|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Holland Smith.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Curtis LeMay.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
2. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
4. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(c) Chocolate bars.
5. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
3. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)