|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Flint, Michigan.
(b) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Hastings, Michigan.
2. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Sixth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(c) Fourth Imperial Army.
(d) Twelfth Imperial Army.
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 25,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
4. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(b) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(c) General Keisuke Fujie.
(d) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
5. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Holland Smith.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Walter Krueger.
(d) General Curtis LeMay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
5. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)