|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) Two rations.
(c) One half of a ration.
(d) One ration.
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 60,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 40,000 prisoners.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(c) A bunker under Luzon.
(d) A bunker under Manilla.
4. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 1,000 men.
(b) 700 men.
(c) 900 men.
(d) 500 men.
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin B.
(c) Lack of Vitamin K.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
2. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
4. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
5. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)