|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Turkey.
(b) The Taskmaster.
(c) The Idiot.
(d) The Buzzard.
2. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On October 13.
(b) On November 11.
(c) On December 8.
(d) On January 2.
3. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
(c) P 51s.
(d) FW 190s.
4. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) Tell them yourself.
(b) You will be safe with me.
(c) You have friends here.
(d) Come with me.
5. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Two rations.
(b) One ration.
(c) One half of a ration.
(d) Three rations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
2. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
3. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)