Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(c) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(d) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
2. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 12 men.
(b) 9 men.
(c) 11 men.
(d) 10 men.
3. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On October 13.
(b) On January 2.
(c) On November 11.
(d) On December 8.
4. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A gong.
(b) A large drum.
(c) An old Catholic church bell.
(d) A trumpet.
5. What did the Americans call the enemy surveillance planes?
(a) Photo Joe.
(b) Photo Spies.
(c) Jap Eyes.
(d) Eyes in the Sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
2. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
3. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
4. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
5. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)