|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On January 4.
(c) On March 8.
(d) On February 12.
2. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
3. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 1 p.m.
(b) At 4 p.m.
(c) At 2 p.m.
(d) At 3 p.m.
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 78,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 91,000.
(d) About 64,000.
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(b) Clinging to driftwood.
(c) Washed up on the far shore.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
2. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
3. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
4. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
5. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)