|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Green.
(b) War Plan Blue.
(c) War Plan Orange.
(d) War Plan Red.
2. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 700 men.
(c) 900 men.
(d) 500 men.
3. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 121 Rangers.
(b) 135 Rangers.
(c) 75 Rangers.
(d) 98 Rangers.
4. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(b) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(c) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
5. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
(a) One friend.
(b) Two friends.
(c) Three friends.
(d) Four friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
2. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
5. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)