|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 12 men.
(b) 10 men.
(c) 9 men.
(d) 11 men.
2. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 91,000.
(b) About 64,000.
(c) About 57,000.
(d) Approximately 78,000.
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
4. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Hamilton Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Clark Field.
(d) Delano Field.
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
3. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)