|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Jeremiah borrowed a costume?
2. What did Jadie do when she saw the doll in the classroom?
3. Where did Jadie tell Torey about how Jenny died?
4. What did Jadie's mother say about the gift Torey gave Jadie when she was sick?
5. What was there no hard evidence of in the case of Jadie's abuse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jadie say happened to Sapphire?
2. What did Jadie do after her parents were taken away from the police station?
3. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
4. How did Arkie think Jadie needed to be treated after hearing what Jadie had said to Torey?
5. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
6. Why did Torey not go straight to the officials after hearing the account of Sapphire's abuse?
7. How did Tashee die?
8. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
9. How did Jadie say she knew Tashee was going to be killed?
10. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Torey educate herself, and what affect did this have on her students?
Essay Topic 3
What did Jadie do to try and protect her sisters, and why did she feel such a deep need to do these things for her sisters' protection?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)