|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
2. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
3. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(a) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
(b) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
4. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
5. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(b) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
2. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
3. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
4. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
5. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)