|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two books did Chaplain Taylor read when thrown into the heat box?
(a) The Bible and "The Brothers Karamazov."
(b) The Bible and "Notes from the Underground."
(c) The Bible and "The House of the Dead."
(d) The Bible and "Crime and Punishment."
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
(a) Lieutenant General Katzutsugu Dobashi.
(b) Lieutenant General Fumio Saeki.
(c) General Tomoyuki Yamashita.
(d) General Keisuke Fujie.
3. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) An old Catholic church bell.
(b) A gong.
(c) A large drum.
(d) A trumpet.
4. On what day did General Edward King surrender to the Japanese?
(a) On April 9.
(b) On February 12.
(c) On January 4.
(d) On March 8.
5. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
(a) Clark Field.
(b) Pearce Field.
(c) Delano Field.
(d) Hamilton Field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality was Fuentes?
2. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
3. How many Chinese was Colonel Tsuji said to be personally responsible for their deaths?
4. When did Corregidor surrender?
5. Where did Pajota and his men set up a roadblock?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)