|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hears Jadie scream in the cloakroom?
2. What did Jadie draw on the classroom walls?
3. What is Torey impressed about when she sees her classroom in Pecking?
4. What did Jadie ask Torey about the other children Torey had helped?
5. What was the quartered circle used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jadie's parents explain her bad posture when standing?
2. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
3. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
4. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
5. Why was Jeremiah placed in Torey's classroom?
6. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
7. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
8. Why did Jadie not want the top put on the doll box?
9. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
10. What happened to Reuben on the last day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Jadie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)