|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jadie do when she saw the doll in the classroom?
2. What did Jadie do when her parents left the room?
3. What was there no hard evidence of in the case of Jadie's abuse?
4. What did Jadie make Torey do at the police station?
5. Where did Jadie agree to talk to Lindy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tashee die?
2. What connection gave Lindy some hard evidence for her case against Lindy's parents?
3. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
4. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
5. What led Torey to believe in the stories Jadie told her about Satanism?
6. What was Philip's Christmas wish, and how did Jadie respond to this?
7. What did Torey notice about Amber when she was fixing her scraped knee?
8. What happened when Philip brought something special to school?
9. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
10. What was Brenda's hypothesis about the doll found behind Torey's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Torey saved Jadie from dangerous situations, and how did this affect their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of abuse was strong in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what were the major responses to these occurrences?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)