|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Clark Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Hamilton Field.
(d) Delano Field.
2. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 60,000 prisoners.
(b) 40,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 25,000 prisoners.
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Washed up on the far shore.
(b) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
5. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Davis.
(b) University of California Riverside.
(c) Cal Poly.
(d) Santa Clara University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
3. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
5. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)