|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Little Sister upset at Aunt Patty?
2. Aunt Patty introduces Little Sister as ______________.
3. Where had Willa Jo's father worked before it went out of business?
4. Liz is on her way to the store to buy _______________.
5. Who scolded Noreen for letting herself go after Baby's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Audrey Couloumbis' use of regionalism in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of regionalism and explain why the author used them where she did.
Essay Topic 2
Audrey Couloumbis is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Willa Jo learns from Aunt Patty? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Willa Jo always recall about her experiences during her twelfth summer?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)