|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 41 ounces of food.
(b) 32 ounces of food.
(c) 15 ounces of food.
(d) 20 ounces of food.
2. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About a year and a half.
(b) Nearly three years.
(c) Nearly four years.
(d) About two years.
3. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles south.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 100 miles north.
(d) 200 miles north.
4. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
5. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Imphal.
(b) The Battle of Midway.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
3. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
4. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)