|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Rocky beach.
(b) Pumice beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Coral beach.
2. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) An apartment building.
(b) A skyscraper.
(c) A house.
(d) A barn.
3. How did Lieutenant Nellist hide his M-1when he and Private Vaquilar went to a deserted shack?
(a) Wrapped it in a bundle on his back.
(b) Hid it down his pant leg.
(c) Had it hanging down his back.
(d) Strapped it to the underbelly of a carabao.
4. Who was able to calm the prisoners when locked below the decks on the Oryoku Maru?
(a) Henry Lee.
(b) Frank Bridget.
(c) Robert Taylor.
(d) Manny Lawton.
5. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 275,000 troops.
(b) 175,000 troops.
(c) 150,000 troops.
(d) 250,000 troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
2. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
3. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
4. When was the American Plane that flew over Cabanatuan introduced?
5. Where were the prisoners loaded into boxcars?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)