|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A gong.
(b) An old Catholic church bell.
(c) A trumpet.
(d) A large drum.
2. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(a) P 51s.
(c) FW 190s.
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Clinging to driftwood.
(b) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(c) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(d) Washed up on the far shore.
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) Come with me.
(d) You will be safe with me.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
2. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
3. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
5. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)