|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 78,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 91,000.
(d) About 64,000.
2. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 11 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 10 men.
(d) 9 men.
3. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
4. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Mercedes Benz.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Lincoln Continental.
(d) A Cadillac.
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
2. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
3. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)