|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the principal island in the Philippines?
2. What other historic event happened on the day that General King surrendered to the Japanese?
(a) The fall of Fort Sumter.
(b) The Battle of Gettysburg began.
(c) Abraham Lincoln was shot.
(d) General Lee surrendered to General Grant.
3. What did Tommie Thomas build in his daydreams at Cabanatuan?
(a) A house.
(b) A barn.
(c) An apartment building.
(d) A skyscraper.
4. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
(a) You have friends here.
(b) You will be safe with me.
(c) Tell them yourself.
(d) Come with me.
5. At Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, what indicates that an air raid was imminent?
(a) A trumpet.
(b) A large drum.
(c) A gong.
(d) An old Catholic church bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
2. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
3. How old were many of the Japanese soldiers guarding Abie Abraham and his comrades?
4. What province did the Rangers drive through the morning they left for the Cabanatuan rescue mission?
5. Where were the Army photographers from who accompanied the Rangers on their rescue mission?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)