|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
(b) San Juan.
2. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Riverside.
(b) Santa Clara University.
(c) Cal Poly.
(d) University of California Davis.
3. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Henry Arnold.
(b) General Holland Smith.
(c) General Walter Krueger.
(d) General Curtis LeMay.
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Delano Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Hamilton Field.
(d) Clark Field.
5. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 45 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
2. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
3. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
4. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
5. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)