|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 150,000 troops.
(b) 175,000 troops.
(c) 250,000 troops.
(d) 275,000 troops.
2. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
(a) The University of Utah.
(b) The University of South Dakota.
(c) The University of Nevada.
(d) The Unversity of Montana.
3. How many men could fit in the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) 60 men.
(b) 55 men.
(c) 50 men.
(d) 45 men.
4. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(c) Chocolate bars.
5. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 4 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the 6th Army headquarters that the Rangers reached a few minutes after starting their mission on January 28?
2. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
3. What did Cabanatuan mean?
4. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)