|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) An airstrip.
(c) Guard towers.
2. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 75,000 Filipinos.
(b) 72,000 Filipinos.
(c) 68,000 Filipinos.
(d) 65,000 Filipinos.
3. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) February 18, 1945.
(b) January 7, 1945.
(c) March 5, 1945.
(d) December 31, 1944.
4. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The Philippine Sea.
(b) The Pacific Sea.
(c) The South China Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
5. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Clark Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Delano Field.
(d) Hamilton Field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
2. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
3. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
4. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
5. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)