|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Quentine Devore.
(b) C. C. Smith.
(c) Vernon Booth.
(d) Robert Pritchford.
2. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(b) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
3. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 64,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 78,000.
(d) Approximately 91,000.
4. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 55 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 60 men.
(d) 50 men.
5. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(a) Lieutenant Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
2. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
4. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
5. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)