|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About a year and a half.
(b) About two years.
(c) Nearly four years.
(d) Nearly three years.
2. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
3. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of South Dakota.
(b) The University of Utah.
(c) The University of Nevada.
(d) The Unversity of Montana.
4. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) General George S. Patton.
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
2. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)