|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jadie like to play with Torey's dolls?
2. What did Jadie cry about needing a safe place to hide?
3. Where did Torey confront the person who hurt Reuben on the last day of school?
4. Who did Jadie say killed Tashee?
5. How many students did Torey have when she first got to Pecking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning did Jadie give Torey about spiders?
2. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
3. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
4. What happened to Reuben on the last day of school?
5. Who did Jadie think Torey was, and why?
6. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
7. What did Reuben do on Torey's first day that shocked her?
8. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom all day?
9. What did Jadie say she could make the stolen puppy do?
10. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What happened with the dolls, and what did each of these instances symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)