|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Clark Field.
(b) Delano Field.
(c) Pearce Field.
(d) Hamilton Field.
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker under Manilla.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
5. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 65,000 Filipinos.
(b) 68,000 Filipinos.
(c) 72,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
3. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
5. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)