|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey feel after her visit from Lucy after the meeting with Lindy?
2. Why was Amber mean to Jadie after they were away from their parents?
3. Why did Jadie not want to enjoy Halloween?
4. Why did Jadie not want Torey to tell others about her abuse?
5. Who told Glen Jadie's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Brenda's hypothesis about the doll found behind Torey's car?
2. What did Jadie say about Tashee at Thanksgiving?
3. Why did Torey not go straight to the officials after hearing the account of Sapphire's abuse?
4. How did Jadie's classmates act when she left the classroom for the last time?
5. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
6. What did Torey have to do when Jadie was being questioned by officials?
7. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
8. What did Jadie do after her parents were taken away from the police station?
9. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
10. How did Jadie say she knew Tashee was going to be killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these situations?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of abuse was strong in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what were the major responses to these occurrences?
Essay Topic 3
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)