|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Death Walk.
(b) The Hike.
(c) The March.
(d) The Mission.
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On November 11.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On December 8.
(d) On October 13.
3. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yamashita.
(b) General Saeda.
(c) General Yagasaki.
(d) General Goto.
4. What did the villagers of Platero give the Americans to drink at a feast?
(b) Coconut wine.
(c) Papaya wine.
(d) Homemade beer.
5. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
2. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
3. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
4. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
5. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)