|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Abraham's wife's name?
2. How many years had Eugene Nielsen been interred at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Four years.
(d) Two years.
3. What did the Navy men use to sound the half hours of each day at Cabanatuan?
(a) A wooden crate.
(b) An old oil drum.
(c) A rusty metal triangle.
(d) The side of a building.
4. Why did Captain Bert Bank's fellow Americans have to carry him semi-conscious for six hours?
(a) He had had a finger cut off.
(b) He had been stabbed in the back.
(c) He had been knocked unconscious.
(d) He had a deep gash in his head.
5. What other attack occurred on the same day as the attack on Luzon?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) The Battle of Midway.
(c) The Battle of Guadalcanal.
(d) The Battle of Imphal.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning of December 14, where did a Japanese seaplane spot a convoy of American destroyers and battleships?
2. Where did Van Geldern attend college?
3. Where was Bertram Bank raised?
4. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
5. Where did the Rangers rendezvous with Filipino guerrilla led by Eduardo Joson?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)