|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jadie not in her classroom at the beginning of Torey's second year?
2. What kind of requirements did Brucie have?
3. What is Torey impressed about when she sees her classroom in Pecking?
4. Where had Hugh seen the quartered circle before?
5. Why did Torey move to Pecking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
2. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
3. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
4. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
5. What warning did Jadie give Torey about spiders?
6. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
7. Why did Jadie not want the top put on the doll box?
8. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
9. What did Jadie say she could make the stolen puppy do?
10. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened to Jadie at the end of the book, and how did she show her gratitude for this?
Essay Topic 2
What did Torey's ideas in the Epilogue reveal, and how did these align with your personal take on these instances?
Essay Topic 3
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)