|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
2. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
(a) Hajime Sugiyama.
(b) Masanobu Tsuji.
(c) Takeo Imai.
(d) Murakami Hyoe.
3. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) March 5, 1945.
(b) December 31, 1944.
(c) January 7, 1945.
(d) February 18, 1945.
4. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Sixth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(c) Fourth Imperial Army.
(d) Twelfth Imperial Army.
5. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had been knocked unconscious.
(b) He had had a finger cut off.
(c) He had a deep gash in his head.
(d) He had been stabbed in the back.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
2. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
3. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
5. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)