|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 32 ounces of food.
(b) 15 ounces of food.
(c) 41 ounces of food.
(d) 20 ounces of food.
2. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Turkey.
(b) The Taskmaster.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Buzzard.
3. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Fourth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(c) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(d) Sixth Imperial Army.
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The East China Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
5. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Keisuke Fujie.
(b) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(c) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(d) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
2. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
3. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)