|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
(a) Some fruit.
(b) Vegetables wrapped in banana leaves.
(c) Some rice.
(d) A chicken egg.
2. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
3. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A wooden crate.
(b) An old oil drum.
(c) A rusty metal triangle.
(d) The side of a building.
4. What nationality was the priest allowed to enter Cabanatuan camp?
5. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 121 Rangers.
(b) 98 Rangers.
(c) 75 Rangers.
(d) 135 Rangers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
2. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
3. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
4. Two weeks after the storehouse raids at Cabanatuan, what did Ralph Rodriguez weigh?
5. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)