|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8, 9, 10, and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Indiana.
(b) University of Wisconsin.
(c) University of Iowa.
(d) University of Illinois.
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 60,000 prisoners.
(b) 40,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 25,000 prisoners.
3. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 60 miles.
(d) 45 miles.
4. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had been stabbed in the back.
(b) He had been knocked unconscious.
(c) He had a deep gash in his head.
(d) He had had a finger cut off.
5. What did the locals give the Rangers when they stopped in Balincarin?
(a) Water and rice balls.
(c) Cooked vegetables.
(d) Water and noodles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
2. What did Cabanatuan mean?
3. In Chapter 8, how high was the Pampanga River in places?
4. What did the prisoners find in the kitchen at Cabanatuan when the Japanese left?
5. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)