|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Philip do when he didn't want to participate with the class?
2. What is Torey impressed about when she sees her classroom in Pecking?
3. What did the school sponsor on the last day of school?
4. Why did Jadie draw herself in the shape of a bell in her pictures for Torey?
5. Why did Torey choose to move her classroom around?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the first time Torey saw Jadie standing upright?
2. What did Torey borrow from the Sandry Clinic, and why?
3. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
4. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
5. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
6. What warning did Jadie give Torey about spiders?
7. What did Jadie make the dolls do when she got angry with them?
8. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
9. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
10. What disrupted the routine of Torey's class at the beginning of her second year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Jadie's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of abuse was strong in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what were the major responses to these occurrences?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)