|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Utah.
(b) The University of Nevada.
(c) The University of South Dakota.
(d) The Unversity of Montana.
2. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On February 12.
(c) On January 4.
(d) On March 8.
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 65,000 Filipinos.
(b) 68,000 Filipinos.
(c) 72,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
5. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The Pacific Sea.
(b) The Sulu Sea.
(c) The South China Sea.
(d) The Philippine Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
3. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
4. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
5. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)