|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Amber say gave her the quartered circle on her body?
2. Where did Torey find Philip's missing special item?
3. Who waited with Torey while Jadie was alone with Lindy?
4. What happened when Jeremiah borrowed a costume?
5. How did Torey feel after her visit from Lucy after the meeting with Lindy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey notice about Amber when she was fixing her scraped knee?
2. How did Torey convince Jadie to talk to Lindy?
3. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
4. How did Tashee die?
5. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
6. What did Jadie tell Torey about Amber's birthday?
7. What saddened Jadie the most about leaving her parents?
8. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
9. What did Amber and Jadie say happened to Jenny?
10. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
What did Torey's ideas in the Epilogue reveal, and how did these align with your personal take on these instances?
Essay Topic 3
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)