|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Walter Krueger.
(b) General Holland Smith.
(c) General Henry Arnold.
(d) General Curtis LeMay.
2. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A Cadillac.
(c) A Mercedes Benz.
(d) A Lincoln Continental.
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
4. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) One ration.
(d) Two rations.
5. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On February 12.
(b) On March 8.
(c) On April 9.
(d) On January 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
3. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
4. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
5. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)