|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Torey spend time with Hugh?
2. What did Jadie say she could get to come out of the stolen animal?
3. Who did Jadie say killed Tashee?
4. What did Jadie think happened to June?
5. What was Torey strict about with Jeremiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
2. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
3. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
4. What did Reuben do on Torey's first day that shocked her?
5. What did Jeremiah do to torment Philip on Torey's first day in the classroom?
6. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
7. What did Torey borrow from the Sandry Clinic, and why?
8. Why was Jeremiah placed in Torey's classroom?
9. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
10. What did Jadie make the dolls do when she got angry with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Lucy and Torey change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
What did Hugh lend to Jadie's situation, and what might have been different in the end of the case without his ideas and intervention?
Essay Topic 3
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)