|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Coral beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Pumice beach.
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On February 12.
(c) On March 8.
(d) On January 4.
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 100 miles north.
(d) 200 miles south.
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 11 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 10 men.
(d) 9 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
4. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)