|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Flint, Michigan.
(b) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Hastings, Michigan.
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
4. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 7 hours.
(b) After 2 to 3 hours.
(c) After 3 to 4 hours.
(d) After 5 hours.
5. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 200 miles south.
(c) 100 miles south.
(d) 200 miles north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
2. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
3. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
4. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
5. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)