|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Corned-beef hash.
(d) Powdered eggs.
2. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) December 31, 1944.
(b) February 18, 1945.
(c) March 5, 1945.
(d) January 7, 1945.
3. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) .45 caliber pistols.
(b) M-1 Garand.
(c) Thompson submachine guns.
4. How many people was Camp O'Donnell designed to accommodate?
(a) About 10,000.
(b) About 12,000.
(c) No more than 9,000.
(d) No more than 5,000.
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
3. Where was Ralph Rodriguez from?
4. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
5. What was the name of the club that a woman ran who operated one of Cabanatuan's clandestine enterprises?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)