|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Patty offer to pay for for Noreen?
2. What does Noreen decide made Baby so sick?
3. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
4. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
5. What does Willa Jo want more than anything?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
"Getting Near to Baby" is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Audrey Couloumbis is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)