|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Torey confront the person who hurt Reuben on the last day of school?
2. What was the quartered circle used for?
3. What did Philip do when he didn't want to participate with the class?
4. What was Arkie's occupation?
5. Why did Torey think June killed herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
2. How did Jadie say Tashee died?
3. What did Torey do after seeing Jadie's behavior with the puppy?
4. What did Jadie make the dolls do when she got angry with them?
5. What did Jadie say she could make the stolen puppy do?
6. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
7. What clue did Hugh give Torey about Jadie when he saw her file?
8. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
9. How did Torey get Jadie to class at the beginning of her second year?
10. What happened to Reuben on the last day of school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened with the dolls, and what did each of these instances symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Lucy and Torey change throughout the course of the plot, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
What did Torey's ideas in the Epilogue reveal, and how did these align with your personal take on these instances?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)