|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 200 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 100 miles north.
(d) 100 miles south.
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) General Keisuke Fujie.
(b) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(c) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(d) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
3. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 10 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 9 men.
(d) 11 men.
4. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 68,000 Filipinos.
(b) 75,000 Filipinos.
(c) 65,000 Filipinos.
(d) 72,000 Filipinos.
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) Tell them yourself.
(b) Come with me.
(c) You have friends here.
(d) You will be safe with me.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
2. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)