|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dormant volcano could be seen to the west as the Rangers crawled toward Cabanatuan?
(a) Mount Mayon.
(b) Mount Pinatubo.
(c) Mount Taal.
(d) Mount Arayat.
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) Three rations.
(b) One half of a ration.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One ration.
3. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
(a) 121 Rangers.
(b) 135 Rangers.
(c) 98 Rangers.
(d) 75 Rangers.
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Pumice beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) Coral beach.
(d) White sandy beach.
5. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
(a) Lansing, Michigan.
(b) Hastings, Michigan.
(c) Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(d) Flint, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the least desirable of all the Cabanatuan work details?
2. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
3. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
4. Which guard on the Farm was demanding, but fair?
5. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)