|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(b) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(c) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
2. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Holland Smith.
(b) General Henry Arnold.
(c) General Curtis LeMay.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
4. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On November 11.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On October 13.
(d) On December 8.
5. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The South China Sea.
(b) The Sulu Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The East China Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
2. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
3. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)