|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jadie add to the dolls the second time she played with them?
2. Where did Jadie learn she could be safe with God?
3. What did Jeremiah do to make Jadie hide in the cloakroom during class?
4. Where had Hugh seen the quartered circle before?
5. What was Torey unable to ask for from the more experienced people in Pecking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey try to explain to Jadie on the last day of school?
2. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
3. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
4. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
5. Who did Jadie think Torey was, and why?
6. Why was Jeremiah placed in Torey's classroom?
7. What did Jeremiah do to torment Philip on Torey's first day in the classroom?
8. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
9. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
10. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Hugh lend to Jadie's situation, and what might have been different in the end of the case without his ideas and intervention?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these situations?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of abuse was strong in this book. Where did this theme appear, and what were the major responses to these occurrences?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)