|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On March 8.
(b) On February 12.
(c) On April 9.
(d) On January 4.
2. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About a year and a half.
(b) Nearly three years.
(c) About two years.
(d) Nearly four years.
3. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Curtis LeMay.
(b) General Holland Smith.
(c) General Henry Arnold.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
4. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 11 men.
(b) 9 men.
(c) 12 men.
(d) 10 men.
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
2. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
4. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)