|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade did Alice teach?
2. When did Torey spend time with Hugh?
3. What did Torey use to illustrate Jadie's problem while on vacation?
4. How did Torey view herself among the other teachers at the school?
5. Where had Hugh seen the quartered circle before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Jadie think Torey was, and why?
2. What did Jadie do the first time she locked herself in the closet?
3. What did Torey try to explain to Jadie on the last day of school?
4. Why did Jadie not want the top put on the doll box?
5. What did Jadie make the dolls do when she got angry with them?
6. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
7. What did Jadie say she could make the stolen puppy do?
8. How did Jadie's parents explain her bad posture when standing?
9. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
10. What did Torey do to make Jadie cry on her first day at the school in Pecking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
Essay Topic 3
How did Torey educate herself, and what affect did this have on her students?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)