Chapters 1 and 2
• Torey moved away from the big city to Pecking to be a Special Education Teacher. She had been a therapist, but wanted to teach again.
• Glen, the principal, welcomed her and showed her to her classroom, which Torey was very impressed with. She had 4 students.
• Reuben was autistic, Philip was born premature and addicted to drugs, Jade was an elective mute, and Jeremiah had anger management issues.
• Torey's first morning was chaos, with Jeremiah running from the room repeatedly, Philip rocking in his chair, and Reuben peeing in the trash can.
• Jadie calmly did her work oblivious to the chaos around her. Lucy, another teacher, took the kids to lunch so Torey could unwind.
• Jadie was still in the room, so Torey asked her some questions and got nods until Jadie ran from the room crying.
• The afternoon went better except for Jeremiah painting on Philip...
This section contains 2,660 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)