|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Eugene Dykes.
(b) Robert Prince.
(c) Tommie Thomas.
(d) Bert Bank.
2. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
(a) University of Louisiana.
(b) University of Mississippi.
(c) University of Georgia.
(d) University of Alabama.
3. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 60 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 55 men.
4. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 98 Rangers.
(b) 75 Rangers.
(c) 135 Rangers.
(d) 121 Rangers.
5. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
(a) 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
3. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
5. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)