|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Imphal.
(b) The Battle of Midway.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
2. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 500 men.
(b) 900 men.
(c) 700 men.
(d) 1,000 men.
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
(b) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(c) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(d) The fall of Fort Sumter.
4. How many soldiers were fighting on Bataan under General King's command?
(a) Approximately 78,000.
(b) About 57,000.
(c) Approximately 91,000.
(d) About 64,000.
5. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker under Luzon.
(b) A bunker under Manilla.
(c) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(d) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the Japanese continue the seaside massacre after they torched the air-raid shelters?
2. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
3. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
4. What did Cabanatuan mean?
5. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)