|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Eugene Dykes.
(b) Robert Prince.
(c) Tommie Thomas.
(d) Bert Bank.
2. After prisoners shipped out of Cabanatuan, who became the commanding American officer?
(a) James Duckworth.
(b) Robert Burke.
(c) Frederick Amos.
(d) Robert Strong.
3. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(d) Tarlac City.
4. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) M-1 Garand.
(b) Thompson submachine guns.
(c) .45 caliber pistols.
5. How far would the Rangers have to crawl on their stomachs toward the camp?
(a) A mile.
(b) 250 yards.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 500 yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new antimalarial drug were the Rangers taking?
2. Where were women, children, and the elderly of Platero and other barrios sent for safety?
3. Approximately how tall was the gate at the main entrance to Cabanatuan?
4. Where did John Murphy attend college?
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)