|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
2. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(a) P 51s.
(d) FW 190s.
3. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Buzzard.
(c) The Turkey.
(d) The Taskmaster.
4. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 7 hours.
(b) After 3 to 4 hours.
(c) After 2 to 3 hours.
(d) After 5 hours.
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 100 miles north.
(d) 200 miles south.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
2. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
3. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)