|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Robert Pritchford.
(b) Vernon Booth.
(c) Quentine Devore.
(d) C. C. Smith.
2. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 41 ounces of food.
(b) 20 ounces of food.
(c) 32 ounces of food.
(d) 15 ounces of food.
3. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The Battle of Imphal.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles south.
(b) 100 miles north.
(c) 200 miles north.
(d) 100 miles south.
5. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Illinois.
(b) University of Indiana.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Wisconsin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
3. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
4. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
5. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)