|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(b) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
(c) General Douglas MacArthur.
(d) General George S. Patton.
3. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 500 men.
(c) 900 men.
(d) 700 men.
4. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(b) Fourth Imperial Army.
(c) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
(d) Sixth Imperial Army.
5. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
2. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
5. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)