|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Lincoln Continental.
(c) A Mercedes Benz.
(d) A Jeep.
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Two rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Three rations.
(d) One ration.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker inside Corregidor.
4. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
5. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
2. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)