|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that Jadie would have to tell her own story in order for the investigation to continue?
2. Who did Amber say gave her the quartered circle on her body?
3. Who fought with Philip over the special item he brought to class?
4. What did Jadie's father do with an animal skeleton?
5. What kind of bookstore did Torey choose to go to after hearing about Sapphire's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Amber and Jadie say happened to Jenny?
2. How did Jadie show her appreciation to Torey?
3. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
4. What did Brenda say when Torey described her exchanged with Jadie's parents?
5. What did Jadie tell Torey about Amber's birthday?
6. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
7. What led Torey to believe in the stories Jadie told her about Satanism?
8. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
9. How did Jadie say she knew Tashee was going to be killed?
10. What saddened Jadie the most about leaving her parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jadie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Lucy and Torey change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those scenes?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)