|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctors ask when Noreen, Milly and the girls went to the hospital?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about Willa Jo and Little Sister at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What does Uncle Hob ask the girls on the roof when he sticks his head out a window?
4. What was Baby's real name?
5. What had Aunt Patty done the night before that caused Willa Jo to become annoyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insight does Uncle Hob offer as to why Noreen is coming to get the girls?
2. What type of emotion does Aunt Patty show when she asks if Little Sister had drunk any of the water at the carnival?
3. Describe what happened in the house on the morning that Baby died.
4. Why has Aunt Patty joined the others sitting on the roof?
5. What behavior was Noreen exhibiting that showed her depression and why was Willa Jo happy that Aunt Patty arrived?
6. How do Aunt Patty and Uncle Hob differ in their approaches to relating to the girls?
7. Why does Aunt Patty suggest taking the girls home with her for awhile and how does Willa Jo secretly feel about it?
8. What type of painting did Noreen create which she hoped would help the girls understand Baby's death?
9. What was the nuclear family of Willa Jo and Little Sister prior to Baby's birth?
10. How does the author end the story on a hopeful note?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Aunt Patty. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Noreen. What did she look like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
This section contains 1,247 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)