|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
(a) Corned-beef hash.
(b) Powdered eggs.
2. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Nevada.
(b) The Unversity of Montana.
(c) The University of Utah.
(d) The University of South Dakota.
3. What mountains bordered the flat sugar country the Rangers drove through on their way to Cabanatuan?
(a) Zambales and Cordillera Central.
(b) Caraballo and Chocolate Hills.
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Holland Smith.
(b) General Curtis LeMay.
(c) General Walter Krueger.
(d) General Henry Arnold.
5. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin K.
(b) Lack of Vitamin C.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
2. What was Lieutenant Sato's nickname?
3. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
5. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)