|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 40,000 prisoners.
(b) 100,000 prisoners.
(c) 25,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
2. When did Eugene Nielsen tell about the torching of the air-raid shelters at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp on December 14?
(a) December 31, 1944.
(b) January 7, 1945.
(c) March 5, 1945.
(d) February 18, 1945.
3. How far from Manila did the January 9, 1945, invasion take place?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 200 miles south.
(d) 200 miles north.
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(a) .45 caliber pistols.
(b) Thompson submachine guns.
(c) M-1 Garand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
2. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
3. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
4. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
5. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)