|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(b) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Washed up on the far shore.
2. What was the date when Abie Abraham and his comrades had to stand near water, but could not drink?
(a) April 30, 1942.
(b) April 22, 1942.
(c) April 10, 1942.
(d) April 2, 1942.
3. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
4. What did the prisoners call the Battan Death March at the time that they were making the trip?
(a) The Mission.
(b) The Death Walk.
(c) The Hike.
(d) The March.
5. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(a) San Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What officer liberated 1,000 American and Filipino prisoners and even gave them advice on what routes to take?
2. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
3. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
4. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)