|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On January 4.
(d) On February 12.
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(c) General Douglas MacArthur.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(b) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(c) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
4. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Two rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) One ration.
(d) Three rations.
5. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
3. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)