|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
(a) Santa Clara University.
(b) University of California Davis.
(c) Cal Poly.
(d) University of California Riverside.
2. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
(a) New Guinea.
(c) New Zealand.
3. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 9 men.
(b) 11 men.
(c) 12 men.
(d) 10 men.
4. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(b) .45 caliber pistols.
(c) M-1 Garand.
(d) Thompson submachine guns.
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Coral beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) White sandy beach.
(d) Pumice beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
2. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
4. What time did an air raid signal sound on December 14?
5. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)