|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Indiana.
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) One ration.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Three rations.
(d) Two rations.
3. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(c) Lieutenant Major.
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On March 8.
(b) On April 9.
(c) On February 12.
(d) On January 4.
5. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 1 p.m.
(b) At 4 p.m.
(c) At 3 p.m.
(d) At 2 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
2. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
3. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)