|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 10 men.
(b) 9 men.
(c) 11 men.
(d) 12 men.
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 5 hours.
(b) After 7 hours.
(c) After 2 to 3 hours.
(d) After 3 to 4 hours.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Manilla.
(c) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
4. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Five years.
5. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(b) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(c) General Keisuke Fujie.
(d) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
4. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
5. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)