|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Torey unable to ask for from the more experienced people in Pecking?
2. When was Torey usually able to see Arkie?
3. What was Arkie's occupation?
4. When did Torey spend time with Hugh?
5. What was Torey's job before she moved to Pecking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disrupted the routine of Torey's class at the beginning of her second year?
2. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
3. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
4. How did Jadie say Tashee died?
5. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
6. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
7. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
8. What happened to Reuben on the last day of school?
9. What did Jadie make the dolls do when she got angry with them?
10. What did Torey try to explain to Jadie on the last day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jadie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did Torey educate herself, and what affect did this have on her students?
Essay Topic 3
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)