|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
2. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(c) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
4. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) February 18, 1945.
(b) January 7, 1945.
(c) December 31, 1944.
(d) March 5, 1945.
5. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
(a) After 7 hours.
(b) After 5 hours.
(c) After 2 to 3 hours.
(d) After 3 to 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
2. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
3. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
4. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)