|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jadie get angry with her doll?
2. What was the quartered circle used for?
3. How did Torey view herself among the other teachers at the school?
4. What did Jeremiah do when he got out of Torey's classroom?
5. Where was Jadie at the beginning of Torey's second year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Torey notice when she had a class picture taken?
2. What did Jadie think happened to Jenny?
3. What did Torey do when Jadie drew on the walls of the classroom?
4. Why was Jeremiah placed in Torey's classroom?
5. What did Torey borrow from the Sandry Clinic, and why?
6. When was the first time Torey saw Jadie standing upright?
7. What did Jadie say when she saw what Torey borrowed from the Sandry Clinic?
8. What did Jadie say about her collage when it was finished?
9. What did Reuben do on Torey's first day that shocked her?
10. What did Torey try to do for Jadie to protect her during summer break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Torey mourn for the death of Tashee, and why did she choose these methods?
Essay Topic 2
What is voluntary mutism, and how was it treated in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes in Jadie's life. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)