|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of South Dakota.
(b) The Unversity of Montana.
(c) The University of Nevada.
(d) The University of Utah.
2. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
3. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 50 men.
(b) 55 men.
(c) 45 men.
(d) 60 men.
4. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(a) An airstrip.
(c) Guard towers.
5. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Robert Prince.
(d) Eugene Dykes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Rangers were going on the rescue mission to Cabanatuan?
2. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
3. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
4. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
5. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)