|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Torey required by law to do after hearing Jadie's account of Sapphire's abuse?
2. What did Arkie say when she heard Torey's ideas about Satanic rituals?
3. Where did Jeremiah say he could get what he wanted to wear in the Thanksgiving parade?
4. What did Jeremiah notice about Jadie as she left the classroom for the last time?
5. What did Jadie say Tashee used to wear as shoes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jadie say about Tashee at Thanksgiving?
2. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
3. What did Jadie tell Torey about Amber's birthday?
4. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
5. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
6. How did Tashee die?
7. Why did Torey not go straight to the officials after hearing the account of Sapphire's abuse?
8. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
9. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
10. What was Brenda's hypothesis about the doll found behind Torey's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
Essay Topic 3
What happened with the dolls, and what did each of these instances symbolize?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)