|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Uncle Hob play?
2. What does Aunt Patty tell Noreen about being on the roof?
3. What is the only thing that Noreen would do after Baby died?
4. Why is Miss Pettibone aggravated with all the girls at lunch time?
5. Noreen painted pictures of Baby ___________________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Liz. What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Liz's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two examples about loss in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 3
What is the greatest lesson Willa Jo learns from Aunt Patty? Is it that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Willa Jo always recall about her experiences during her twelfth summer?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)