Dr. Fisher speak fluently?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners at Cabanatuan see on the morning of September 24.
2. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
3. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
4. Where did the trains take prisoners?
5. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)