* After World War II began in 1942, the Japanese attacked and eventually captured the Philippine islands.
* The American Navy was unable to evacuate most soldiers and they became prisoners of war.
* Thousands of prisoners became imprisoned at Cabanatuan Camp without medicine, adequate food or other supplies.
* In 1945 when American forces recaptured Luzon, they feared the prisoners of war at Cabanatuan would get slaughtered so they formulated a rescue mission.
* On December 14, 1944, at Puerto Princesa Prison Camp, 150 American prisoners were repairing a runway as they had done every morning for the last thirty months.
* In the afternoon, the prisoners took shelter in air raid tunnels.
* Japanese soldiers poured Aviation fuel into the tunnels and ignited, killing many of the men.
* Any survivors got shot, bayoneted or tortured.
* A couple dozen men fled from the scene, but made an effort to hunt the men down and execute them.
* Only eleven...
This section contains 3,138 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)