|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 10 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 9 men.
(d) 11 men.
2. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
3. What vitamin deficiency caused beriberi?
(a) Lack of Vitamin C.
(b) Lack of Vitamin K.
(c) Lack of Vitamin B.
(d) Lack of Vitamin D.
4. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) The Battle of Imphal.
5. Who had found a monkey in New Guinea and brought it with him to the Philippines?
(a) Bert Bank.
(b) Tommie Thomas.
(c) Robert Prince.
(d) Eugene Dykes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
2. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
4. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
5. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)