Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torey know Jadie could stand upright?
2. When was Torey usually able to see Arkie?
3. Who hears Jadie scream in the cloakroom?
4. What did Jade refuse to do in front of other people?
5. Where did Torey go to spend time with Hugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jadie tell Torey in her car that she didn't want to tell people about her abuse?
2. Why was Jadie in danger of being sent back home to her abusive parents?
3. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
4. What is a brood mare?
5. How did Tashee die?
6. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
7. What did Torey use her Epilogue to do?
8. What connection gave Lindy some hard evidence for her case against Lindy's parents?
9. How did Torey get Jadie to get started on her collage?
10. What did Jadie say the people from Dallas did?
Essay Topic 1
Jadie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
Essay Topic 3
What did Jadie do to try and protect her sisters, and why did she feel such a deep need to do these things for her sisters' protection?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)