|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 20 ounces of food.
(b) 15 ounces of food.
(c) 32 ounces of food.
(d) 41 ounces of food.
2. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 45 men.
(b) 50 men.
(c) 60 men.
(d) 55 men.
3. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
4. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Vernon Booth.
(b) Robert Pritchford.
(c) Quentine Devore.
(d) C. C. Smith.
5. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
3. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
4. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)