|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin K.
(b) Lack of Vitamin B.
(c) Lack of Vitamin D.
(d) Lack of Vitamin C.
2. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) February 1940.
(b) January 1939.
(c) November 1941.
(d) March 1942.
3. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
4. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) M-1 Garand.
(b) .45 caliber pistols.
(c) Thompson submachine guns.
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Red.
(b) War Plan Orange.
(c) War Plan Blue.
(d) War Plan Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
2. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)