|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many troops did the General in charge of the Japanese forces command in January of 1945?
(a) 175,000 troops.
(b) 275,000 troops.
(c) 250,000 troops.
(d) 150,000 troops.
2. What defensive strategy did Douglas MacArthur execute when the Japanese attacked the Philippines in December of 1941?
(a) War Plan Red.
(b) War Plan Orange.
(c) War Plan Green.
(d) War Plan Blue.
3. What did Cabanatuan mean?
(a) Place of goats.
(b) Place of the headhunters.
(c) Place of rocks.
(d) Place of the rivers.
4. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
5. How many Filipinos had fought on Bataan at the time of the surrender to the Japanese?
(a) 75,000 Filipinos.
(b) 65,000 Filipinos.
(c) 72,000 Filipinos.
(d) 68,000 Filipinos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of food was a monkey scrambling over on January 28, 1945?
2. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
3. What did a Filipino tell Eugene Neilsen after Neilsen asked the man to write the War Department about the massacre at Puerto Princesa?
4. Where were the Bataan nurses sent before General King surrendered to the Japanese?
5. How many friends did Captain Robert Prince have who had been sent to the Philippines before he was and had been trapped on Bataan?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)