|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the prisoners at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp been building during their internment?
(b) Guard towers.
(d) An airstrip.
2. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Robert Prince.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Eugene Dykes.
(d) Bert Bank.
3. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 175,000 troops.
(b) 150,000 troops.
(c) 250,000 troops.
(d) 275,000 troops.
4. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 72,000 Filipinos.
(b) 75,000 Filipinos.
(c) 65,000 Filipinos.
(d) 68,000 Filipinos.
5. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
(b) Lieutenant Major.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
2. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
3. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
4. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
5. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)