|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 75,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 72,000 Filipinos.
(d) 68,000 Filipinos.
2. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
3. What world record did Abraham break when he was 16?
(a) The record for the fastest lunge mile.
(b) The record for sitting in a tree.
(c) The record for the greatest distance covered on a static cycle.
(d) Record for heaviest car balanced on the head.
4. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) Come with me.
(d) You will be safe with me.
5. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
2. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
3. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
4. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
5. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)