|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The Sea of Japan.
(b) The Sulu Sea.
(c) The South China Sea.
(d) The East China Sea.
2. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Hamilton Field.
(b) Delano Field.
(c) Clark Field.
(d) Pearce Field.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
4. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 5 months.
5. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General Douglas MacArthur.
(b) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
2. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
3. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
4. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)