|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Mission.
(b) The Hike.
(c) The March.
(d) The Death Walk.
2. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
(a) 1out of every 10 prisoners.
(b) 1out of every 5 prisoners.
(c) 1out of every 20 prisoners.
(d) 1out of every 30 prisoners.
3. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) An old Catholic church bell.
(c) A gong.
(d) A large drum.
4. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had a deep gash in his head.
(b) He had been stabbed in the back.
(c) He had had a finger cut off.
(d) He had been knocked unconscious.
5. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 64,000.
(b) Approximately 78,000.
(c) About 57,000.
(d) Approximately 91,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
5. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)