|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Pacific Sea.
(c) The Philippine Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 25,000 prisoners.
(c) 60,000 prisoners.
(d) 100,000 prisoners.
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
4. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Mercedes Benz.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Lincoln Continental.
5. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Battle of Midway.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) The Battle of Imphal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
2. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
4. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
5. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)