|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(c) An airstrip.
(d) Guard towers.
2. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Indiana.
(b) University of Iowa.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Illinois.
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Coral beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Pumice beach.
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(b) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
3. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
5. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)