|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Flint, Michigan.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Hastings, Michigan.
(d) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
2. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
3. Where did the trains take prisoners?
(d) Tarlac City.
4. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
5. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
(b) Captain Prince.
(c) Colonel Mucci.
(d) Ranger Dykes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
2. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
3. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
5. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)