|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
2. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) Come with me.
(d) You will be safe with me.
3. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Quentine Devore.
(b) Vernon Booth.
(c) C. C. Smith.
(d) Robert Pritchford.
4. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
5. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 900 men.
(b) 700 men.
(c) 1,000 men.
(d) 500 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
2. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)