|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Jadie's parents not worried about her behavior at school?
2. What was Jadie's disability?
3. Who educated Torey about all of Brucie's special requirements?
4. Why did Jadie not want the top put on the doll box?
5. How did Torey know Hugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
2. Why was Jeremiah placed in Torey's classroom?
3. How did Jadie say Tashee died?
4. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
5. What did Reuben do on Torey's first day that shocked her?
6. What disrupted the routine of Torey's class at the beginning of her second year?
7. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
8. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
9. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
10. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
Essay Topic 3
What did Hugh lend to Jadie's situation, and what might have been different in the end of the case without his ideas and intervention?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)