Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey know Jadie could stand upright?
2. When was Torey usually able to see Arkie?
3. Who hears Jadie scream in the cloakroom?
4. What did Jade refuse to do in front of other people?
5. Where did Torey go to spend time with Hugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
2. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
3. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
4. What is a brood mare?
5. How did Tashee die?
6. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
7. What did Torey use her Epilogue to do?
8. What connection gave Lindy some hard evidence for her case against Lindy's parents?
9. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
10. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Lucy and Torey change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Torey educate herself, and what affect did this have on her students?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)