|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 9 men.
(b) 10 men.
(c) 12 men.
(d) 11 men.
2. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
3. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Yamashita.
(b) General Saeda.
(c) General Goto.
(d) General Yagasaki.
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A large drum.
(b) A trumpet.
(c) A gong.
(d) An old Catholic church bell.
5. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Pacific Sea.
(c) The Philippine Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
2. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
4. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)