|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ounces of food were the men fighting on Bataan given?
(a) 20 ounces of food.
(b) 41 ounces of food.
(c) 15 ounces of food.
(d) 32 ounces of food.
2. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) The Pacific Sea.
(b) The South China Sea.
(c) The Philippine Sea.
(d) The Sulu Sea.
3. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
(a) The Turkey.
(b) The Taskmaster.
(c) The Buzzard.
(d) The Idiot.
5. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) About 57,000.
(b) Approximately 91,000.
(c) Approximately 78,000.
(d) About 64,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
2. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
3. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
4. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)