|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
2. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(b) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) General Douglas MacArthur.
3. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 45 men.
(c) 60 men.
(d) 55 men.
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A large drum.
(c) A gong.
(d) An old Catholic church bell.
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(b) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
(c) Washed up on the far shore.
(d) Clinging to driftwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
2. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
3. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
5. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)