|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) University of California Riverside.
(b) Santa Clara University.
(c) University of California Davis.
(d) Cal Poly.
2. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
(a) Twelfth Imperial Army.
(b) Sixth Imperial Army.
(c) Fourth Imperial Army.
(d) Fourteenth Imperial Army.
3. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 25,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
4. What caused a strange condition where the prisoners necks turned to rubber and they couldn't hold up their heads?
(a) Bad medicine.
(b) Rancid fish head.
5. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hastings, Michigan.
(c) Flint, Michigan.
(d) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
2. What river had the Rangers forded before encountering the fields of grass?
3. Of all the prisoners who passed through O'Donnell, how many died there?
4. Where was Dr. Fisher raised?
5. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)