|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cabanatuan mean?
(a) Place of the headhunters.
(b) Place of the rivers.
(c) Place of goats.
(d) Place of rocks.
2. How many Japanese troops was it estimated that assembled in Cabanatuan City?
(a) 3,000 troops.
(b) 5,000 troops.
(c) 7,000 troops.
(d) 10,000 troops.
3. Who was the commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in January of 1945?
(a) General Henry Arnold.
(b) General Curtis LeMay.
(c) General Holland Smith.
(d) General Walter Krueger.
4. Who was in charge of the Japanese forces that were retreating in January of 1945?
(a) General Goto.
(b) General Yagasaki.
(c) General Yamashita.
(d) General Saeda.
5. What food did Robert Brody dream of at Cabanatuan?
(a) Pork chops.
(b) Chicken salad.
(c) Fried chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who waded upon the shores of Luzon two days after Eugene Nielsen related the story of the massacre?
2. How many men was Dr. Hibbs responsible for in April of 1942?
3. How much did the American Red Cross Standard Package Number 8 weigh?
4. What type of planes did the prisoners see after the air-raid alarm sounded on December 14?
5. Near what town did General King meet with the Japanese to discuss the terms of surrender?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)