|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 15 ounces of food.
(b) 32 ounces of food.
(c) 20 ounces of food.
(d) 41 ounces of food.
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(b) Washed up on the far shore.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin B.
(c) Lack of Vitamin K.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
3. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
4. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
5. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)