|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jadie say she could get to come out of the stolen animal?
2. Where did Lucy say child abuse was most prevalent?
3. What did Torey make sure to include in the classroom schedule?
4. What kind of camp did Torey try to get Jadie signed up for?
5. Where had Hugh seen the quartered circle before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Torey get Jadie to class at the beginning of her second year?
2. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
3. What warning did Jadie give Torey about spiders?
4. How did Jadie's parents explain her bad posture when standing?
5. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
6. Why did Jadie not want the top put on the doll box?
7. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
8. When was the first time Torey saw Jadie standing upright?
9. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
10. What did Torey borrow from the Sandry Clinic, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)