|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey view herself among the other teachers at the school?
2. What did Jadie think happened to June?
3. Why did Torey move to Pecking?
4. What did Jadie ask Torey about the other children Torey had helped?
5. What did the school sponsor on the last day of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tashee die?
2. How did Jadie say Tashee died?
3. What did Jadie do during the Halloween party, and why?
4. When was the first time Torey saw Jadie standing upright?
5. What caused Jadie to finally decide to talk to others about her story of abuse?
6. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
7. How did Torey get Jadie to class at the beginning of her second year?
8. What disrupted the routine of Torey's class at the beginning of her second year?
9. What did Jeremiah do to torment Philip on Torey's first day in the classroom?
10. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
Essay Topic 1
What impact did Halloween have on Jadie? What did she do on this holiday, and why was her reaction to it so different than the other children?
Essay Topic 2
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)