|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Eyes in the Sky.
(b) Photo Joe.
(c) Photo Spies.
(d) Jap Eyes.
2. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Philippine Sea.
(c) The Pacific Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
3. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Hastings, Michigan.
(b) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(c) Flint, Michigan.
(d) Lansing, Michigan.
4. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 500 men.
(b) 1,000 men.
(c) 700 men.
(d) 900 men.
5. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Taskmaster.
(b) The Idiot.
(c) The Buzzard.
(d) The Turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
3. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
4. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)