|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take defeat to come to the Americans on Bataan?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 5 months.
2. How long had it taken the prisoners to complete their building project at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) About two years.
(b) Nearly four years.
(c) About a year and a half.
(d) Nearly three years.
3. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
4. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
5. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 275,000 troops.
(b) 175,000 troops.
(c) 250,000 troops.
(d) 150,000 troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Reed Shurtleff attend college?
2. Where was Eugene Nielsen born and raised?
3. Who commanded the Japanese Fourteenth Imperial Army?
4. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
5. What type of beach was at the edge of a cliff near the Puerto Princesa prison compound?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)