|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jadie give Torey as she left the classroom for the last time?
2. Why did Jadie say she didn't want to go back home?
3. What did Arkie say Torey was risking with the investigation?
4. How did Jadie thank Torey before she left the classroom for the last time?
5. Where did Jadie agree to talk to Lindy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
2. What saddened Jadie the most about leaving her parents?
3. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
4. What connection gave Lindy some hard evidence for her case against Lindy's parents?
5. What did Jadie do during the Halloween party, and why?
6. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
7. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
8. Why did Torey not go straight to the officials after hearing the account of Sapphire's abuse?
9. How did Jadie say she knew Tashee was going to be killed?
10. What did Torey notice about Amber when she was fixing her scraped knee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Jadie's life. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What did Hugh lend to Jadie's situation, and what might have been different in the end of the case without his ideas and intervention?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)