|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Delores immediately decide after hearing Jadie's story?
2. Who was Sapphire?
3. What did Lindy say after her meeting with Jadie?
4. Who did Jadie say she had to take care of?
5. Where did Torey stay on Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jadie do after her parents were taken away from the police station?
2. What did Jadie say about Tashee at Thanksgiving?
3. What did Torey have to do when Jadie was being questioned by officials?
4. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
5. How did Jadie show her appreciation to Torey?
6. What led Torey to believe in the stories Jadie told her about Satanism?
7. What was Brenda's hypothesis about the doll found behind Torey's car?
8. What did Jadie do during the Halloween party, and why?
9. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
10. How did Arkie think Jadie needed to be treated after hearing what Jadie had said to Torey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the strange habits Jadie had, and what reasoning was attached to these habits by others? What additional reasons do you think could apply?
Essay Topic 3
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)