|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Hastings, Michigan.
(b) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(c) Lansing, Michigan.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
4. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) Tell them yourself.
(c) You will be safe with me.
(d) Come with me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
2. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)