|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
(a) C. C. Smith.
(b) Vernon Booth.
(c) Robert Pritchford.
(d) Quentine Devore.
2. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin K.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
3. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About two years.
(b) Nearly four years.
(c) Nearly three years.
(d) About a year and a half.
4. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(d) Lieutenant Major.
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
2. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
3. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
4. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)