|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of gun did most Rangers, including Captain Prince, carry?
(b) Thompson submachine guns.
(c) M-1 Garand.
(d) .45 caliber pistols.
2. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
(a) The 611th Signal Service Battalion.
(b) The 832nd Signal Service Battalion.
(c) The 713th Signal Service Battalion.
(d) The 112th Signal Service Battalion.
3. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(b) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(c) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
4. General Homma foresaw that American prisoners would need to move from Bataan. How many prisoners did he estimate would need evacuation?
(a) 25,000 prisoners.
(b) 40,000 prisoners.
(c) 100,000 prisoners.
(d) 60,000 prisoners.
5. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
(a) 500 men.
(b) 700 men.
(c) 1,000 men.
(d) 900 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the monkey brought from the Philippines from New Guinea?
2. What was Dr. Ralph Emerson Hibbs's rank?
3. How many men survived the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
4. What agricultural outpost did the Ranger convoy reach around 7:15 a.m.?
5. What was at the rear of the soldiers who were trying to flee to Mariveles?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)