|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Torey unable to ask for from the more experienced people in Pecking?
2. How did Jadie say Tashee was killed?
3. When was Torey usually able to see Arkie?
4. What was Philip's disability?
5. Why did Torey choose to move her classroom around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jadie say Tashee died?
2. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
3. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
4. What did Torey borrow from the Sandry Clinic, and why?
5. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
6. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
7. When was the first time Torey saw Jadie standing upright?
8. What did Jeremiah do to torment Philip on Torey's first day in the classroom?
9. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
10. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was Jadie's life altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of abuse was strong in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what were the major responses to these occurrences?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)