|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
(a) At 3 p.m.
(b) At 1 p.m.
(c) At 4 p.m.
(d) At 2 p.m.
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
3. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) Quentine Devore.
(b) Vernon Booth.
(c) Robert Pritchford.
(d) C. C. Smith.
4. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On December 8.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On November 11.
(d) On October 13.
5. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Indiana.
(b) University of Illinois.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Iowa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
5. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)