|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 32 ounces of food.
(b) 20 ounces of food.
(c) 15 ounces of food.
(d) 41 ounces of food.
3. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(b) Lansing, Michigan.
(c) Hastings, Michigan.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The Philippine Sea.
(b) The Pacific Sea.
(c) The Sulu Sea.
(d) The South China Sea.
5. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 12 men.
(b) 10 men.
(c) 9 men.
(d) 11 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
2. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
3. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)