|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Rangers encamped on January 28, 1945?
2. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 40,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
3. Where did the small number of men who escaped from Philippine prison camps manage to escape to?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) New Guinea.
4. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
(a) Pumice beach.
(b) Rocky beach.
(c) Coral beach.
(d) White sandy beach.
5. What type of vehicle did Colonel Motoo Nakayama arrive in to discuss surrender with General King?
(a) A Mercedes Benz.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Lincoln Continental.
(d) A Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December, where did the Japanese bombers and Zeros catch a large part of the American Air Force of the Far East on the ground?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
3. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
4. What was at the front of the soldiers trying to flee to Mariveles?
5. Who refused to go into the air-raid shelters on December 14?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)