Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
3. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
4. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
5. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
Compare and contrast the lives of Willa Jo and Liz. How are their circumstances similar? In what ways are their lives different? What draws them together to make them friends? What could have threatened to kill a friendship even before it began?
Describe Liz. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Liz's character in the novel?
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "Getting Near to Baby". What is she trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)