|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 41 ounces of food.
(b) 20 ounces of food.
(c) 32 ounces of food.
(d) 15 ounces of food.
2. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Henry Arnold.
(b) General Walter Krueger.
(c) General Holland Smith.
(d) General Curtis LeMay.
3. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Taskmaster.
(b) The Buzzard.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Turkey.
4. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 3 p.m.
(c) At 1 p.m.
(d) At 4 p.m.
5. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) December 31, 1944.
(b) March 5, 1945.
(c) February 18, 1945.
(d) January 7, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
5. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)