|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12 and 13 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(b) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
(d) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
2. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 275,000 troops.
(b) 150,000 troops.
(c) 250,000 troops.
(d) 175,000 troops.
3. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) February 18, 1945.
(b) December 31, 1944.
(c) March 5, 1945.
(d) January 7, 1945.
4. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
5. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The East China Sea.
(b) The South China Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
3. What was Dr. Fisher's religious background?
4. Where was Dr. Fisher raised?
5. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)