|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Hamilton Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Clark Field.
(d) Delano Field.
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Hastings, Michigan.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Luzon.
(b) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
4. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 2 p.m.
(b) At 3 p.m.
(c) At 4 p.m.
(d) At 1 p.m.
5. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Philippine Sea.
(c) The Pacific Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
3. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
5. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)