|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dr. Hibbs go to medical school?
(a) University of Iowa.
(b) University of Indiana.
(c) University of Wisconsin.
(d) University of Illinois.
2. From where did General MacArthur direct the action after the December attack by the Japanese?
(a) A bunker inside Corregidor.
(b) A bunker under Manilla.
(c) A bunker on the Bataan peninsula.
(d) A bunker under Luzon.
3. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
(a) Washed up on the far shore.
(b) Hiding in brush on the far shore.
(c) Clinging to driftwood.
(d) Clinging to a Filipino fish trap in the bay.
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 100,000 prisoners.
(c) 60,000 prisoners.
(d) 40,000 prisoners.
5. Who rode at the head of the column of Rangers?
(a) Ranger Dykes.
(b) First Lieutenant Lueddeke.
(c) Captain Prince.
(d) Colonel Mucci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
2. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
3. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
4. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
5. Where were the survivors of the massacre at Puerto Princesa evacuated?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)