|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeremiah notice about Jadie as she left the classroom for the last time?
2. What happened when Jeremiah borrowed a costume?
3. Where did Torey stay on Thanksgiving?
4. What was Philip's Christmas wish?
5. What was there no hard evidence of in the case of Jadie's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
2. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
3. How did Arkie think Jadie needed to be treated after hearing what Jadie had said to Torey?
4. What did Amber and Jadie say happened to Jenny?
5. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
6. What was Philip's Christmas wish, and how did Jadie respond to this?
7. What did Brenda say when Torey described her exchanged with Jadie's parents?
8. How did Torey convince Jadie to talk to Lindy?
9. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
10. What was Brenda's hypothesis about the doll found behind Torey's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jadie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)