|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jadie paint a picture of in class?
2. Who was Sapphire?
3. Why did Jadie not want to enjoy Halloween?
4. What did Arkie say Torey was risking with the investigation?
5. What did Jadie do when her parents left the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
2. What was Philip's Christmas wish, and how did Jadie respond to this?
3. What about Jenny did Jadie say was the most real part?
4. What led Torey to believe in the stories Jadie told her about Satanism?
5. What did Jadie do after her parents were taken away from the police station?
6. How did Jadie's classmates act when she left the classroom for the last time?
7. What did Jadie say about Tashee at Thanksgiving?
8. How did Lindy respond to her interview with Jadie?
9. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
10. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
Essay Topic 3
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)