|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Jeremiah borrowed a costume?
2. Why was Amber mean to Jadie after they were away from their parents?
3. What amazed Jadie about Philip's Christmas wish?
4. What did Jadie want the police to do if she told them what happened to her?
5. What did Glen do after hearing Amber's story about the circle on her body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Brenda say when Torey described her exchanged with Jadie's parents?
2. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
3. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
4. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
5. What did Torey notice about Amber when she was fixing her scraped knee?
6. What saddened Jadie the most about leaving her parents?
7. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
8. How did Torey convince Jadie to talk to Lindy?
9. What did Amber and Jadie say happened to Jenny?
10. How did Jadie show her appreciation to Torey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Jadie's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What did Torey's ideas in the Epilogue reveal, and how did these align with your personal take on these instances?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)