|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jadie say made her stronger?
2. Who said that Jadie would have to tell her own story in order for the investigation to continue?
(a) All of these.
3. What was Philip's Christmas wish?
(a) For Jadie to stand up straight.
(b) For Jadie to go home.
(c) For Jadie to talk to him.
(d) For Jadie to come to class.
4. Why did Jadie not want Torey to tell others about her abuse?
(a) She didn't want her sister to get hurt.
(b) She didn't want to be the one to talk.
(c) She didn't want to be killed.
(d) She didn't want her family torn apart.
5. What did Delores immediately decide after hearing Jadie's story?
(a) To question Torey.
(b) To remove the children from the home.
(c) To start a search for Tashee.
(d) To take the parents into custody.
6. What did Lucy say to Torey about the investigation?
(a) She was jumping to conclusions.
(b) She was doing the right thing.
(c) She was digging too deep.
(d) She was tearing a family apart.
7. How did Torey feel after her visit from Lucy after the meeting with Lindy?
8. What did Jeremiah want to wear in the Thanksgiving parade?
(b) War paint.
(d) A headdress.
9. What was Torey trying to do when she invited Lucy to do something fun?
(a) Build trust.
(b) Ask about Jadie' past.
(c) Make new friends.
(d) Distract herself from Jadie.
10. What did Amber say was used to give her the quartered circle on her body?
(a) A candle.
(b) A scalpal.
(c) A kitchen knife.
(d) A sharp stone.
11. Why did Jadie tell Torey not to talk to anyone about what happened to her?
(a) She would get in big trouble.
(b) She thought Torey would be killed.
(c) She wasn't telling the truth.
(d) She didn't want to be taken away.
12. What amazed Jadie about Philip's Christmas wish?
(a) She was liked by her classmates.
(b) She wasn't scared anymore to go home.
(c) She felt good when she talked.
(d) She didn't hurt when she stood.
13. What was next to Tashee when she died?
(a) A rose.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A vase.
(d) A doll.
14. What was Torey required by law to do after hearing Jadie's account of Sapphire's abuse?
(a) Put it in her file.
(b) Get permission from the child.
(c) Report it to officials.
(d) Confront the parents.
15. Why did Torey choose to go to a strange bookstore?
(a) To meet Hugh.
(b) To satisfy curiosity.
(c) To get some resource manuals.
(d) To learn about Satanism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Arkie say Torey was risking with the investigation?
2. What was Sapphire put on during her abuse?
3. Who waited with Torey while Jadie was alone with Lindy?
4. What did Jadie tell Torey about when they discussed going back to the clinic?
5. Why did Jadie say she painted bars over the picture she made in class?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)