|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Blue.
(b) War Plan Green.
(c) War Plan Red.
(d) War Plan Orange.
2. When did the prisoners construct the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
3. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
(a) General George S. Patton.
(b) Admiral Chester Nimitz.
(c) General Douglas MacArthur.
(d) Field Marshall Bernard Law Montgomery.
4. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) 9 men.
(b) 12 men.
(c) 11 men.
(d) 10 men.
5. What were the Rangers taking to give to the prisoners if the raid was successful?
(d) Chocolate bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
2. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
3. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
4. Where was the last survivor of the massacre at Puerto Princesa found?
5. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)