|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The East China Sea.
(b) The Sea of Japan.
(c) The Sulu Sea.
(d) The South China Sea.
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) One half of a ration.
(b) One ration.
(c) Three rations.
(d) Two rations.
3. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(b) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(c) General Keisuke Fujie.
(d) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
4. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Orange.
(b) War Plan Green.
(c) War Plan Blue.
(d) War Plan Red.
5. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) An airstrip.
(c) Guard towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
2. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
3. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
4. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)