|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
2. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Riverside.
(b) University of California Davis.
(c) Santa Clara University.
(d) Cal Poly.
3. What was the approximate temperature inside each boxcar?
(a) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(a) Guard towers.
(d) An airstrip.
5. When did Bertram Bank arrive in Manila?
(a) March 1942.
(b) November 1941.
(c) January 1939.
(d) February 1940.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
2. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
3. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
4. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
5. What did Cabanatuan mean?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)