|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 and 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The Sulu Sea.
(b) The South China Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The East China Sea.
2. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 900 men.
(c) 500 men.
(d) 700 men.
3. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had had a finger cut off.
(b) He had been stabbed in the back.
(c) He had been knocked unconscious.
(d) He had a deep gash in his head.
4. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
5. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 150,000 troops.
(b) 275,000 troops.
(c) 175,000 troops.
(d) 250,000 troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What did one of the locals give Prince to eat?
4. How was the American who tried to drink from a spring killed?
5. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)