|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) Guard towers.
(d) An airstrip.
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On February 12.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On April 9.
(d) On January 4.
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Curtis LeMay.
(b) General Holland Smith.
(c) General Walter Krueger.
(d) General Henry Arnold.
5. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Keisuke Fujie.
(b) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(c) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(d) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
2. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
3. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)