|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) Come with me.
(b) You will be safe with me.
(c) Tell them yourself.
(d) You have friends here.
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One ration.
3. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About two years.
(b) Nearly three years.
(c) About a year and a half.
(d) Nearly four years.
4. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
5. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
2. Where did the trains take prisoners?
3. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
5. Where did Bertram Bank go to college?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)