|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Wisconsin.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Indiana.
(d) University of Illinois.
3. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One ration.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One half of a ration.
4. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
5. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(b) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(c) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
4. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
5. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)