|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(b) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(c) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
2. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
3. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
4. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Idiot.
(b) The Turkey.
(c) The Taskmaster.
(d) The Buzzard.
5. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Walter Krueger.
(b) General Curtis LeMay.
(c) General Henry Arnold.
(d) General Holland Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
5. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)