|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Manilla.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
2. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
(a) The East China Sea.
(b) The Sulu Sea.
(c) The Sea of Japan.
(d) The South China Sea.
3. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 68,000 Filipinos.
(c) 65,000 Filipinos.
(d) 75,000 Filipinos.
4. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin D.
(b) Lack of Vitamin C.
(c) Lack of Vitamin K.
(d) Lack of Vitamin B.
5. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
2. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
3. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)