|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 64,000.
(b) Approximately 78,000.
(c) Approximately 91,000.
(d) About 57,000.
2. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 3 p.m.
(c) At 1 p.m.
(d) At 4 p.m.
3. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 11 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 9 men.
(d) 10 men.
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 60,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 25,000 prisoners.
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(b) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(c) Washed up on the far shore.
(d) Clinging to driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
2. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
4. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
5. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)