|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
2. When General King was about to surrender, how much food did his quartermaster report that he had to dole out to the men?
(a) One half of a ration.
(b) Three rations.
(c) Two rations.
(d) One ration.
3. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Luzon.
(c) A bunker under Manilla.
(d) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 100,000 prisoners.
(c) 60,000 prisoners.
(d) 40,000 prisoners.
5. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Holland Smith.
(b) General Curtis LeMay.
(c) General Henry Arnold.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
2. Where was Lieutenant Edward "Tommie" Thomas from?
3. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
4. In what direction did the Rangers head on January 28?
5. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)