|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(b) Chocolate bars.
2. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 75,000 Filipinos.
(b) 72,000 Filipinos.
(c) 65,000 Filipinos.
(d) 68,000 Filipinos.
3. When did the aerial attack begin on Luzon?
(a) On October 13.
(b) On December 8.
(c) On November 11.
(d) On January 2.
4. How far were the rangers from Cabanatuan when they stopped to begin marching on foot?
(a) 60 miles.
(b) 45 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
5. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
Short Answer Questions
1. By January 28, toward what city were the Japanese making a ragged retreat?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
3. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
5. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)