|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey feel after her visit from Lucy after the meeting with Lindy?
2. What was Sapphire put on during her abuse?
3. What is dug up at the Ekdahl's house?
4. Who did Jadie say she had to take care of?
5. What did Torey find behind the tire of her car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey have to do when Jadie was being questioned by officials?
2. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
3. What led Torey to believe in the stories Jadie told her about Satanism?
4. What did Jadie say about Tashee at Thanksgiving?
5. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
6. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
7. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
8. What saddened Jadie the most about leaving her parents?
9. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
10. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Jadie do to try and protect her sisters, and why did she feel such a deep need to do these things for her sisters' protection?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)