|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Goto.
(b) General Yamashita.
(c) General Saeda.
(d) General Yagasaki.
2. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Sulu Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The East China Sea.
3. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 250,000 troops.
(b) 175,000 troops.
(c) 275,000 troops.
(d) 150,000 troops.
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 64,000.
(b) Approximately 91,000.
(c) About 57,000.
(d) Approximately 78,000.
5. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(b) FW 190s.
(d) P 51s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
2. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
3. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
4. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)