|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 1 p.m.
(b) At 3 p.m.
(c) At 4 p.m.
(d) At 2 p.m.
2. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 500 men.
(c) 700 men.
(d) 900 men.
3. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 15 ounces of food.
(b) 32 ounces of food.
(c) 41 ounces of food.
(d) 20 ounces of food.
4. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The Battle of Imphal.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
5. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
5. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)